Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Candybar Woes

Candybar Woes
Wickedkitten
Jul 29, 2003, 04:04 PM

So I'm using Panther and I've got the whole switching themes using themefur thing sussed. Now onto icons.

In candybar there is a icondata.plist that gives you the location of all the files that candybar changes in Jag at:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemIcons.bundle/Contents/Resources/SystemIcons.rsrc

now, ive changed all of the locations in it so that each individual file saves it as the exact icon ie:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemIcons.bundle/Contents/Resources/ClippingPicture.icns

however there is no way that candybar will open in 10.3 so I can test this, so what I am wondering is. Does anyone know a way of getting candybar to recognize 10.3 as a valid system by editing a plist or something?

solidfox
Jul 30, 2003, 07:16 PM

If you check the hex in Resorcerer you'll find this on offset 1CCFE :

SupportedSystems SystemVersions Unsupported System Version Pre1010Error %d UnknownOSErrorCantContinue Go To Web Site UnknownOSError Ignore

Actually...dunno how that'd help but anyways...

Wickedkitten  (op)
Jul 30, 2003, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by solidfox:
If you check the hex in Resorcerer you'll find this on offset 1CCFE :

SupportedSystems SystemVersions Unsupported System Version Pre1010Error %d UnknownOSErrorCantContinue Go To Web Site UnknownOSError Ignore

Actually...dunno how that'd help but anyways...

yeah, you can actually find all of that stuff in one of the plists, there was a bit where it gave system ID's and I'm not sure if that was for the OS versions that it supported but I don't know where to find the system id in Panther or Jag to check

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jul 30, 2003, 08:00 PM

Why not wait til Panic/Iconfactory update the app to officially work with Panther?

Wickedkitten  (op)
Jul 30, 2003, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by OptimusG4:
Why not wait til Panic/Iconfactory update the app to officially work with Panther?

that could be months, and most likely it will be after panther is offically released

Forum Links
Forum Rules