Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Leopard Relase / Refurb Machines

Leopard Relase / Refurb Machines
Tyinturru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2007, 10:16 PM

I'm planning on purchasing a refurbished Macbook Pro after the relase of Leopard. Can anyone give me an estimate on how long it will take for the refurbished machines to have Leopard pre-installed?

I'm set on waiting for Leopard, but if it's going to take another month after the OS gets released before I can actually buy it then I might as well just buy a refurb now, right?

Podolsky
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2007, 11:43 PM

don't wait. get it now, buy leopard and you will have the disks. refurbs in the past have lagged behind os releases. they won't show up with leopard till after the release - how long is impossible to say.

Tyinturru  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2007, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Podolsky View Post
don't wait. get it now, buy leopard and you will have the disks. refurbs in the past have lagged behind os releases. they won't show up with leopard till after the release - how long is impossible to say.
Couldn't I wait until they announce the release and upgrade for free? Or do you not end up with the discs if you do that? I thought I could save some money by not buying Leopard after.

I know, it's all expensive as it is, but I want this to be my last computer for a few years and don't want to spend any more than I have to to get what I need.

zerostar
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2007, 07:48 PM

Wait till leopard is released then buy and you can do the up-to-date to get the 10.5 DVD but you will need to install it yourself. In the past this has been $20 for the DVD/Shipping I believe.

Tyinturru  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2007, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by zerostar View Post
Wait till leopard is released then buy and you can do the up-to-date to get the 10.5 DVD but you will need to install it yourself. In the past this has been $20 for the DVD/Shipping I believe.
Wait till it's released or just announced for that?

Forum Links
Forum Rules