Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Why is it "racist" to demand Obama's transcript?

Why is it "racist" to demand Obama's transcript? (Page 2)
stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2011, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
Again, this is the same thing as the birther nonsense -- why should he have to?
The transparency he promised?

It seems most of the other recent Presidential candidates have all this information out on the table. Why is Obama too good to have his past checked and vetted?

Dork.
Professional Poster
May 2, 2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
The transparency he promised?

It seems most of the other recent Presidential candidates have all this information out on the table. Why is Obama too good to have his past checked and vetted?
Do we know what John McCain's grade was in Chemistry I as a Freshman? What about his lab reports? How can we be sure that Barry Goldwater didn't secretly pull strings to get McCain exempted from handing in that homework assignment that one time?

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2011, 09:22 AM

Do we know what John McCain's grade was in Chemistry I as a Freshman? What about his lab reports?
I'm not sure. I do know however that Obama is not the first, nor the last candidate for public office who will be asked to provide details of his education.

You also have to remember that unlike John McCain, Obama had virtually no record of long-term accomplishments in the field he was requesting a job in, and had no real record of running any kind of large organization. Whether or not he showed initiative in his educational pursuits based on his own effort was/is one of the few gauges available to determine if Obama was qualified for his job.

He was one of the least vetted politicians ever to achieve the highest office, and I think we are paying for that now with a dismal performance. Sarah Palin had more experience, probing looks into her past, and more general vetting as a VP that Obama did, and she only went for VP.

Dork.
Professional Poster
May 2, 2011, 09:58 AM

I'm not sure. I do know however that Obama is not the first, nor the last candidate for public office who will be asked to provide details of his education.

You also have to remember that unlike John McCain, Obama had virtually no record of long-term accomplishments in the field he was requesting a job in, and had no real record of running any kind of large organization. Whether or not he showed initiative in his educational pursuits based on his own effort was/is one of the few gauges available to determine if Obama was qualified for his job.

He was one of the least vetted politicians ever to achieve the highest office, and I think we are paying for that now with a dismal performance. Sarah Palin had more experience, probing looks into her past, and more general vetting as a VP that Obama did, and she only went for VP.
We're talking around each other, because I don't buy the notion that "we don't know much about Obama". I think we know everything that is useful to know. I think the issue is not that we don't know enough about Obama, but rather that some people don't trust the information we know. And that's an entirely different matter.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2011, 10:07 AM

Do we know what John McCain's grade was in Chemistry I as a Freshman? What about his lab reports? How can we be sure that Barry Goldwater didn't secretly pull strings to get McCain exempted from handing in that homework assignment that one time?
If someone pulled strings, it would have been McCain's father, Adm. J.S McCain Jr. J.S. McCain III went to Annapolis and one has to be nominated by a Rep. or Sen., The VEEP or POTUS. There are several other categories that include children whose parent was KIA or is MIA, children of CMA recipients etc. If anyone wants his grades, they can file a FOIA request with the Navy.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2011, 12:32 PM

I just wanted to give a to Gee-Man's earlier post. The college experiences he describes with respect to this "issue" mirror my own to a tee.

I also wanted to give a to ebuddy's post where he essentially said that the time to ask these sort of questions would have been during President Obama's candidacy .... not 2 years into his administration. Even then it would have raised plenty of eyebrows if it was just some random "fishing expedition" outside of some legitimate reason to question his academic "resume". But at least the timing would have made some sort of sense.

And if one doesn't know what magna cum laude means then one really shouldn't be going there.

OAW

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2011, 01:15 PM

We're talking around each other, because I don't buy the notion that "we don't know much about Obama". I think we know everything that is useful to know.
I think that's probably true today. However, I don't think that was true back when the media was fawning, not vetting, and he was trying to sell the public on the notion that he was John McCain Lite. I don't think he's going to be able to pretend he's some sort of reasonable moderate in 2012 and get anyone other than the way far left to believe it.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 2, 2011, 01:30 PM

I think that's probably true today. However, I don't think that was true back when the media was fawning, not vetting, and he was trying to sell the public on the notion that he was John McCain Lite. I don't think he's going to be able to pretend he's some sort of reasonable moderate in 2012 and get anyone other than the way far left to believe it.
He is just like Bush but he is far left? Which is it?

design219
Professional Poster
May 2, 2011, 07:55 PM

Video: Why Obama shouldn't have had to 'show his papers' Video

A very good video on why Obama shouldn't have had to "show his papers."

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

Dork.
Professional Poster
May 2, 2011, 08:25 PM

I don't think he's going to be able to pretend he's some sort of reasonable moderate in 2012 and get anyone other than the way far left to believe it.
Hah! The far left thinks he's way too far right to be labeled a moderate.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
He is just like Bush but he is far left? Which is it?
When did I say he was just like Bush?

Forum Links
Forum Rules