Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > [css] printing with different webbrowsers the same page/css troubles

[css] printing with different webbrowsers the same page/css troubles
Sharky K.
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2003, 06:11 AM

I working on a news site including a print css file. All browsers use the print css but print it very differently. I have set the css now so Camino prints the way it should be although Camino has also its print problems.

Camino:
different divs get different pages if font is set on something else then pixels such as points or pica

Safari:
Prints the text very small and doesn't use the full width of the page (A4)

OmniWeb:
Opposite of Safari. Prints page larger than given page setup so you miss text and text is very large.

An other problem is that I want to print a page with print css in a frame but should print like there is no frame.

url: http://80.126.213.52:591/eboomberg/

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jul 25, 2003, 09:17 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for print stylesheets shouldn't you be using points to specify your font sizes?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Sharky K.  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2003, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Millennium:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for print stylesheets shouldn't you be using points to specify your font sizes?
I tried (I also prefere points) but then even camino doesn't print it oke. (first page with only header 1, last page with only footer, yes I know, sounds strange)

Sharky K.  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2003, 05:57 AM

nobody?

m.brown
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 12, 2003, 05:07 PM

Originally posted by Sharky K.:
nobody?
Have you tried modifying Eric Meyer's CSS from ALA CSS beyond the browser: Going to print?

york28
Senior User
Aug 13, 2003, 12:36 PM

I'd second the suggestion for adapting Meyer's code. Print css support is not something I'm too familiar with, but I do know that it is not very well universally supported. Starting with code known to work a certain way ought to make things easier.
We need less Democrats and Republicans, and more people that think for themselves.

infinite expanse

Forum Links
Forum Rules