Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Missing 'Automated Tasks' Apple Menu option

Missing 'Automated Tasks' Apple Menu option
dalbaugh
Nov 7, 1999, 06:21 PM

I just installed OS 9 and began to configure my machine to my likings when much to my horror I found out there was no 'Automated Tasks' choice in the Apple Menu. Did I not install things correctly or is it just not going to be installed? I am the Network Administrator for a school system and I sometimes help people set up their computer. I always put their most used apps in the Apple Menu with the 'Add Alias to Apple Menu' option from the 'Automated Tasks' item in the Apple Menu. I'm disappointed that it may not be included any longer.

James Z
Nov 7, 1999, 07:14 PM

Don't worry, it's there, and so is NotePad. Apple just decided to take those items of the Apple Menu. Automated tasks should be found in the Apple Extras:Apple Script or somewhere around there. Do a search for it. Also do a search for Notepad, Apple tired to take that one away too.

dalbaugh
Nov 8, 1999, 06:09 PM

Well, I must have done something wrong because I don't find it. Is it on your machine?

Partridge
Nov 8, 1999, 09:00 PM

I found it in "Apple Extras:Apple Script:Automated Tasks", but only after I had dragged my old copy (from 8.6 Apple Menu) into the Apple Menu folder. The "old" scripts work just fine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules