Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > I think my ipod is about to die :(

I think my ipod is about to die :(
neverskatewsandles
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 20, 2007, 12:59 PM

My Ipod has been acting pretty wierd lately. It has been crashing atleast twice a week and the click weel is acting all sorts of wierd.

The touch/click weel is only responding is you press a button before you try to use it. If the backlight goes off and i want to adjust the volume i have to pause/unpaus the song and then use the wheel. It's really wierd. The ipod is the one with the color screen 4th gen i guess. If anyone knows how to fix this I would appriciate the help/ Ohh and also is there much of a difference between the 5th generation ipods and the NEW ipods the makes it worth trying to seek one out. If mine is dying im wondering if a refurb is worth getting. The only refurbs are the original 5th generation ipods.
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

drewcifer
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2007, 05:19 PM

you can get it repaired through the battery replacement program for about 60 dollars, thats probably the most economical way to get you back with a functioning ipod.
Macbook Pro 15" (fully spec'd out)

...waiting for 6g ipods.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 21, 2007, 08:01 PM

It came out to be $37.95 for a new battery for me for a 4G non color through Apple.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 22, 2007, 05:03 PM

I could go that way but for that much it wouldnt be to much more to get a new refirb.
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

Forum Links
Forum Rules