Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Google I/O companion app for iOS released for the first time

Google I/O companion app for iOS released for the first time
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
May 13, 2016, 10:38 PM

Google is appearing to take more steps to appeal to developers within the Apple device ecosystem, by offering up a version of its developer event app on iOS. The official iPhone app for Google I/O, set to take place next week, marks the first time the search company has created a version of the app for iOS, alongside its official Android app that has been offered for a longer period of time, with the app giving attendees and other interested developers the ability to check in on events happening during the conference.

Despite being a port from the Android version, Google has seemingly included all major features from the original app in the iOS variant. Users are able to scan through the conference agenda in detail, create a personalized schedule of content to follow and to create reminders for presentations, and can synchronize the schedule with the app on other devices and the I/O website. Most importantly, the app also provides a way for people not attending in person to view the keynote and live streams of major sessions during the event.

Running from May 18 to May 20 and held in Mountain View, California, Google I/O is similar to WWDC in terms of showcasing what developers can expect to see in future updates to the Android operating system, and other areas Google operates within. Given the introduction of the iOS app and continued efforts to cater towards Apple users, it is likely that some content brought up during the conference will relate to iOS, OS X, and other Apple platforms.

Forum Links
Forum Rules