Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New MacBook :)

New MacBook :)
Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 3, 2009, 01:38 AM

I had an original first-gen MacBook that gave me hell. After 2 dead heard drives, a dead logic board, 2 dead optinal disks, a dead screen, 2 palm rest changed, and a full outer case change.. I got Apple to exchange it for a new one.

Now I'm the proud owner of a white 2.1Ghz MacBook. They didn't give me a new Alum MacBook, but what I got was extraordinary for what I had.

I just love the Apple style.

Hg+

ibook_steve
Jan 3, 2009, 02:38 AM

Holy crap! You've had all those problems for at least 2 years I bet and you only now got a brand new machine? You are far more patient than me.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Hg2491  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 3, 2009, 02:48 AM

Here in DR the word exchange does not exist. I had to contact Apple USA in order to get one. Where I use to take it they would change the pieces systematically. I asked to see if I could get an exchange and they coldly told me no -- of course not, they get paid everytime they work under my machine with Applecare.

Anyways, the waiting gave its fruits.

Forum Links
Forum Rules