Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > ASUS usb wireless adapter for Macs

ASUS usb wireless adapter for Macs
smileydub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2006, 11:00 AM

In case you are looking for a usb wireless adapter for your Apple desktop or laptop, the ASUS WL-167G works very well. It also works well on Windows computers.

Available: ASUS WL-167g USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter - Retail at Newegg.com

Driver: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

The Mac driver comes in the supplied CD, but you can also get from the ASUS download website shown above.

stuart crossley
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 12, 2006, 03:31 PM

can anyone help,

I have a WL-167g usb connector used to connect my applemac OS X.39 to the internet. However since I now have to connect to the wireless using a password it is causing problems. Once connected It works fine, but initially it will not recognise the link because it cannot connect automatically. For some strange reason if I connect to another wireless hub which is switched on I can stay connected for long enough to set up my link but if it isn't no connection can be made.

Any ideas
Stuart
Bury

Forum Links
Forum Rules