Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > No display from original card after installing ATI 7000

No display from original card after installing ATI 7000
craigthomas
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2004, 04:53 AM

HELP! I get no display from the stock original video card after installing the Radeon 7000 Mac Edition. I was told by ATI that I could have 2 cards, one for my ADC display and the new one, 7000, for my TV. But after installing the 7000, my 15" flat has no screen. It's like teh 7000 took it away. Supposed to be dual monitor support but in the Panther system prefs, it only shows the 7000 connected to the TV.

Is there a command key that resets the video to it's origonal setting?

Appreciate any help
Craig

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2004, 12:22 PM

Please post your system specs, it'll help tracking down what the problem may be.

craigthomas  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2004, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by GoGoReggieXPowars:
Please post your system specs, it'll help tracking down what the problem may be.
I have a 466 G4 tower with a 15" Apple Flat Studio Display (ADC). Installed is a factory Rage 128 with a ADC and a Radeon 7000 Mac eddtion. I also replaced the 128 with a ati 9000 today and still nothing on the 15". But now I do seem to be getting dual monitors, but can't access the monitor preferences since the menu must be on the blank studio display. Wondering if its just the brightness setting? This is frustrating.

P
Feb 26, 2004, 02:35 AM

Originally posted by craigthomas:
I have a 466 G4 tower with a 15" Apple Flat Studio Display (ADC). Installed is a factory Rage 128 with a ADC and a Radeon 7000 Mac eddtion. I also replaced the 128 with a ati 9000 today and still nothing on the 15". But now I do seem to be getting dual monitors, but can't access the monitor preferences since the menu must be on the blank studio display. Wondering if its just the brightness setting? This is frustrating.
Could be a lot of things. Try resetting the PRAM and booting into OS 9. Does the monitor have power? I know the ADC should supply power, but does it? Is there a power light anywhere? I assume you have checked that there is contact everywhere.

craigthomas  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2004, 02:04 AM

Yes, it has power, and when i use a dual monitor setup i can tell by looking at the other monitor, and going to the monitors preferences, that the computer sees the monitor. but it's just black. Very frustrating. Brought it to the Apple Store today, they want $450 to fix it without even knowing what it is.

Forum Links
Forum Rules