Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Beer Taps

Beer Taps
ObiWan Flanders
Forum Regular
Apr 22, 2003, 08:25 PM

So my dad just bought a new restaurant, complete with brewery, and the first batch of beer is done in a couple of days. Anyway, my dad needs the design for the taps pronto and basically told me to do it. So I thought to myself 'where better to go for input?' and posted here. He wants the tap to say " Ripthorn" (company name), "thunderbolt" (name of the beer) followed by "pale ale" or "amber ale" or what have you and "brewed in idaho" at the bottom...Anyway, just lookin for a couple suggestions on how to go about this as everything ive tried to make is just flat ugly. maybe ill post something that wont embarass me too much due to my lack of "skilz" later but im just lookin for design ideas/suggestions for now...thanks for any input

talisker
Mac Elite
Apr 22, 2003, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by ObiWan Flanders:
So my dad just bought a new restaurant, complete with brewery, and the first batch of beer is done in a couple of days. Anyway, my dad needs the design for the taps pronto and basically told me to do it. So I thought to myself 'where better to go for input?' and posted here. He wants the tap to say " Ripthorn" (company name), "thunderbolt" (name of the beer) followed by "pale ale" or "amber ale" or what have you and "brewed in idaho" at the bottom...Anyway, just lookin for a couple suggestions on how to go about this as everything ive tried to make is just flat ugly. maybe ill post something that wont embarass me too much due to my lack of "skilz" later but im just lookin for design ideas/suggestions for now...thanks for any input
What actually are you designing? Is it the actual taps / handles themselves (ie - are they going to be made with a design somehow embossed on them) or is it a badge/card type thing that gets attached in front of them?

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Apr 22, 2003, 08:43 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Jul 10, 2004 at 02:19 AM. )

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 22, 2003, 08:56 PM

nough said

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Apr 22, 2003, 09:02 PM

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Apr 22, 2003, 09:03 PM

ObiWan Flanders  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 22, 2003, 09:04 PM

What actually are you designing? Is it the actual taps / handles themselves (ie - are they going to be made with a design somehow embossed on them) or is it a badge/card type thing that gets attached in front of them?
It sounds like all he wants me to make is simply a badge or sticker or something that will be attached to the front of a plain black, wood squarish beer tap..

Remember, you're trying to establish a brand identity and that's a really big deal. All of this should have been planned out and finished MONTHS ago... not pumped out at the last minute by the owners son. This is why most restaurants fail.
Well, the restaurant has been open now for a couple of months, however, the brewing got pushed far behind schedule and the first batches are just now finishing up. From my understanding, a local design/printing company was given the job quite some time ago but hasnt delivered long after designs were due and no number of phone calls have seemed to push them into getting their job done. So my father decides "if a professional can't do it, just give it to my idiot son to do"....

Anyway, im just looking for maybe a couple ideas anyone my have out there in macnn land so i can try to make something that isnt totally hideous..thanks

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Apr 22, 2003, 09:08 PM

ObiWan Flanders  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 22, 2003, 09:10 PM

Here we are now. Check out their online store.

http://www.taphandles.com/allcustom.htm
You sir are a beautiful man. I think I'll try to sell him on one of these instead....

ObiWan Flanders  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 22, 2003, 09:17 PM

the face of the tap is 3 and 3/4 inches tall and 3 inches wide if anyones interested.. thanks for the links again.....much appreciated

jamesvanderbeek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2003, 07:55 PM

if you know some low life loser who will do it for free just have him do it. im sure he would do it just to gain your friendship. while you are at it ask him if he would also burn you numerous cds for no cost. if he has a spare amp, just ask if you can use it and never pay for it. if he is a real sucker he will fall for it. dont stop there, if he has a pod just ask for it too and just keep telling him you will pay him later. these morons are all the same. they will do anything just to be accepted. thats my two cents.....hope it helps

Swiss Bob
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2003, 09:39 PM

"Ripthorn", "thunderbolt", "ale"
With words like that branded about you sound like you neede goblins and hobbits in the design somewhere.

http://www.wychwood.co.uk/Cask_ales_2003.htm

ObiWan Flanders  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2003, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by jamesvanderbeek:
if you know some low life loser who will do it for free just have him do it. im sure he would do it just to gain your friendship. while you are at it ask him if he would also burn you numerous cds for no cost. if he has a spare amp, just ask if you can use it and never pay for it. if he is a real sucker he will fall for it. dont stop there, if he has a pod just ask for it too and just keep telling him you will pay him later. these morons are all the same. they will do anything just to be accepted. thats my two cents.....hope it helps
say wha?

ObiWan Flanders  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2003, 10:41 PM

The taps are now done and put to use...thanks for the help

jamesvanderbeek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2003, 09:23 PM

say wha?
you shut up... i know your type

Stubie
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2003, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by jamesvanderbeek:
you shut up... i know your type
I scoff at you, you troll. Leave OWF alone!
Devsyn Development Studio: it tastes great and goes down smooth!

jamesvanderbeek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2003, 11:15 PM

go tell your mom to shave her back

Forum Links
Forum Rules