Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Leopard cannot connect to shared drive

Leopard cannot connect to shared drive
frdmfghtr
Senior User
Feb 21, 2009, 10:35 PM

I'm running fully updated 10.5.6 on an iMac and MBA. Occasionally I can't connect to the shared drives on the iMac from the MBA. I'll try connecting, but get a "connection failed" error after a minute or so. The firewalls are set up to allow screen/printer/file sharing. Screen and printer sharing work fine, it's just the file sharing. A reboot (I can't recall which end; I'll have to try that) will fix things for a while but then the problem returns.

Has anybody else here seen this?

frdmfghtr  (op)
Senior User
Feb 22, 2009, 01:48 PM

Update: Rebooting the MBA didn't help, but rebooting the iMac fixed it.

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 22, 2009, 04:06 PM

So the iMac stays in place and on, while the MBA comes and goes...that right there might explain how the iMac refuses to see the MBA from time to time. Glad you got it working!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

frdmfghtr  (op)
Senior User
Feb 22, 2009, 05:00 PM

Well, it's the opposite actually. The MBA can't see the iMac unless I reboot the iMac. BUT, screen and printer sharing still work; I can use the printer connected to the iMac and share the iMac's screen on the MBA

Forum Links
Forum Rules