Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Powermac G5 < $1300

WTB: Powermac G5 < $1300
jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Aug 29, 2006, 08:18 PM

Hey all,

I'm looking for a Powermac G5 for less than $1300. Can be any spec from single 1.6ghz to Dual 2.0 ghz (I don't know if anyone would sell me anything faster for my price), with ram configurations 1gb or higher and HD, 80gb or higher. I'm looking for a deal and hope this great community can help me out.

I've made many many many purchases on MacNN and MacRumors and can provide references. eBay and Heat under onlyjonas.

Thanks for looking!

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 30, 2006, 12:43 AM

Hey, I had/have my PowerMac G5 up for sale.

It's a:
1.6Ghz G5
1.25Gb RAM
Either a the stock 80Gb HD or a 160 Gb HD. I need to keep one of the drives to store my data when I get rid of my machine. Just let me know what you would prefer.
Has Airport extreme card installed
4 Port USB 2.0 expansion card
Superdrive
Restore discs
Manuals
Original box, but I don't have the insert foams i think (I would have to check up in the attic)
What do you think?

PM me.

nationwide
Aug 30, 2006, 03:05 PM

I have a PM G5 for sale. Specs are Dual 2.0 Ghz, 1 gig ram, 160 gig HD, 16X superdrive(pioneer 109), 128MB radeon video card, i've added a usb bluetooth module and upgraded the pioneer 109 to a pioneer 111 superdrive which has faster burn speeds with cd's and dual layer dvd's. I have tons of software that can be installed on it(final cut pro, dvd studio pro, logic express, maya, microsoft office 2004, adobe creative suite premium edition, adobe after effect and virtual pc just to name a few, just ask for any others you may be interested in) I still have orignal box and disks and books. I sold my ibook G4 and upgraded to a macbook pro and really like the new intel macs. So i'm putting my PM G5 up for sale to purchase a new mac pro. I'm considering local sale, ebay or in this case thru macnn. If you are seriously interested you can lookup my ebay i.d. nationwide957 which i'm also verified thru paypal. Asking $1600 for the computer but if you are interested in any software we can work out something also.

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 30, 2006, 03:09 PM

Does the software your including come with the install discs?

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Aug 31, 2006, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by nationwide
I have a PM G5 for sale. Specs are Dual 2.0 Ghz, 1 gig ram, 160 gig HD, 16X superdrive(pioneer 109), 128MB radeon video card, i've added a usb bluetooth module and upgraded the pioneer 109 to a pioneer 111 superdrive which has faster burn speeds with cd's and dual layer dvd's. I have tons of software that can be installed on it(final cut pro, dvd studio pro, logic express, maya, microsoft office 2004, adobe creative suite premium edition, adobe after effect and virtual pc just to name a few, just ask for any others you may be interested in) I still have orignal box and disks and books. I sold my ibook G4 and upgraded to a macbook pro and really like the new intel macs. So i'm putting my PM G5 up for sale to purchase a new mac pro. I'm considering local sale, ebay or in this case thru macnn. If you are seriously interested you can lookup my ebay i.d. nationwide957 which i'm also verified thru paypal. Asking $1600 for the computer but if you are interested in any software we can work out something also.
If this includes the original software, I'm more than interested. Please PM me. Thanks!

nationwide
Aug 31, 2006, 01:13 PM

Pm sent

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Sep 5, 2006, 10:55 AM

Anybody else looking to sell?

nationwide
Sep 9, 2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by jonasmac
Anybody else looking to sell?
are you interested before i put this on ebay?

Forum Links
Forum Rules