Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook problems today!

Macbook problems today!
Dark Matter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2006, 08:14 AM

Hey guys. I'm new here and hope to get alone with you all. and enjoy my stay here

anyways. I got my new macbook about 3 days ago and very very happy (my first apple) i've lways been on windows and hate it. this morning i turned on my macbook and charged it up to full. A little later on i shut it down and closed the screen down when the screen went black (thinking it's all of right) but the white light on the corner of the macbook was on untill i opened up the screen again. i try and turn it on but i can't it just wont go on. I took out the battery and put back in to see if this would help and BINGO back working again but this time the light on the built in isight was on costantly i opened photo booth and all i got was a green image no live footage or anything. I shut it down and turn back on again this time it's all working fine for about 2 hours untill i open up idvd and making a dvd i wanted to burn later when i herd the fan (i think it was the fan) getting louder and and faster i thought i left cd in but i didn't have one in i closed idvd and all other programs and it still got faster and loud becuase this is my first mac i didn't know if this was normal so i shut it down again!

FINALLY it's all working now and nothing gone wrong lets hope

i know about the macbook getting very hot. i thinking now maybe the fan was just getting really fast becuase of te heat.

Sorry if that is hard to read.

Thanks, Aaron

Neub Detat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2006, 08:31 AM

it's either paint or someone rubbed it for a very long time at that spot. Doesn't look like it will come out.

Dark Matter  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2006, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Neub Detat
it's either paint or someone rubbed it for a very long time at that spot. Doesn't look like it will come out.
What??? i havn't spilt anything on my macbook i'm on about hardware or software problems here

cyberwarrior
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2006, 10:11 AM

Hello Aaron, welcome to mac.

The fan on my MB sounds like a jet on take-off when it really gets going, most likely nothing to worry about. You can keep an eye on the temperature with Core Duo Temp: http://macbricol.free.fr/coreduotemp/ (you'll need the speedit kernel extension which is mentioned and linked on that page) and see people's temperatures here: http://www.intelmactemp.com/list
MB 1.83GHz/2GB
ACD 20"

Forum Links
Forum Rules