Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Having problems watching videos, anyone?

Having problems watching videos, anyone?
andreadeca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2005, 03:10 AM

Very wierd... after 10.4 install (clean erase) I have a HARD time watching divx videos hat worked just great before.

They are still visible, but look like crap: extremely pixellated, full of lines, and such.

i am using exact same software as before (divx codec, QuickTime, VLC 0.8.1, MPlayer)...

Anything similar happen to you??

andrea

yongfook
Forum Regular
May 5, 2005, 03:16 AM

yup. also in VLC when I try to resize the screen too quickly, it hangs. Annoying.
http://www.yongfook.com

dvdnet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2005, 08:50 AM

I'll add a 'me too' for this thread. Watching something in VLC (0.8.1), usually divx, in full screen. I jump out of full screen and the app hangs. I can repeat this consistently.

New bug that appeared today was my sound has gone. The more I use Tiger the more I want Panther back.

Steve

GreyArea
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2005, 08:54 AM

Is it the DiVX 5.2.1 codec? If so, I'm having trouble with it as well - if I minimise a film to the Dock I can never maximise it again. Remove the codec and all is well (apart from not being ablew to play the films, obviously).
Jim
I'm Old Peculiar and so is my beer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules