Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Microfiber keyboard cover

Microfiber keyboard cover
m i k e
Jul 13, 2007, 03:44 PM

From past experiences with laptops I have had issues with the display hitting the keyboard when it is closed creating marks on the screen.

Is this the case with the MacBook Pro?

I'm wondering if I should purchase this microfiber keyboard cover from Marware. I'd rather not make the purchase if its not a problem on these computers though.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 13, 2007, 05:25 PM

I haven't seen it yet. And I see a quite a few different machines as an Apple tech.

MarkMS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2007, 01:07 AM

Haven't seen this issue in any of the Macbook (Pro) laptops I have used at work or my own. On my MBP, I have invested in a keyboard cover instead of a microfiber cover. It helps keep the keyboard clean and avoids any major wear while I type. I did the same for my old iBook before I got rid of it and after 4 years the keyboard still looked like the day I bought it.

And as far as I can see, the screen does not hit the keyboard even with the cover.

I bought my MBP cover from Macessity, if you want to check it out. Worth every penny.

uicandrew
Senior User
Jul 14, 2007, 03:44 PM

i actually have that problem with my new SR macbook pro.

it never had that problem until i sent my macbook pro (mailed it in) to get the thermal paste redone. and after i got it back, there were key marks on the screen.

my theory is that the weight of the macbook pro being upside down for so long (ie - during the shipping process) caused the marks to be there.

I had my macbook pro for about 2 weeks without that problem.
Mac User since Summer 2005 (started with G4 mini bought from macnn forums!)

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2007, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by m i k e View Post
From past experiences with laptops I have had issues with the display hitting the keyboard when it is closed creating marks on the screen.

Is this the case with the MacBook Pro?

I'm wondering if I should purchase this microfiber keyboard cover from Marware. I'd rather not make the purchase if its not a problem on these computers though.
Buy it. Every Powerbook I've ever owned from the 5300 series has this problem. I have a keyboard protector and still have marks on mine from the keys AND the trackpad from the few times I didn't have it with me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules