Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Airport Problems

Airport Problems
serranot
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2003, 08:56 PM

Hello,

I have had a 2nd Gen ABS since October 2002 and it has worked flawlessly until recently. Now, when the machine wakes from sleep, or sometime right in the middle of surfing, my eMac 1ghz AE loses the ABS signal. In order to get the connection back, I have to open the Airport Config Utility. Even when I open that, it finds no network. After I select "scan again" 3-4 times and close the app, my connection returns. I have not changed the hardware config recently, but I have loaded all of the Jag updates. I 'm not sure if the problem is faulty hardware or sofeware. I would appreciate any thoughts.
T-bob

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 23, 2003, 09:59 PM

It sounds like your AirPort card's antenna connection may have worked loose. This sort of thing was pretty common with the original iMacs, so it's probably a good guess that it could be your problem too.

Take a look at this knowledge base article about installing the AirPort card in an eMac for how you can get at the antenna connection.

Hope this helps.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules