Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Using the Lord's name in vain.

Using the Lord's name in vain.
Bluebomber21XX
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2004, 09:52 PM

I am getting rather tired of seeing people around here throw out terms like, "g damn", "Jesus", "Jesus Christ" and the like when they are talking to/about someone. It's really offensive, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Rather than start another religious thread, let me just ask this: can you all just think about what you're saying before you type it? Does it *really* need to be said? If you believe in God, you shouldn't be saying it, and if you don't you shouldn't be either. It's not like it would add any seriousness to what you're saying, seeing as how you don't place any faith behind His name anyway.

Myself and others here would appreciate it.
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2004, 09:54 PM

And thus the Lord spake: DELETED!
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 22, 2004, 09:56 PM

It's funny that not only was his post asinine to begin with, but it was also in the wrong forum and it was a double post. It's the triple whammy.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 22, 2004, 09:59 PM

I'm not religious, but I'd like to think that Jesus would laugh at this thread.

ender2002
Senior User
Jul 22, 2004, 10:00 PM

Jesus was way cool
Everybody liked Jesus
Everybody wanted to hang out with him
Anything he wanted to do, he did
He turned water into wine
And if he wanted to
He could have turned wheat into marijuana
Or sugar into cocaine
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines

He walked on the water
And swam on the land
He would tell these stories
And people would listen
He was really cool

If you were blind or lame
You just went to Jesus
And he would put his hands on you
And you would be healed
That's so cool

He could've played guitar better than Hendrix
He could've told the future
He could've baked the most delicious cake in the world
He could've scored more goals than Wayne Gretzky
He could've danced better than Barishnikov
Jesus could have been funnier than any comedian you can think of
Jesus was way cool

He told people to eat his body and drink his blood
That's so cool
Jesus was so cool
But then some people got jealous of how cool he was
So they killed him
But then he rose from the dead
He rose from the dead, danced around
Then went up to heaven
I mean, that's so cool
Jesus was way cool

No wonder there are so many Christians

... yeah

Bluebomber21XX  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2004, 10:10 PM

Hey, this should be in the Lounge. I don't know why it posted here, I didn't even visit this part of the forums.
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Jul 22, 2004, 10:18 PM

Amen.

lngtones
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2004, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by Bluebomber21XX:
Hey, this should be in the Lounge. I don't know why it posted here, I didn't even visit this part of the forums.
Who cares about all that computer stuff anyways, aren't these the Holy Rollers Forums?

Tenacious Dyl
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2004, 10:38 PM

If you are offended then reconsider your life and your systems. Or leave.

It is one thing in a room full of democrats to make a very pro republican statement.

It is another thing entirely to be in a room full of democrats and consider yourself offended because you are republican and demand they stop being democrats and talking like they are.

Get my drift?

I have a class with a mormon girl. ONE mormon girl in over 120 people. At first we try to be polite... to be very poilitically correct, right?

After a few weeks of this it got old. She lived in a world VERY different than our own. Correct or incorrect is completely invalid. She tried to curb over 120 people to speak and act in a way that made her happy... you cannot do this.

So... in short I mean no offense. I just hope that if when one person says "oh damn" you realize that they don't mean it to the extent that you would mean it if you said it. Lighten up. It helps

Best Wishes
yep.

nforcer
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2004, 10:49 PM

There's a reason we have the ignore list. Last I counted I had about 80 some people on mine.

hudson1
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 22, 2004, 11:08 PM

I agree with Bluebomber and would appreciate it if posters would take his request seriously. It seems that people who are offended for other reasons are usually accomodated when they express that they found some posts offensive.

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2004, 11:15 PM

What would Jesus do in this thread? hmmmm...

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2004, 11:36 PM

Originally posted by Tyler McAdams:
What would Jesus do in this thread? hmmmm...
Jesus Christ! He'd lock the Goddamn thing!
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2004, 11:39 PM

Originally posted by Rev-O:
Jesus Christ! He'd lock the Goddamn thing!
Well in that case, Jesus is just alright with me! Jesus is just alright... oh yeah!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 22, 2004, 11:49 PM

Bluebomber: Loosen up. Why does it bother you what other people do? According to your beliefs the concern would be if you took you god's name in vain. Don't worry about it if others do ... they won't be dragging you down to your hell with them. On "god dammit", it's a bit arrogant to assume that someone is referring to your god when they utter the phrase.

Everyone else: Give it a break. He does have a point (to a degree). If you believe in his god, you shouldn't be using it's name as a curse. If you don't believe in his god, there is no reason to do so either.

echosphere
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 22, 2004, 11:55 PM

Hey, I, as many of you, may not believe in Christianity - and do not agree with it, but this post has shown an ugly side of people that I did not know existed here. This is unfortunate.
I'm from the government and I'm here to help

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 12:26 AM

You did not know existed? WElCOME... then, to my world. It's ugly... always.

chris_h
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 12:36 AM

I pray thee, my GOD, to suffer these blasphemous fools to DAMNation.

Anyway, I'll quit using phrases such as goddamn, jesus f*ck, holy f*cking christ on a tampon, sh*teating jesus-brick, and so on... on the condition that everyone quits talking about god all together.

xenu is cool though... go go scientology!

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 12:39 AM

it's a bit arrogant to assume that someone is referring to your god when they utter the phrase.
Allahdamnit! Feel better now?

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 02:07 AM

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

akuma-x
Forum Regular
Jul 23, 2004, 02:20 AM

You better stop using a Mac or you are going to hell!

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:h...nda.html&hl=en

"Apple Macintosh:

Hypnotically encased iMacs trick unsuspecting computer users into accepting Darwinism
However, these propagandists aren't just targeting the young. Take for example Apple Computers, makers of the popular Macintosh line of computers. The real operating system hiding under the newest version of the Macintosh operating system (MacOS X) is called... Darwin! That's right, new Macs are based on Darwinism! While they currently don't advertise this fact to consumers, it is well known among the computer elite, who are mostly Atheists and Pagans. Furthermore, the Darwin OS is released under an "Open Source" license, which is just another name for Communism. They try to hide all of this under a facade of shiny, "lickable" buttons, but the truth has finally come out: Apple Computers promote Godless Darwinism and Communism.

But is this really such a shock? Lets look for a moment at Apple Computers. Founded by long haired hippies, this company has consistently supported 60's counter-cultural "values"2. But there are even darker undertones to this company than most are aware of. Consider the name of the company and its logo: an apple with a bite taken out of it. This is clearly a reference to the Fall, when Adam and Eve were tempted with an apple3 by the serpent. It is now Apple Computers offering us temptation, thereby aligning themselves with the forces of darkness4.

This company is well known for its cult-like following. It isn't much of a stretch to say that it is a cult. Consider co-founder and leader Steve Jobs' constant exhortation through advertising (i.e. mind control) that its followers should "think different". We have to ask ourselves: "think different than whom or what?" The disturbing answer is that they want us to think different than our Christian upbringing, to reject all the values that we have been taught and to heed not the message of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Given the now obvious anti-Christian and cultish nature of Apple Computers, is it any wonder that they have decided to base their newest operating system on Darwinism? This just reaffirms the position that Darwinism is an inherently anti-Christian philosophy spread through propaganda and subliminal trickery, not a science as its brainwashed followers would have us believe."

"A Satanic, unevolvable chimera compels you to submit to Darwinism!
ADDENDUM: It has been brought to my attention that the Darwin OS mentioned above now has a cartoon mascot (no doubt to influence children) named Hexley (pictured above) -- a platypus dressed as a devil who performs occult magic, i.e. hexes. They're not doing a very good job keeping their ties to the forces of darkness a secret, are they?

ADDENDUM II (4/20/2002): A reader has also brought to my attention that the aforementioned Atheist and anti-Christian Evolutionist Richard Dawkins [ADDENDUM (7/27/2003): I have since added a special page on Dr. Dawkins and his activities] -- who likes to compare religion to a virus -- has used Apple's Macintosh computers since they were introduced. In fact, his infamous anti-Creation polemic The Blind Watchmaker relied heavily on an argument based on software that he wrote using a Mac. He purported to have proved Evolutionism by making his Macintosh draw little squiggles -- or "biomorphs" as he called them -- that changed over "generations". (This of course begs the question: if it took a created machine running created software to make these squiggles, how then does that refute Creation?)

Illustration of Macintosh generated "biomorphs" from The Blind Watchmaker. Here Dawkins shows us how to turn a cross into a swastika using Evolutionism.
While I initially suspected that the Apple connection here was mere coincidence, I dug deeper into the issue -- luckily, we at Fellowship Baptist have an extensive research library that also includes a representative collection of anti-Christian hate literature which we use for just this sort of investigation -- and was shocked at what I found. In the 1996 edition of his book, Dawkins includes two appendices detailing his little program. The first (included in the original 1986 edition) is entitled "Blind Watchmaker: An Application for the Apple Macintosh Computer". The first illustration on the same page as the title shows a Mac window (similar to the Explorer windows seen in Microsoft's OS) and the rest of the appendix includes many screen shots from a Mac, a number of them even featuring the bitten apple logo. It gets even more perverse in the second appendix (added material from 1991) entitled "Computer Programs and 'the Evolution of Evolvability'" (infinite recursion like this is a sure sign of a flaw in a theory). Here he shows how he "evolved" the "inspired artefact with which all this work was done"... the word "Macintosh"!

Illustration from the 1996 edition of The Blind Watchmaker.
At the end of the appendix he even encourages the reader to switch from IBM compatible computers to Macintoshes, saying that "you can exult in something of the feeling of liberation that may have attended evolution's great watershed events." What a ringing endorsement for Apple computers that is!

As you can see, The problem is much worse than we had originally thought as Apple has been aiding and abetting ardent Evolutionists like Dawkins since at least the mid 1980's.

ADDENDUM III (4/20/2002): Another reader (it has been busy today!) has informed me of another link between Apple and the forces of darkness that my initial research missed. Apparently the Darwin OS is not the original creation of Apple Computers but is instead based off of an older, obsolete OS called "BSD Unix". The child-indoctrinatingly-cute cartoon mascot of this OS is a devil holding a pitchfork (pictured right). This OS -- and its Darwin offspring -- extensively use what are called "daemons" (which is how Pagans write "demon" -- they are notoriously poor spellers: magick, vampyre, etc.) which is a program that hides in the background, doing things without the user's notice. If you are using a new Macintosh running OS X then you probably have these "daemons" on your computer, hardly something a good Christian would want! This clearly illustrates that not only is Macintosh based on Darwinism, but Darwinism is based on Satanism.

ADDENDUM IV (4/21/2002): Apparently anti-Christian zealots -- as well as shocked Christians who have unwittingly become Mac owners -- are linking to this article, which explains the large number of emails we have received on this topic. More clues have come in showing the dark nature of Apple Computers. According to one of our readers, the new MacOS X contains another Satanic holdover from the "BSD Unix" OS mentioned above; to open up certain locked files one has to run a program much like the DOS prompt in Microsoft Windows and type in a secret code: "chmod 666". What other horrors lurk in this thing?

ADDENDUM V (4/29/2002): It appears we have entered a terrible new phase in the Evolutionism propaganda campaign that Apple Computers has been waging. Apple has just announced the "eMac", a Macintosh computer designed specifically to smuggle Darwinism into our schools! According to their propagandistic sloganeering, the "e" in "eMac" ostensibly stands for "education", although it should be obvious to readers by now that it's really a cryptic tipping of the hat to their true agenda: "Evolutionism". However, this isn't the only thing hiding behind this choice of moniker; according to my research, the name eMac is also a referrence to "Emacs", a program that is a standard-bearer for the Communistic Open Source movement mentioned above and whose mascot is some sort of effeminate-looking, horned devil-man. Is there no end to this tangled web of evil?

"Daemon" Wright witnesses for evil.
ADDENDUM VI (8/29/2002): I feel it is necessary to report here -- especially since this page continues to be referenced by those concerned about anti-Christian propaganda -- that Apple Computers' desire to convert people to the religion of Evolutionism has become more overt in recent months with their "Switch" campaign. This advertising blitz uses what they insist are "normal" people (although I wouldn't call a beatnik writer or a rambling, dazed teen5 normal people, but I guess this is Apple's hippy roots resurfacing,) to try and convince people to Switch from being decent Christians to crypto-Evolutionists in some sort of bizarre perversion of Christian Witnessing. (I personally have not seen any of these ads on the TV, but perhaps that is because the good folks at the PAX Network have made the wise decision to not air this cultural filth. The ads can, however, be viewed in all their propagandistic glory on the Apple website for you students of cultic mind-control.) Although called "Switch", this campaign is actually "Bait and Switch", luring the average, unsuspecting person with the false promise of "compatibility" (both with normal computers and Christianity) only to later foist acceptance of Evolutionism and anti-Christian values on them via the techniques discussed above.

One additional technique that I have noticed while perusing their new literature is the common cult tactic of indoctrination through a special insider language. This technique linguistically isolates new recruits from the outside world, forcing them to become more dependent on their cult handlers6. For instance, an industry standard connection for peripherals is idiosyncratically retermed "FireWire" (or should we just be honest and call it "HellFireWire"?) while the familiar Recycle Bin is given its new cult name of "Trash Can". Any "Switcher" trying to purchase equipment for their new computer or get assistance will be forced by this linguistic ghettoization into dealing with the only people that can understand the strange argot: brainwashed Macintosh users. It is then that the process of unbuilding the "Mac Newbie" and reshaping him or her into an Evolutionist begins.

Footnotes:

� The Selfish Gene. He called this method of subliminal propaganda "memetics".

� See Free Love and Selling Macs from the secular magazine Wired for an example of the "Macintosh Lifestyle".

� Actually, most Bible scholars think that it was more likely a fig that the serpent tempted Eve with, but popular culture holds that it was an apple and it is this popular culture that the forces of Satan are trying to sway. [ADDENDUM (9/17/2002): Also see Texe Marrs' 1997 article "Devil Companies, Devil Products, Devil Logos?" for more on Apple's logo.]

� The first personal computer sold by Apple was priced by Steve Jobs and his hippy friend Steve Wozniak at $666. Need we say more? [ADDENDUM (4/21/2002): Some readers have been asking for evidence of this. Here is an image of an ad showing the price from the October 1976 issue of Interface Age magazine.] In recent years they have tried to distant themselves from their more militantly anti-Christian past, however it is clear that this is a public relations move, not a change of heart.

� ADDENDUM (7/17/2003): I have been informed that the teenage girl in the "Switch" commercial was not on drugs at the time, as I had previously suggested. Apparently, her incoherent rambling was the result of something called a "reality distortion field" -- which, I'm assuming, is some sort of strong magnetic field generated by a device (similar to the one I reported on here,) that Apple Computers developed to assist in their mind control. My apologies to her and her family.

� For an extreme example of indoctrinatrion via linguistic isolation look no further than that other Evolutionism-based cult, Scientology."

SafariX
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 02:23 AM

God dammit, these pretzels are making me thirsty.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 02:28 AM

(In regard to akuma-x's comment)
I guess I'll be seeing everyone here in hell then.

Appleman
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 02:39 AM

Just imagine you would read a Windows Forum, that must be really filled with these words...

akuma-x
Forum Regular
Jul 23, 2004, 02:45 AM

Originally posted by demograph68:
(In regard to akuma-x's comment)
I guess I'll be seeing everyone here in hell then.
LOL, yeah we are all going to hell in a hand-basket. God dammit.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 23, 2004, 02:47 AM

Originally posted by echosphere:
Hey, I, as many of you, may not believe in Christianity - and do not agree with it, but this post has shown an ugly side of people that I did not know existed here. This is unfortunate.
You didn't know that people tend to be unfriendly towards those who make off-topic posts taking a holier-than-thou attitude and trying to tell them how they can and can't talk? I probably ought to warn you, it would also be unwise to try kicking somebody in the shins or telling him you just had your way with his mother.

Yes, it's funny how people have ugly reactions to some things.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 03:39 AM

Originally posted by Chuckit:
You didn't know that people tend to be unfriendly towards those who make off-topic posts taking a holier-than-thou attitude and trying to tell them how they can and can't talk? I probably ought to warn you, it would also be unwise to try kicking somebody in the shins or telling him you just had your way with his mother.

Yes, it's funny how people have ugly reactions to some things.
Christ on a stick! You hit it right on the gawn dang button pardner.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 04:18 AM

Wrong forum - And just for the record - I don't care.

Christ, the god squad are preachy!

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 04:22 AM

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 05:25 AM

Mindfad, does the asian characters mean the same as the others?

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 05:28 AM

I wonder what he thinks of Hexley the darwin mascot... Tool of Satan?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 05:29 AM

Roughly, yeah. I've been informed it's a pretty bad translation, but you can blame Sherlock for that. I hear the French and German ain't that good, either.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Jul 23, 2004, 05:33 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Roughly, yeah. I've been informed it's a pretty bad translation, but you can blame Sherlock for that. I hear the French and German ain't that good, either.
you bwoke Sherlock?
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 05:36 AM

That's japanese... which uses Kanji (borrowed from China), Katakana (which is in the middle of the 1st line... the simplest characters that says "internet" ...used for borrowed words) and hiragana which is basic Japanese learned in early grade school in Japan.

xenu
Senior User
Jul 23, 2004, 05:44 AM

God damn that's funny.

Jebus f'ing christ, I knew someone at uni who always "tsk tsked" when ever someone said "jesus" or "f'ing christ". Didn't stop anyone.

Christ almighty, some people need to grow up.

P.s. chris_h, thanks. Can I have all your money now?
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 05:53 AM

Originally posted by philzilla:
you bwoke Sherlock?
It has been acting up lately, not loading modules and such, so I probably did break the damn thing.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 06:00 AM

This thread should be Christinated!

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 06:03 AM

This thread should be crucified!
Corrected!

pliny
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 07:17 AM

oh there's two of these

+1
i look in your general direction

qnxde
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2004, 07:51 AM

paging Zimphire...

You can't eat all those hamburgers, you hear me you ridiculous man?

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 23, 2004, 08:04 AM

Where are the satanists when you need them?
weird wabbit

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 23, 2004, 08:19 AM

Why in the world is this thread not locked yet?

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 08:29 AM

Not locked but moved? WTF?

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 08:36 AM

Oh My Fu<king God...oops..sorry

Chris O'Brien
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2004, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by akuma-x:
� ADDENDUM (7/17/2003): I have been informed that the teenage girl in the "Switch" commercial was not on drugs at the time, as I had previously suggested. Apparently, her incoherent rambling was the result of something called a "reality distortion field" -- which, I'm assuming, is some sort of strong magnetic field generated by a device (similar to the one I reported on here,) that Apple Computers developed to assist in their mind control. My apologies to her and her family.
Ahahahahaha! That is probably the funniest thing I've ever read - and the whole quote is hilarious!

I honestly can't believe there are people in the world like that.
Just who are Britain? What do they? Who is them? And why?

Formerly Black Book

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 08:43 AM

Goded!

dreilly1
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 08:45 AM

Originally posted by Bluebomber21XX:
let me just ask this: can you all just think about what you're saying before you type it? Does it *really* need to be said?
You must be new here...

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 08:46 AM

Worst. Lyrics. Ever.

Remembering me, discover and see,
All over the world, she's known as a girl,
To those who are free, their minds shall be keep,
Forgotten as the past, 'cause history will last.

God is a girl, wherever you are,
Do you believe it, can you receive it,
God is a girl, whatever you say,
God is a girl, however you live,
God is a girl, she's only a girl,
Do you believe it, can you receive it?

She wants to shine, forever in time,
She is so driven, she's always mine,
Clearly and free, she wanted to be,
A part of the future, a girl like me,
There is a sky, eliminating us,
Someone is out there, that we truly trust,
There is a rainbow, for you and me,
A beautiful sunrise, eternally.

God is a girl, wherever you are,
God is a girl, whatever you say,
God is a girl, however you live,
God is a girl, she's only a girl,
Do you believe it, can you receive it?

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 08:48 AM

All I said was "This piece of hallibur is good enough for Jehova!"

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 23, 2004, 08:49 AM

"I AM THE LORD THY GOD THOU SHALT NOT HAVE STRANGE GODS BEFORE ME

THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN

THOU SHALT KEEP HOLY THE SABBATH

Right off the bat the first three are pure bullsh!t. Sabbath day? Lord's name? strange gods? Spooky language! Designed to scare and control primitive people. In no way does superstitious nonsense like this apply to the lives of intelligent civilized humans in the 21st century."- George Carlin
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Forum Links
Forum Rules