Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > m4p files problem

m4p files problem
urbatronik
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2005, 12:13 AM

Hello

i made a search and i couldn't find something similar to this.

The last year i had an AOL account with which i dowloaded a few songs from the iTMS.

Right now a different AOL account and i can't import those files to my iPod.

any suggestions?

thanks...

lenox
Senior User
Apr 8, 2005, 11:47 AM

I don't think you can transfer music authorization between accounts. Have you asked apple/aol?

urbatronik  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2005, 01:23 PM

no yet

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Transatlantic flight, first class, third row, aisle seat
Apr 8, 2005, 01:30 PM

Are you at least able to play the files on your computer with iTunes? There should be the possibility to authorize the new account to play songs from the old account (same as if on different computers) with your login data.

if this doesn't work, there's always the solution to burn a CD with the songs and then rip them back to mp3 (or AAC) format to "bypass" the authorization/account problem - although there is a slight loss in quality involved (should not be a problem normally).

Hope this helps.
- What is your nationality?
- I'm a drunkard. That makes me a citizen of the world.

urbatronik  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 9, 2005, 08:24 PM

i cant play those files in my computer, so i better do what you said, convert them to mp3 after burn them as audio files

thank you

Busemann
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2005, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by urbatronik:
i cant play those files in my computer, so i better do what you said, convert them to mp3 after burn them as audio files

thank you
That results in a noticeable quality loss. Why can't you just authorize the songs with your old account?

urbatronik  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 10, 2005, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by Busemann:
That results in a noticeable quality loss. Why can't you just authorize the songs with your old account?
i dont know how to do that, when i try to listen to those files, it ask me for my old password. if i enter it, it tells me that that account cannot be found, on the other hand, if i try to enter my new username and password, it tells me that those files cannot be played using that account, something like that, i cant remember the error message exactly

i thought that it was a way to "re-authorize" downloaded music. i already convert those files to audio and then to .m4a. i can notice the lost of quality anyway.

thanx a lot.

Forum Links
Forum Rules