Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Harry Potter 2 goes black...

Harry Potter 2 goes black...
gdiddy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 5, 2003, 12:17 PM

Any one else having this problem? After I complete the Skurge Challenge, I lose video! The screen goes black except for the health lightning bolts. I can still hear stuff, but I can't see anything.

This happened to mey son while he was playing in OSX so I'm wondering if they got this answer mixed up

http://www.aspyr.com/faq.php?p_faq_i...=1054829680278
Michael: Hasn't everything been sort of discovered now by like Magellan and Cortez?

Buster: Oh, yeah yeah, those guys did a pretty good job.

j mars
Jun 5, 2003, 07:38 PM

I have a similar problem when I try to enter the Chamber of Secrets, the game quits. This has happened with two different game files. They say no one else is having this problem. Aspyr claims that the cause is my beige G3 upgraded to a G4 although nowhere in their sight can I find that upgrades are not supported. For proof they offer two Apple documents that claim that upgrades will not function under OSX (completely untrue). My opinion of Aspyr has dropped to nothing, I have sent all my communication with their support person to the attention of their CEO. This suppor? is an insult.

gdiddy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 5, 2003, 10:30 PM

Well I tried it on my TiBook, My sons iMac 350 slot loading and my upgraded beige with the same results on all three.
Michael: Hasn't everything been sort of discovered now by like Magellan and Cortez?

gdiddy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2003, 05:04 PM

Has anyone played this game past this point? Any chance you could send me the saved game at this save point or close to it?

warnergt
Forum Regular
Jun 30, 2003, 10:26 AM

Did he ever go back?

gdiddy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2003, 11:00 AM

I was waiting for someone to say that...

And, no, he never did.

sideus
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2003, 11:01 AM

Once you go black, you never...

eyadams
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2003, 12:12 PM

Has anyone played this game past this point?
I have played CoS all the way through, to the end, on my Beige G3/500 with ATI 128 card, with no problems. Twice. And I'm most of the way through playing it all the way through a third time. Still no problems.

gdiddy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2003, 02:10 PM

How freakin weird. Must be the magnetic waves around my house!

My son is starting over from scratch so hopefully it will work this time. Four year olds have short memories and don't seem to mind playing the same game again! The same can't be said for his Father.

Forum Links
Forum Rules