Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Woman calls 911 for date.

Woman calls 911 for date. (Page 2)
Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2006, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Landos Mustache
Actually I'd say you are better proof of that.
Do yo really think that asking the regional code for Europe is an intelligent question. Not knowing how to do a collect call is a sign of an intelligent being. Not bringing the address of a restaurant with you when you have an important rendez-vous is intelligent. Asking directions to a 411 operator is an intelligent question...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 17, 2006, 05:05 PM

WTF Monique? You're killing me with your stupid generalizations you make so constantly...

Comon, make an effort to think a little. For starters, ask yourself how many generalizations you can actually prove as being factually correct, and ask yourself how you'd feel if somebody make a generalization about women, such as women being poor drivers or being intectually inferior to men?

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Jul 17, 2006, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
Do yo really think that asking the regional code for Europe is an intelligent question. Not knowing how to do a collect call is a sign of an intelligent being. Not bringing the address of a restaurant with you when you have an important rendez-vous is intelligent. Asking directions to a 411 operator is an intelligent question...
Of course not, they are stupid assed questions, but who ever claimed there are no stupid people in Canada to begin with?

You're just very anti-canada and have bitching how you are leaving for 5 years but still haven't done **** about it.

Shut up or get out.

"Hello, what have we here?

Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2006, 05:17 PM

Of course not, they are stupid assed questions, but who ever claimed there are no stupid people in Canada to begin with?

You're just very anti-canada and have bitching how you are leaving for 5 years but still haven't done **** about it.

Shut up or get out.
So get me the papers I need to leave in one of the following countries: U.K., France, or the U.S.

It is not that easy but of course you are of superior mind so it should be easy for you to get the necessary papers. Or you could give me 100,000.00 So I could live in England for a long time.

No money just like me.

And if I want to criticize Canada and which way, I will do so; afterall this is an American message board, and in the U.S. I am free.

Also, you bitch often against the U.S. maybe you should not deal with them at all.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Jul 17, 2006, 05:20 PM

So get me the papers I need to leave in one of the following countries: U.K., France, or the U.S.

It is not that easy but of course you are of superior mind so it should be easy for you to get the necessary papers. Or you could give me 100,000.00 So I could live in England for a long time.

No money just like me.
1) Get your own damn papers and money. What am I a bitch export service?
2) If your countries of choice are so wonderful and you are so out of place in Canada it makes one wonder why they don't want you.

"Hello, what have we here?

Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2006, 05:26 PM

1) Get your own damn papers and money. What am I a bitch export service?
2) If your countries of choice are so wonderful and you are so out of place in Canada it makes one wonder why they don't want you.
See not easy; like it is not easy for a Canadian to accept criticism againts anything. You guys love to say that Americans are lazy because they dial 911 for just any reasons; but they are not the only one and you cannot accept that.

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 17, 2006, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Stratus Fear
I agree with this sentiment. Some people would also call me anti-American sometimes, but I'm really just anti-ignornant and anti-stupid. It's a little different, I think.
So am I, but I can see American doesn't have a monopoly on such things. So by singling it out people tend to think that is what you are meaning.

For example, taking Monique statement.

I would say "people are stupid" instead of "Canadians are Stupid"

By only singling out Canada, one might think you only think people from Canada are such.

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 17, 2006, 05:36 PM

Did you used to work for 411?

You think any phone line doesn't get stupid questions? You consider 411 on the same level as 911 just cuz it shares 2 of 3 numbers? You think Canadians are the only ones to call 411 with stupid questions?
I think she is saying people are stupid everywhere.
Yes I did and it is to show that Canadians are not perfect and they are also lazy and brainless.
Now tell me if I am wrong monique. You weren't bashing Canadians so much as trying to show that America wasn't the only ones doing said thing correct?
Originally Posted by besson3c
WTF Monique? You're killing me with your stupid generalizations you make so constantly...
I would LOVE for you to just once say this to say.... SWG.

After all he makes stupid generalizations about America even more often than Mon makes about Canada. And you've been around we he has done it.
See not easy; like it is not easy for a Canadian to accept criticism againts anything. You guys love to say that Americans are lazy because they dial 911 for just any reasons; but they are not the only one and you cannot accept that.
Yes SWG can dish it out, but isn't very good at taking it.

Now maybe he sees how others see him when he goes off on one of his anti-America tirades.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2006, 05:40 PM

Of course people are stupid everywhere. It is like saying all Americans are lazy which is not true. I have been asked stupid questions by visitors before.

I am bashing some Canadians, the one who are stupid, racist, moronic, narrow minded, unable to accept criticism, violent, full of themselves.

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 17, 2006, 05:43 PM

I am bashing some Canadians, the one who are stupid, racist, moronic, narrow minded, unable to accept criticism, violent, full of themselves.
I've met many Canadians in my life. Most all of them were wonderful.

It's a shame the few that are asshats have to ruin their rep.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 17, 2006, 06:03 PM

Of course people are stupid everywhere. It is like saying all Americans are lazy which is not true. I have been asked stupid questions by visitors before.

Monique, do you know how dumb you sound with these constant generalizations?

There are dumb and inconsiderate people everywhere. Moving out of one country to another country where there are still dumb and inconsiderate people is a bit drastic, no?

Maybe a better solution would be to go to where you feel more comfortable, starting with the country you're in?

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 17, 2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
Monique, do you know how dumb you sound with these constant generalizations?
Saying that there is dumb people everywhere?

Or saying that certain Canadians in here can bash America, but once Canada get bashed they get all puffy?

For example, not once have I seen you tell SWG that his constant generalizations about America make him sound dumb. Why is that besson?
There are dumb and inconsiderate people everywhere. Moving out of one country to another country where there are still dumb and inconsiderate people is a bit drastic, no?

Maybe a better solution would be to go to where you feel more comfortable, starting with the country you're in?
besson the problem is, certain people believe America has a monopoly on such a thing. And they like to THINK their country is "different"

This is deluded thinking.

People are people no matter where they live.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2006, 06:13 PM

1) Besson- Playing the "You Generalize!" card is one of the weakest tactics you can use in a debate. Although it isn't nearly as feeble as the other card you frequently play: "I can not recognize any user name unless it is fully spelled out"

2) Monique, you need to ask the mods to change your user name changed to Moanique

edited

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 17, 2006, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
1) Playing the "You Generalize!" card is one of the weakest tactics you can use in a debate

How so? I'm not arguing the semantics of her point just to nitpick details and use that as debate leverage. I don't really care about being right, because as far as I'm concerned there is no debate, Monique's statements are inaccurate - plain and simple. I think that if you are going to make such aggressive claims, you ought to be prepared to defend them using logic and reason.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2006, 06:18 PM

Ya right Besson, why would I spend my time crafting a logical argument against someone whose idea of wit is complaining about user name abbreviations?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 17, 2006, 06:29 PM

OK, i think this has gone on far enough! (Much too far, actually.)

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules