Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Settings for tethering a Macintosh to a Cingular EDGE phone via Bluetooth

Settings for tethering a Macintosh to a Cingular EDGE phone via Bluetooth (Page 4)
f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2005, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Krusty
Guess this makes it the first time the laptop + cellphone data has REALLY come in handy. I emailed my roommate (still at work) and girlfriend and warned them off of trying to come here any time soon. Now, I'm (slowly) posting on MacNN. This ROCKS !!!

edit: power just came back on 4:09 PM
Bluetooth drains cell phone batteries quickly, so use it sparingly. Oh, and kudos to the power company for getting your power back up so quickly.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2005, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by f1000
Bluetooth drains cell phone batteries quickly, so use it sparingly. Oh, and kudos to the power company for getting your power back up so quickly.
Yes, I know about the BT, I actually use it fairly often and I typically only get a full day's use out of my phone when I use BT (vs 3 or so if I don't). The power was actually out for what I'm estimating to be over an hour (battery backup should have lasted about 40 min and I was home without power for a good 30 before I got around to posting on MacNN ... I was doing my emailings, etc for the first bit and actually took a phone call too before coming here). The power came on literally as I was hitting 'Post Quick Reply'.

On a side note, I was able to test my phone again yesterday in a part of town with solid full-bar reception on my phone. 127k was the absolute maximum I was able to get (it was solidly in the 115k - 125k range for most of the short tests I performed on the mspeed site I linked above). This is on a Class 10 EDGE device. Must just be the limits of the network in this area. Still, I'm happy with it ... its essentially 2-3x dial-up speeds anywhere for about the same as a "premium" dial-up account.

One final note, I DID buy the new laptop last week (stock iBook 12" which includes 512mb, BT 2.0, Airport Extreme, and a Core Graphics capable GPU). I was looking at a refurb 12" PB but the new iBook came with with all the wireless tech I wanted built-in, so I jumped on that during my state's Tax Free Weekend (still took Apple 10 days to get it shipped to me). I have a desktop, so I really wasn't looking for a powerhouse laptop .. just something very portable that i didn't have to BTO to get what I wanted for less than $1k. For the first time in my life, I really needed a laptop ... I'm a Property Manager (ex-Winblows programmer as of 2002) and due to my tech-oriented past have become the default go-to-guy for setting up our weekly vacation rental properties with high-speed wireless (as individual property owners decide to add it). The roughly 560 properties we manage are spread out across 2 islands with about 25 miles between the east edge of one island and the west edge of the other. Each time I go to set up a new router/modem combo, I have no clue what to expect as far as hardware type and brand that the individual owner purchased nor am I even guaranteed that the service is actually up and running at all until I get there. Basically, our owners buy cable or DSL at their discretion, get whatever modem the service provider is sending at the time and then buy whatever wireless router they feel like. The possible combinations of setups is virtually endless and requires tailoring the setup to whatever they have and *trying* to standardize the settings so that they will be easily supported in the future (so guests can just power-cycle and have everything working when it comes back up). Previously, I had difficulty scheduling the company laptop, had to provide my own wireless card and was sunk if I got to the property 15 miles from the office and found that it didn't work for some reason, requiring me to drive miles back to the office, seek out proper settings online for the specific hardware in the property, print out what I *hoped* was comprehensive instructions for getting the service/modem/router humming along nicely together, reschedule the laptop at a time I could get back in the property, etc. I wasted a heck of a lot of time (mostly on properties I don't even manage directly) for some pretty stupid reasons and the company laptop was a total piece o' shite Dell from the Win98 era that literally took 7-8 minutes to boot (into XP) and would randomly quit working properly for some reason requiring me to spend more time troubleshooting the machine than the wireless setup (or at the very least, a lengthy reboot cycle to get it working again). It was my own private little hell since this is something that normally takes me 5 or 10 minutes to do when I have decent equipment and the ability to research on-the-fly.

There ... I've vented about why this whole tethering + iBook thing is such a freakin' godsend for me
( Last edited by Krusty; Aug 24, 2005 at 07:45 PM. )

crozlo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2005, 04:56 AM

Ok, This is officially frustrating...

I have not yet tried the "faulty phone" approach yet, but I'm back up in Avila Beach, CA, with full bars at 2am - a week later i might add to account for any network maintenance, etc.

...and I'm still getting:

Download Speed: 74 kbps (9.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 44 kbps (5.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

s710a (Class 10 EDGE)
PB G4 Al 15" 1.5 ghz

Everything works great, connects reliably, holds connection great. I'm just NOT getting EDGE speeds. I get MUCH slower speeds in Santa Barbara, CA - only GPRS fast - (which I can't explain because its actually a more populated and more sophisticated market) but up here near San Luis Obispo my speed tests are always the same:

the test starts slow, climbs quickly to about 130kbps and then sharply drops back to somewhere in the neighborhood of 75. My upload speed doesn't do this - it just slowly climbs to its final figure, always about 45kbps.

This is EXACTLY what it was doing last week up here - still the fastest speeds I've attained - but HARDLY Class 10 worthy.

I will go to a Cingular store next and see if my phone is phunky - which I suppose is the only next logical step at this point for me - but I had to get curious openly and see if anyone thinks I should try tweaking my settings while i'm up here in Avila getting faster connect speeds and see if that starts to give some results.

Thanks for the help, all.

rancidbry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2005, 01:31 PM

I've had been trying to connect for about 2 weeks now. I've tried all the scripts and all the dialing combinations. My computer or cell phone consistently disconnects at the authentications stage. The most popular configuration is what I've been trying the most:

script: Sony Ericsson 3G CID5
Telephone Number: wap.cingular
Account Name: [email protected]
Password: CINGULAR1

I'm trying to connect through my S710a with my Powerbook G4 15" running Tiger. I used to connect through AT&T using my T616 no problem. For some reason the change in service and upgrade in phone caused some huge problems.
What do you think the authentication problem is? Did you get your configuration to work. If so, how? Thanks so much.

http://forums.macnn.com/newreply.php...ply&p=2662607#

Originally Posted by Jupeman
Not much:
"Aug 21 16:09:44 Powerbook ppd[838]: Connect script failed"

Should the Pbook automatically connect with the phone or to I have to establish a new connection each time (e.g., browse the device). I never see the Powerbook and Phone connect via Bluetooth when attempting to connect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

nationwide
Aug 28, 2005, 02:10 PM

i just want to back up the last reply, cingular doesn't offer a media package anymore with mms, text and media net. unless you are the ones like i am and i got the media package about 9 months ago that included unlimited media net, 1500 text msg and 250 mms(picture or video mgs). i was about to cancel the package i had until i started reading how you can use your phone as a wireless modem. right now i have a sony t616 but i plan on upgrading to a nokia 6682 or a 6230, my only problem is am trying to figure out which phone has better recieption and better download speeds. anyone with any info please feel to email me or send me a link to who has these download test. thanks

nationwide
Aug 28, 2005, 02:39 PM

Cingular's lineup of EDGE with Bluetooth® phones as of 6/20/2005:
  • Palm Treo 650 (Class 10)
  • Motorola V551 (Class 4)
  • Sony Ericsson s710a (Class 10)
  • Nokia 6620 (Class ??)
  • Nokia 6230 (Class 10)

The Motorola RAZR V3 isn't one of them, although future RAZRs and SLVRs will be.
Here a question i got about the nokia 6230, PC Magazine did a test on the nokia 6230 and claimed they got an average 160kbps download. i was so impress with this i almost gave up waiting for the nokia 6682 to be released the first of September. But i called nokia and they told me that the 6230 is not a class 10 but in fact it was a class 6 edge and class 10 gprs. Now this confused me even more because as i'm sure you know the 6682 will be a class 10 phone but when PC Magazine tested it they got only about 120kbps average. What gives? Even though the 6682 isn't out yet, some people have been lucky to already have one as evident the phones are already on ebay.I know these test were done using a PC but can anyone confirm or deny these reports. Feel free to email on this issue, thanks

nationwide
Aug 28, 2005, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by NewOldbie
I did a quick walkthrough of the local Cingular store this afternoon. Since I want an EDGE compatible phone I've been thinking about that list f1000 posted.

Of the 5, I'll most likely go with the Sony Ericsson s710 unless someone can point out a better phone. Would love to hear if there's any real advantage for a Class 10 over Class 4 (Motorola V551) phone.

The things we do for SPEED.
I not sure how accurate this is but from what i have read from various sources, nokia phones have a better reception than most sony phones, especially the nokia 6230 which can pick up signal good in weak areas and is also suppose to have the fasted download speeds to date(PC Magazine). i've been trying to get another comfirmation of these test but have been unlucky in doing so. i'll keep reading and keep you posted if i find any

toneloco28
Aug 28, 2005, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by rancidbry
I've had been trying to connect for about 2 weeks now. I've tried all the scripts and all the dialing combinations. My computer or cell phone consistently disconnects at the authentications stage. The most popular configuration is what I've been trying the most:

script: Sony Ericsson 3G CID5
Telephone Number: wap.cingular
Account Name: [email protected]

I'm trying to connect through my S710a with my Powerbook G4 15" running Tiger. I used to connect through AT&T using my T616 no problem. For some reason the change in service and upgrade in phone caused some huge problems.
What do you think the authentication problem is? Did you get your configuration to work. If so, how? Thanks so much.

Same phone, same powerbook, same OS..

Script: Sony Ericsson 3G CID1
Telephone Number: "EMPTY"
Account Name:[email protected]

Are you able to connect to your phone normally using bluetooth, with the ability to transfer pics, ringers,etc? If so, then there might be an issue with your internet settings. I would suggest going to Sony Ericsson's site, and getting the WAP settings for Cingular sent to your phone. I had an issue before with my iBook, due to I'm guessing some erroneous setting, and this cleared it up. If this doesn't help, and you've exhausted all other possibilities, you may just have a lemon of a phone. Hope you get it working

nationwide
Aug 28, 2005, 03:53 PM

I just ran a speed test from speakeasy.com using my sony T616, this phone only has GPRS, no EDGE and my results were 40kps download and 10kbps uploads, i haven't done any adjustments what so ever. i just used the bluetooth set up assistant and in 3 minutes i'm surfing. i don't know what class GPRS my T616 is but if anybody know feel free to let me know.

rancidbry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2005, 11:17 PM

What settings do you have on your T616? I have a S710a and a T616 both unlocked on Cingular and I can't get either of them to connect to the internet through my powerbook G4 15". These are my computer settings:

script: Sony Ericsson 3G CID 1
phone #: blank
login: [email protected]
password: CINGULAR1

This is like my 5th post on this forum in 2 weeks trying to get tethered. I used to do it no problem with my T616 through AT&T.
I have no problem syncing phone numbers and calendars and transferring files. Just the internet. The internet works fine on my phone, just not tethered. It disconnects at the authentication stage. I called Cingular (they don't support tethering, especially with a mac), I went to 2 apple stores and the Genuis bar was stumped, and I went to the sony ericsson web and had the GPRS settings set to my phone. NO LUCK.
IF ANYONE HAS ANY CREATIVE IDEAS FOR GETTING THIS INTERNET TO WORK, I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING! http://forums.macnn.com/newreply.php...ply&p=2671345#
I really like all the tweaking to achieve EDGE speeds. I will be doing that right away as soon as basic internet works at ANY speed.

Originally Posted by nationwide
I just ran a speed test from speakeasy.com using my sony T616, this phone only has GPRS, no EDGE and my results were 40kps download and 10kbps uploads, i haven't done any adjustments what so ever. i just used the bluetooth set up assistant and in 3 minutes i'm surfing. i don't know what class GPRS my T616 is but if anybody know feel free to let me know.

nationwide
Aug 29, 2005, 12:18 PM

I have done everything on this forum to try and connect. I have a mac powerbook G4 15" runnign Tiger. I'm tried using these settings
number: blank, *99***2#, wap.cingular
account name: [email protected]
script: Sony Ericsson 3G CID1

It connects fine, but as soon as it reaches the authentication stage the computer and phone dissconect. Any creative suggestions?
In your network settings for ppp options be sure that the "send ecko packs" is unchecked

nationwide
Aug 29, 2005, 12:47 PM

What settings do you have on your T616? I have a S710a and a T616 both unlocked on Cingular and I can't get either of them to connect to the internet through my powerbook G4 15". These are my computer settings:

script: Sony Ericsson 3G CID 1
phone #: blank
login: [email protected]

This is like my 5th post on this forum in 2 weeks trying to get tethered. I used to do it no problem with my T616 through AT&T.
I have no problem syncing phone numbers and calendars and transferring files. Just the internet. The internet works fine on my phone, just not tethered. It disconnects at the authentication stage. I called Cingular (they don't support tethering, especially with a mac), I went to 2 apple stores and the Genuis bar was stumped, and I went to the sony ericsson web and had the GPRS settings set to my phone. NO LUCK.
IF ANYONE HAS ANY CREATIVE IDEAS FOR GETTING THIS INTERNET TO WORK, I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING! http://forums.macnn.com/newreply.php...ply&p=2671345#
I really like all the tweaking to achieve EDGE speeds. I will be doing that right away as soon as basic internet works at ANY speed.
Check this out, here are my settings, i have a older G3 PB, and a new G5 PM, i called cingular and got the GPRS string from them which is *99***1#, which i put in for the dail up number, next for username put in [email protected] this is case sensitive so it has to be in all caps, for the password CINGULAR1 again it needs to be in all caps you will not be able to connect if it's not all caps, and for the dns, just look up the ip address in your phone settings and put it here, if you can't find it you can use 66.209.10.201 from ross barkman's home page. and for the modem script i just used sony ericsson infared script, my G5 is running tiger and my G3 is running panther and these are the setting i have on both computers. be sure to turn off, send ecko packs in the ppp options as this will cause your computer to disconnect after a few minutes. hope this was helpful let me know it this worked, good luck
I also forgot to mention that with these settings i'm using my T616 to connect with my computers via bluetooth
( Last edited by nationwide; Aug 29, 2005 at 12:57 PM. )

nationwide
Sep 5, 2005, 10:34 PM

just wondering how your nokia was working with your new ibook? i just purchased my ibook this weekend but i haven't gotten my 6230 as of yet. i went to the cingular store the other day and they discontinued the damn phone!!!! what a shame!!!!! oh well i'll be looking online to see who has the better prices for one. i thought about getting the 6230i but it works on the 900mhz instead of the 850mhz and at&t used the 850mhz in my area which cingular now uses. thanx

Originally Posted by Krusty
Yes, I know about the BT, I actually use it fairly often and I typically only get a full day's use out of my phone when I use BT (vs 3 or so if I don't). The power was actually out for what I'm estimating to be over an hour (battery backup should have lasted about 40 min and I was home without power for a good 30 before I got around to posting on MacNN ... I was doing my emailings, etc for the first bit and actually took a phone call too before coming here). The power came on literally as I was hitting 'Post Quick Reply'.

On a side note, I was able to test my phone again yesterday in a part of town with solid full-bar reception on my phone. 127k was the absolute maximum I was able to get (it was solidly in the 115k - 125k range for most of the short tests I performed on the mspeed site I linked above). This is on a Class 10 EDGE device. Must just be the limits of the network in this area. Still, I'm happy with it ... its essentially 2-3x dial-up speeds anywhere for about the same as a "premium" dial-up account.

One final note, I DID buy the new laptop last week (stock iBook 12" which includes 512mb, BT 2.0, Airport Extreme, and a Core Graphics capable GPU). I was looking at a refurb 12" PB but the new iBook came with with all the wireless tech I wanted built-in, so I jumped on that during my state's Tax Free Weekend (still took Apple 10 days to get it shipped to me). I have a desktop, so I really wasn't looking for a powerhouse laptop .. just something very portable that i didn't have to BTO to get what I wanted for less than $1k. For the first time in my life, I really needed a laptop ... I'm a Property Manager (ex-Winblows programmer as of 2002) and due to my tech-oriented past have become the default go-to-guy for setting up our weekly vacation rental properties with high-speed wireless (as individual property owners decide to add it). The roughly 560 properties we manage are spread out across 2 islands with about 25 miles between the east edge of one island and the west edge of the other. Each time I go to set up a new router/modem combo, I have no clue what to expect as far as hardware type and brand that the individual owner purchased nor am I even guaranteed that the service is actually up and running at all until I get there. Basically, our owners buy cable or DSL at their discretion, get whatever modem the service provider is sending at the time and then buy whatever wireless router they feel like. The possible combinations of setups is virtually endless and requires tailoring the setup to whatever they have and *trying* to standardize the settings so that they will be easily supported in the future (so guests can just power-cycle and have everything working when it comes back up). Previously, I had difficulty scheduling the company laptop, had to provide my own wireless card and was sunk if I got to the property 15 miles from the office and found that it didn't work for some reason, requiring me to drive miles back to the office, seek out proper settings online for the specific hardware in the property, print out what I *hoped* was comprehensive instructions for getting the service/modem/router humming along nicely together, reschedule the laptop at a time I could get back in the property, etc. I wasted a heck of a lot of time (mostly on properties I don't even manage directly) for some pretty stupid reasons and the company laptop was a total piece o' shite Dell from the Win98 era that literally took 7-8 minutes to boot (into XP) and would randomly quit working properly for some reason requiring me to spend more time troubleshooting the machine than the wireless setup (or at the very least, a lengthy reboot cycle to get it working again). It was my own private little hell since this is something that normally takes me 5 or 10 minutes to do when I have decent equipment and the ability to research on-the-fly.

There ... I've vented about why this whole tethering + iBook thing is such a freakin' godsend for me

adynaton
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2005, 10:01 PM

After spending over 1.5 hours with Apple Care, numerous calls with Cingular, a call to Sony and "yadda yadda yadda" I came across this thread this afternoon after doing a Google search. After following--to the letter (except for the RMAC stuff) what f1000 recommended I have now connected to the internet wirelessly using my S710a as a modem. You've gotten this non-techy so excited I'm coming back to spend some more time and do some optimizing.
Thanks a lot,

John.

iBook G4, 1.42
Mac OS X 10.4.2
Sony Ericcson S710a, 3G CID1

tangus999
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2005, 11:51 PM

go to dsl reports and use the tools for speed to see how fast of a connection you have

f1000 after optimizign the ross script form what you posted i stil only get 50 max down....i have never hit above 100....
my aim name is tangus999 pm me and i am able to try anythgin you say so that we can figure out why the 710 doesn't want to break 100

[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2005, 02:02 PM

Hey there...Running Tiger on my 12" PB with Cingular's MEdiaNet $19.99 plan on a V551.

Having the DANGEDEST time making sense of what I"m supposed to do with RMAC. I've downloaded and opened it, and I don't understand how to command it to make a startup script for me with your spec's. And although I'm comfortable in the Terminal, I don't know hwere to start to make the script any other way. I've read the entire thread and can only conclude that perhaps Tiger's different than Panther.

I've even installed BroadbandOptimizer.

Yet in the sysctl util I can't see a line for net.inet.tcp.slow.....anything. Plent of OTHER lines for TCP commands but NOT for slow connection or what have you.

I'm on iChat at [email protected] if you care to look me up! I'd like to get this resolved soon.

seemilesrun
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2005, 11:09 AM

Okay, so I've joined MacNN simply for this. I've tried everything I can to get my s710a to tether, just like everyone else I'm sure. It always seems to disconnect right at authentication. I tried the RMAC thing but that didn't help, also my phone will accept the BT connection from my G4 PB only some of the time, other times the PB simply states that no carrier has been detected. Can someone please help!!! Here are my stats:

Cingular w/ MediaNET Unlimited
SE s710a
12" PowerBook G4

stalkingtiger
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2005, 11:35 PM

I'm having the same problem as rancidbry, except w/ a Nokia 6682. Here's my ppp.log excerpt:

Tue Oct 4 20:22:02 2005 : Nokia 3G CID1
Tue Oct 4 20:22:04 2005 : Making network connection
Tue Oct 4 20:22:08 2005 : Serial connection established.
Tue Oct 4 20:22:08 2005 : Using interface ppp0
Tue Oct 4 20:22:08 2005 : Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem
Tue Oct 4 20:22:10 2005 : PAP authentication succeeded
Tue Oct 4 20:22:40 2005 : IPCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Tue Oct 4 20:22:41 2005 : Connection terminated.
Tue Oct 4 20:22:46 2005 : Serial link disconnected.

(over and over and over again)

In any case, I believe that I have everything configured correctly. Could it be a problem w/ the script? Btw, I've tried CID2 and it doesn't even connect to the phone.

EDIT:
I'm using a PowerBook G4 17".

tangus999
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 7, 2005, 08:44 PM

your setting are nto right.......check EVERYTHING AGAIN...i have a 710a and i can connect but my speeds are half ff waht others are getting on nokia and motorola's

it sounds like your ppp echo packet is not set right check that...alogn with everythgin else and set it to a "T" and it will work

rancidbry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 7, 2005, 09:32 PM

ppp echo packets are not turned on. how do you set it to a "T"? I need to get connected before I can tweak it and increase the speed. Why is it that the S710a is slower than the rest? I never had trouble connecting before. I dont' understand why its such a problem now. I think I'm going to offer a reward on craigslist boston if someone can come to my apartment and get my S710a to connect to the internet through my Powerbook. Its a valuable service and I need it to function properly for traveling.

nationwide
Mar 5, 2006, 01:14 PM

just a new update on this subject. i've upgraded my sony t616 to a nokia 6682 and my old powerbook g3 to a new ibook g4. i ran the speakeasy spead test and here are the results:

portland, tn 1:00am
208kps download spead at 26kps transfer rate and 42kps upload spead at 5.3kps transter rate

greensburg, in 1:00pm
80kps download spead at 10kps transfer rate and 28kps upload spead at 3.5kps transter rate

elgin, al 11:00am
193kps download spead at 24.1kps transfer rate and 48kps upload spead at 6kps transter rate.

i'm still using the simple setup i used the the sony t616, no adjustments or tweaking and i just use the nokia infrared as the modem through apple's bluetooth setup.

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2006, 03:17 AM

I just did what you told me to in the first post and it worked fantastically on my K750i with Cingular's MediaNET Pay As You Go Plan. But seeing how easily it works, I think I would be much more happy to use the unlimited data plan.

Just wish my K750i was EDGE-Ready. Question: will the new K790a/i be Edge Ready?

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2006, 03:21 AM

Looks like it will! That will DEFINITELY be my next phone...

Originally Posted by From Sony Ericsson K800/K790 3.2 MP Cyber-shot camera, 320x240 screen: My next phone (pix) Thread
K790i Tri Band EDGE 900/1800/1900 MHz for Europe, Asia Pacific, Americas
K790a Tri Band EDGE 850/1800/1900 MHz for Americas

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2006, 03:23 PM

I just called Cingular and upgraded my plan to include the $19.99/mo. MEdia Net Unlimited package. God their options are confusing, I don't know who's in charge over there but I would simplify these options:

MEdia Net Pay-As-You-Go - $0.01 / kB
MEdia Net 1 MB/Mo. - $4.99/mo.
MEdia Net 5 MB/Mo. - $9.99/mo.
MEdia Net 10 MB /Mo. - $14.99/mo.
MEdia Net Unlimited - $19.99/mo.
MEdia Basic - $9.99/mo. (Includes 200 Text Messages, 40 Multimedia Messages, 1 MB MEdia Net)
MEdia Works - $19.99/mo. (Includes 1000 Text Messages, Unlimited Multimedia Messages, 1 MB MEdia Net)
Laptop Connect 5 MB - $19.99/mo.
Laptop Connect 10 MB - $29.99/mo.
Laptop Connect 20 MB - $39.99/mo.
Laptop Connect 50 MB - $49.99/mo.
Laptop Connect Unlimited - Limited Time Only - $59.99/mo.
Laptop Connected Unlimited - $79.99/mo.
Data Connect for PDAs 5 MB - $19.99/mo.
Data Connect for PDAs 10 MB - $24.99/mo.
Data Connect for PDAs 20 MB - $34.99/mo.
Data Connect for PDAs Unlimited - $39.99/mo.

And all of those options don't even include the 20 different text/image/multimedia messaging options that you can tack on top of that, because Cingular doesn't include the KB in Picture Messaging in your MEdia Net/Laptop Connect/PDA Connect bundles. It's ridiculous, anyone that isn't a techie would have no idea what all that crap means and what they need/could do with it. And the people that can understand it, understand that you only need the $20.00 Unlimited MEdia Net to have your laptop/PDA/phone connect out to the internet if you have a Bluetooth Phone. <Norm MacDonald>Ridiculous...</Norm MacDonald>

nationwide
Mar 11, 2006, 12:56 PM

The media package cingular offered about a year ago is still the best. Strangely they don't offer it anymore, but i'll never change mine, i get for $19.99 unlimited media net, 1500 text, and 250 multimedia msg. I was about to give it up about 7 months ago which i didn't feel i was using the media net all that much until i got a bluetooth phone and started using it as a wireless modem. Cingular sends stuff in the mail and sends text msg all the time trying to get me to so call upgrade my media plan, FAT CHANCE!!!! and now i got my nokia 6682 with the download speeds it has, i know for sure i'll always keep my media plan!!! But keep in mind the unlimited plan is the way to go if you plan on using your phone as a wireless modem! Or if you have a smart phone that able to use browsers like opera instead of the media net browser. Opera allows you to go to website as if you are using internet explorer or safari on a computer(which uses more MB), not like the media net browser that can only surf sites that have been formatted for cell phones to view.

Originally Posted by iDriveX
I just called Cingular and upgraded my plan to include the $19.99/mo. MEdia Net Unlimited package. God their options are confusing, I don't know who's in charge over there but I would simplify these options:

MEdia Net Pay-As-You-Go - $0.01 / kB
MEdia Net 1 MB/Mo. - $4.99/mo.
MEdia Net 5 MB/Mo. - $9.99/mo.
MEdia Net 10 MB /Mo. - $14.99/mo.
MEdia Net Unlimited - $19.99/mo.
MEdia Basic - $9.99/mo. (Includes 200 Text Messages, 40 Multimedia Messages, 1 MB MEdia Net)
MEdia Works - $19.99/mo. (Includes 1000 Text Messages, Unlimited Multimedia Messages, 1 MB MEdia Net)
Laptop Connect 5 MB - $19.99/mo.
Laptop Connect 10 MB - $29.99/mo.
Laptop Connect 20 MB - $39.99/mo.
Laptop Connect 50 MB - $49.99/mo.
Laptop Connect Unlimited - Limited Time Only - $59.99/mo.
Laptop Connected Unlimited - $79.99/mo.
Data Connect for PDAs 5 MB - $19.99/mo.
Data Connect for PDAs 10 MB - $24.99/mo.
Data Connect for PDAs 20 MB - $34.99/mo.
Data Connect for PDAs Unlimited - $39.99/mo.

And all of those options don't even include the 20 different text/image/multimedia messaging options that you can tack on top of that, because Cingular doesn't include the KB in Picture Messaging in your MEdia Net/Laptop Connect/PDA Connect bundles. It's ridiculous, anyone that isn't a techie would have no idea what all that crap means and what they need/could do with it. And the people that can understand it, understand that you only need the $20.00 Unlimited MEdia Net to have your laptop/PDA/phone connect out to the internet if you have a Bluetooth Phone. <Norm MacDonald>Ridiculous...</Norm MacDonald>
( Last edited by nationwide; Mar 11, 2006 at 01:10 PM. )

kapkorn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2006, 05:52 PM

Has anyone gotten a crazy phone bill using this? Are you guys using this daily or just in an emergency?
Windows IT guy by day,
Mac\Linux user by night.

My FIRST Mac ever!
Macbook 2.0Ghz 100GB HDD 2GB RAM

f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 18, 2006, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by kapkorn
Has anyone gotten a crazy phone bill using this? Are you guys using this daily or just in an emergency?
I've been using Cingular EDGE for almost a year now and have never been charged more than the MediaNet unlimited package price. I use the service whenever I travel, and have found it to be available at all airports and along Amtrak's Northeast corridor (D.C. to Boston).

justinkim
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2006, 04:31 PM

I just got around to trying to set up Sony Ericsson S710a yesterday.

It worked just fine the first limited test I tried. Today I'm getting this:
Fri Jul 14 16:28:14 2006 : Sony Ericsson 3G CID1
Fri Jul 14 16:28:14 2006 : Making network connection
Fri Jul 14 16:28:20 2006 : Serial connection established.
Fri Jul 14 16:28:20 2006 : Using interface ppp0
Fri Jul 14 16:28:20 2006 : Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem
Fri Jul 14 16:28:24 2006 : Hangup (SIGHUP)
Fri Jul 14 16:28:24 2006 : Modem hangup
Fri Jul 14 16:28:24 2006 : Connection terminated.

Didn't change any settings between the first test and now.

When the connection problem first showed up, I re-paired my phone and computer and re-configured my bluetooth settings, but that didn't help any.

I can still connect to MediaNET through my phone's browser and it's showing an available GPRS signal.

Any suggestions?

justinkim
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2006, 04:48 PM

The log from my successful connection looked like this:
Thu Jul 13 14:42:45 2006 : Sony Ericsson 3G CID1
Thu Jul 13 14:42:46 2006 : Making network connection
Thu Jul 13 14:42:51 2006 : Serial connection established.
Thu Jul 13 14:42:51 2006 : Using interface ppp0
Thu Jul 13 14:42:51 2006 : Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem
Thu Jul 13 14:42:53 2006 : CHAP authentication succeeded: Congratulations!
Thu Jul 13 14:42:57 2006 : local IP address 10.194.55.122
Thu Jul 13 14:42:57 2006 : remote IP address 66.102.184.196
Thu Jul 13 14:42:57 2006 : primary DNS address 66.102.163.231
Thu Jul 13 14:42:57 2006 : secondary DNS address 66.102.163.232
Thu Jul 13 14:43:23 2006 : IPV6CP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Thu Jul 13 14:44:24 2006 : Hangup (SIGHUP)
Thu Jul 13 14:44:25 2006 : Connection terminated.
Thu Jul 13 14:44:25 2006 : Connect time 1.6 minutes.
Thu Jul 13 14:44:25 2006 : Sent 21158 bytes, received 147101 bytes.
Thu Jul 13 14:44:30 2006 : Serial link disconnected.

justinkim
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2006, 07:02 PM

Hmmnn... Seems to have been a somewhat extended network funny on my side. Things cleared up around 6:00. Sorry for the false alarm.

BTW, I seem to max out at 22.5k/sec down on my connection.

AppleOptionFour
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2006, 03:07 AM

WTF...All works great EXCEPT that i get dropped after about a minute.

Not sure what the deal is there.

Using: MacBook with a Nokia 6102i (Basically like the old 6102 with BT)

Any thoughts? Ill troubleshoot and report back.

This has to be one of the best threads on 'nn I've ever read.

Thanks.

AppleOptionFour
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2006, 01:18 PM

Seems if I use [email protected] as the account name as opposed to [email protected], it keeps me connected.

This time I self disconnected after 3 minutes.

The [email protected] account name came from this website.

http://dev.us.wdsglobal.com/us.cingular/

Lets you build a "custom" solution. I still use the EDGE modem script from taniwha.org.uk though.

EH

kapkorn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2006, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by AppleOptionFour
Seems if I use [email protected] as the account name as opposed to [email protected], it keeps me connected.

Lets you build a "custom" solution. I still use the EDGE modem script from taniwha.org.uk though.

EH

seem like something with your phone or the phone script, I have a Sony w600i and I used the settings in this thread and it works perfect.
Windows IT guy by day,
Mac\Linux user by night.

My FIRST Mac ever!
Macbook 2.0Ghz 100GB HDD 2GB RAM

cbrg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 3, 2006, 02:55 AM

So I am interested in doing this with my Treo. I have the settings done up to the point of using RMAC. I don't really understand what I am supposed to do to generate this script or how do do it. RMAC does not seem run on my MacBook Pro.

Any ideas? Can someone e-mail the script that I can drop into the StartUpItems folder in my Library folder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, has anything changed since 2003?
--------------------------------------------
Chris Edwards
http://www.bagreview.com

Reviews asnd ratings of laptop bags, backpack, and messenger bags with attention to the Powerbook, Powerbook G4, iBook, iBook Dual USB

cactusg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2006, 02:40 AM

OK. So I've literally been working on this for the past 6 hours or so with no luck. I followed all of the steps in this thread, read everything over twice, but cannot, for the life of me, get the RMAC startup script to run properly and change my slowlink_wzise settings.

In order to get RMAC to write the files properly, I had to change the permissions so I can read/write in that directory. This is all fine, except for when I restart, OSX gives me the option to ignore all of the items in the startup folder, thus not running the script, or fix the permissions. After fixing and restarting, running sysctl -a, the slowlink_wsize value is still the same. I tried deleting the RMAC folder, restarting, reinstalling it again, then change the permissions back to 'system' BEFORE rebooting so I don't get the ignore/fix message, and still no luck. It never changes.

I've got a Nokia 6682 tethered via BT, full signal, and I get speeds around 75/30, which I know isn't nearly the speeds this phone can acheive. Also, Powerbook G4 17". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by cactusg
I've got a Nokia 6682 tethered via BT, full signal, and I get speeds around 75/30, which I know isn't nearly the speeds this phone can acheive. Also, Powerbook G4 17". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know which version of OS X you are using, but if tethering is that important to you: backup your HD, do a clean OS install, and setup tethering first. As you reinstall each of your applications, see if any of them break your tethering settings. I'm not a Unix guru, so you might want to post a specific thread asking about changing preferences in the OS forum.

In any case, I suggest that you ditch your 6682 and replace it with an HSDPA phone. Why settle for ~200 kbps when you can have up to 1800 kbps?
( Last edited by f1000; Aug 24, 2006 at 12:16 PM. )

f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by AppleOptionFour

EH
Those solutions are for plain-old GPRS; they are not correct for unlimited EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA. Unless you're on a data plan, you must use WAP. With regards to your specific problem, you either have auto-disconnect on or are encountering network problems.

f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by cbrg
So I am interested in doing this with my Treo. I have the settings done up to the point of using RMAC. I don't really understand what I am supposed to do to generate this script or how do do it. RMAC does not seem run on my MacBook Pro.
I may be wrong, but Treo's are supposed to be connected via ISPDA, not WAP. ISPDA service is more expensive. Go to Howardsforum for Treo specific answers.

cactusg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2006, 01:37 PM

I don't know which version of OS X you are using, but if tethering is that important to you: backup your HD, do a clean OS install, and setup tethering first. As you reinstall each of your applications, see if any of them break your tethering settings. I'm not a Unix guru, so you might want to post a specific thread asking about changing preferences in the OS forum.

In any case, I suggest that you ditch your 6682 and replace it with an HSDPA phone. Why settle for ~200 kbps when you can have up to 1800 kbps?
I just got the 6682 from amazon for 1 cent, so that's not going anywhere I'm using 10.4.7. The phone is tethered just fine, the connection works, it's just slow. My issue is with the startup script not changing the appropriate values (see above). Do you really think doing a clean install will fix that? Seems a little extreme to me.

nationwide
Aug 27, 2006, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by cactusg
I just got the 6682 from amazon for 1 cent, so that's not going anywhere I'm using 10.4.7. The phone is tethered just fine, the connection works, it's just slow. My issue is with the startup script not changing the appropriate values (see above). Do you really think doing a clean install will fix that? Seems a little extreme to me.
I'm not having any problems with my nokia 6682, i first used it with an ibook g4, then i upgraded to a macbook pro and it works fine. i click connect and in about 3 seconds i'm online. i would try selecting the nokia infared modem instead of using any of the other modem scripts that you have added. this way you can check to see if you still have you problem. i use the nokia infared modem as my selected model and i have pretty fast download speeds for an edge phone without and adjustments or tethering, you can check my post on my download speeds. Although i do agree with f100 why settle for a gprs or edge connection when you can get a new 3g phone with faster speeds if they offer the network in your area. At this time there is no 3g networks in my area, but rest assured, as much as i love my 6682 it's gone as soon as the 3g network is available here and i'm upgrading to a nokia n73.

davidbaldwin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2006, 10:14 PM

Has anyone tried this procedure on the new LG CU500 or Samsung ZX20?
What Modem sript worked?
Did you achive 3G speeds?

I was interested in getting one of these phones since they are the only 3G phones that Cingular offers

Thank you,
-Baldwin
PS First time post.

f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by davidbaldwin
Has anyone tried this procedure on the new LG CU500 or Samsung ZX20?
What Modem sript worked?
Did you achive 3G speeds?

I was interested in getting one of these phones since they are the only 3G phones that Cingular offers

Thank you,
-Baldwin
PS First time post.
For the LG CU500, all the Mac-side settings remain the same except now you can check the "Use TCP header compression" option and you must use the "Generic 3G CID1" modem script.

I'm getting close to 600 kbps on a 12" PB, revB with Bluetooth 1.2, OS 10.3.9, and 2-3 bars of signal...that is, when MEdiaNet is actually working. The network was down for roughly two weeks, although things seem to have gotten back to normal since Monday.

nationwide
Aug 31, 2006, 10:36 AM

For the LG CU500, all the Mac-side settings remain the same except now you can check the "Use TCP header compression" option and you must use the "Generic 3G CID1" modem script.

I'm getting close to 600 kbps on a 12" PB, revB with Bluetooth 1.2, OS 10.3.9, and 2-3 bars of signal...that is, when MEdiaNet is actually working. The network was down for roughly two weeks, although things seem to have gotten back to normal since Monday.

Wow i didn't know that the Lg phones where getting that kinda speed of 600kbps. did you do any tethering to your settings to get these speeds? although i've just started doing research on the new 3g phones all the phones i've seen so far are rated up to 384kbps, only the network cards i've seen have faster speeds. plus does the lg phone have the dual mode where you can talk and surf the web at the same time, where as phones now are voice priority 1st and data 2nd. which means if you are online and you recieve a call, your internet connection is put on hold until your call has finished. i've never been a fan of lg phones but if it has dual mode and you can get speeds close to 600kbps i may have a new best phone. i've always been a fan of nokias because they seem to have faster download speeds and reading some of these posts here and reviews from online mags, that seems to be somewhat true. plus nokias have dual mode and they are also bluetooth ver 2.0. the only thing i don't like about the lg cu500 is that it's still has bluetooth version 1.2 which i'm sure you know has a slower transfer rate than the 2.0 bluetooth phones. and since my macbook pro has bluetooth 2.0 i would like a phone that has 2.0 for max transfer speeds. i've test devices with my laptop and ver 1.2 has about a 35kbps transfer rate as a 2.0 device has about 103kbps transfer rate. it's still not the claimed 3mbps transfer rate but still 3 times faster than ver1.2. since i'm in a area that doesn't have the 3g networks yet i don't know anybody to check if there would be a difference in having a ver 1.2 or 2.0 bluetooth 3g phone. if you know anyone that has one, let me know what kinda transfer speeds they are getting between computer and phone. i'm still thinking about getting a 3g phone off ebay since i do travel and i could take advantage of the 3g networks when i'm in those major cities that have them
( Last edited by nationwide; Aug 31, 2006 at 10:55 AM. )

f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2006, 09:34 PM

The LG CU500 is a 3.5G phone (i.e., an HSDPA phone). Its theoretical max download rate is 1.8 Mbps, which people have reported achieving via USB. I had to retweak my OS settings in order to get the ~600 kbps speeds via BT 1.2, but I think I'll eventually spring for a USB cable as well in order to get max speeds. FYI, Moto will introduce a RAZR next year that can do BT 2.0 and 3.6 Mbps.

The LG phone itself isn't bad, but its UI isn't anything to brag about. It's got too many annoying quirks to be user friendly. Still, it's awesome to browse maps using Google Maps Mobile at 1.8 Mbps, or to watch streaming television clips of Jay Leno or Jon Stewart while waiting at an airport. The phone also has a decent MP3 player and pivoting camera to boot.

I'll eventually post an updated thread explaining how to tether a PowerBook to an LG CU500 via Bluetooth.

davidbaldwin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 04:49 PM

Hmmm...

I found this in Cingular's Terms of Service:
Furthermore, unlimited plans (except for DataConnect and Blackberry Tethered) cannot be used for any applications that tether the device (through use of, including without limitation, connection kits, other phone/PDA-to-computer accessories, Bluetooth® or any other wireless technology) to laptops, PCs, or other equipment for any purpose. Service is not intended to provide full-time connections, and the Service may be discontinued after a significant period of inactivity or after sessions of excessive usage. Cingular reserves the right to (i) limit throughput or amount of data transferred, deny Service and/or terminate Service, without notice, to anyone it believes is using the Service in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts its network or service levels and (ii) protect its network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. You may not send solicitations to Cingular subscribers without their consent. You may not use the Services other than as intended by Cingular and applicable law. Plans are for individual, non-commercial use only and are not for resale.

Anyone else exprenice a lack of bandwith, loss of connection, and/or termination of service?

-Baldwin

nationwide
Sep 2, 2006, 11:43 AM

The LG CU500 is a 3.5G phone (i.e., an HSDPA phone). Its theoretical max download rate is 1.8 Mbps, which people have reported achieving via USB. I had to retweak my OS settings in order to get the ~600 kbps speeds via BT 1.2, but I think I'll eventually spring for a USB cable as well in order to get max speeds. FYI, Moto will introduce a RAZR next year that can do BT 2.0 and 3.6 Mbps.

The LG phone itself isn't bad, but its UI isn't anything to brag about. It's got too many annoying quirks to be user friendly. Still, it's awesome to browse maps using Google Maps Mobile at 1.8 Mbps, or to watch streaming television clips of Jay Leno or Jon Stewart while waiting at an airport. The phone also has a decent MP3 player and pivoting camera to boot.

I'll eventually post an updated thread explaining how to tether a PowerBook to an LG CU500 via Bluetooth.
Thanks for the info, well noted. i guess i'll focus my efforts on purchasing a 3.5G phone. If you are interested in keeping up with the lastest phone news and releases, i found a useful site www.phonescoop.com they have all the lastest info of what goes on in the phone industry from press releases to updates to phone releases for public sale. I look forward to hearing your next thread, altough i haven't started tethering any settings yet since i've been achieving fast speeds on the edge networks without any tethering, i look forward to learning how. I've seen the new 3G razr but haven't read on it yet, if it's a 3.5G phone i'll be looking to try to purchase one. Keep up the good work.

nationwide
Sep 2, 2006, 01:08 PM

i'll do some research on the hsdpa phones, thanks
( Last edited by nationwide; Sep 3, 2006 at 02:42 PM. )

nationwide
Sep 2, 2006, 01:10 PM

THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!! after reading your thread, i now see the difference between umts and hsdpa phones, i was looking to purchase the nokia n73, but it is only umts and not hsdpa. so as much as i love the nokia i'll have to pass and after reading a press release on phonescoop nokia and cingular are have confusions about the specs on the phones and that although cingular will release new nokia phones as well as sony ericsson and others, none will havd the hsdpa feature. so my focus is now on samsung and lg and moto, as they already have and are releasing hsdpa phones. again keep up the good work

ericgibson74
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 11, 2006, 09:12 PM

I have been successfully using an Intel MacBook Pro with a Cingular LG CU500 (using bluetooth) and a Cingular data connect plan to connect to the internet. I followed Cingular's directions from their support web site, but it required typing a modem init string every time I connected. The directions involved using the null modem 115200 script, so I simply modified that script, added the commands that I was typing every time to connect, changed to connect rate in the script and saved it as "LC CU500". It worked and a few speed tests have given me download speeds of 418-579kbps and upload of 135-141kbps (in the Dallas, TX area). Here is my modified modem script (save as a text file named LG CU500 in folder /Library/Modem Scripts):

! LG CU500 MODEM SCRIPT
!
!

@ORIGINATE
@ANSWER
serreset 1843200, 0, 8, 1
write "at+cgdcont=1,\34IP\34,\34isp.cingular\34\13"
write "atdt*99#\13"
@HANGUP
exit 0

and here are the directions to setup the LG CU500 with Mac OS X:

Setting up the handset
On the handset, press the Menu button.
Scroll to Settings and press OK.
Scroll to Bluetooth and press OK.
Scroll to Bluetooth On/Off and press OK.
Scroll to On and press Set.
Scroll to Bluetooth Settings and press OK.
Scroll to My visibility and press OK.
Scroll to Show and press Set.
Return to the Settings menu, scroll to Connection and press OK.
Scroll to Dial Up Networking and press OK.
Scroll to Bluetooth and press Set.

Setting up the connection
On the Mac, click on the Apple menu, and then click on System Preferences.
Click on the Bluetooth icon.
Click on the Settings tab.
Ensure the Bluetooth Power is On.
Ensure that Discoverable is checked.
Click on the Devices tab, and then click on Set Up New Device.
Once the Bluetooth Setup Assistant window opens, click on Continue.
Tick to select Mobile Phone, and click on Continue.
Once the search is complete, click once on the name for the handset and then click on Continue.
On the phone, type the 6 digit passkey displayed on the Mac and press ok.
On the Mac, check Access the Internet with your phone's data connection and then click on Continue.
Click on Continue again.
Click on Quit.
Return to the System Preferences screen, and click on Network.
From the Location drop down menu, click on New Location.
Type CNG GPRS for the new location name, and then click on OK.
From the Show drop down menu, click to select Bluetooth.
From the Configure IPv4 drop down menu, click to select Using PPP.
Click on the PPP tab.
In the Account Name field, type [email protected]
In the Password field, type CINGULAR1
Type *99# for the Telephone Number.
Click on PPP Options.
Uncheck Send PPP Echo Packets.
Check Use TCP header compression.
( Cingular's instructions read "Check Connect using a terminal window, and click on OK." but if you use my modem script, 'Connect using a terminal window' should be unchecked )
Click on the Bluetooth Modem tab.
From the Modem drop down menu, click to select LG CU500
( Cingular's instructions use Null Modem 115200 )
Uncheck Enable error correction and compression in modem.
Uncheck Wait for dial tone before dialing.
Click on Apply Now.
Click on System Preferences, and then click on Quit System Preferences

Making the connection
From here, Cingular's instruction didn't quite work, but using my modem script, you can just open internet connect, select bluetooth, and click connect, and you should get connected, but here is cingular's instructions:
On the mac, click on the Phone/Modem icon, and click to select Bluetooth.
Click on the Phone/Modem icon, and click on Connect.
Once the Terminal window opens, type
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.cingular", and press the return/enter key.
Once OK appears, type atdt*99# and press the return/enter key.
Once CONNECT appears, then click on Continue.
You will now be connected to the Cingular GPRS service

Good Luck!

nationwide
Sep 19, 2006, 01:24 PM

i was wondering if anybody is using windows mobile smartphone as a wireless modem. I was considering buying a HTC 3.5G smartphone which runs windows mobile 5.0. if anyone is using a windows mobile smartphone how does it interface with the mac os via bluetooth? simple to set up? and which modem scripts were used?

Forum Links
Forum Rules