Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Best way to get my PEECEE email folders to 17"?

Best way to get my PEECEE email folders to 17"?
donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2003, 07:58 PM

What is the best way to get the emails and the folders from outlook express on a PC platform to MAIL in my new 17"?

catalystC
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 23, 2003, 08:00 PM

Do a search for outlook express and entourage.

I used outlook2mac to move outlook xp to entourage.

donny31  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2003, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by catalystC:
Do a search for outlook express and entourage.
the messages are on my pc--not on my laptop --what good would a search do?

catalystC
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 23, 2003, 08:04 PM

Do a search on this forum, for outlook express + entourage.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Apr 23, 2003, 10:31 PM

As for transferring your email onto the Mac, here's how you can do it:

a.) Set up a POP3 account on my mail server and sent myself several e-mails, some with attachments some without.

b.) Set up Outlook Express in Windows XP to use that POP3 account and downloaded the mail.

c.) Copied the "Outlook Express" folder at "CDocuments and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{string-of-numbers}\Microsoft" to my Mac.

d.) Used Emailchemy (program found here) to convert the mail to Apple Mail.app format (I used the Outlook Express Windows Wizard from the Wizards menu)

e.) Copied the resulting mailboxes to ~/Library/Mail/Mailboxes and re-launched Mail.app. (This step could be replaced by simply setting the output directory to ~/Library/Mail/Mailboxes instead of copying it there afterwards, I recommend doing this [close Mail.app first]).
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

donny31  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 24, 2003, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
As for transferring your email onto the Mac, here's how you can do it:

a.) Set up a POP3 account on my mail server and sent myself several e-mails, some with attachments some without.

b.) Set up Outlook Express in Windows XP to use that POP3 account and downloaded the mail.

c.) Copied the "Outlook Express" folder at "CDocuments and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{string-of-numbers}\Microsoft" to my Mac.

d.) Used Emailchemy (program found here) to convert the mail to Apple Mail.app format (I used the Outlook Express Windows Wizard from the Wizards menu)

e.) Copied the resulting mailboxes to ~/Library/Mail/Mailboxes and re-launched Mail.app. (This step could be replaced by simply setting the output directory to ~/Library/Mail/Mailboxes instead of copying it there afterwards, I recommend doing this [close Mail.app first]).
Im trying to get my messages from my PC to my mac --was that your situation also --could you make the first few steps more depictive

thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules