Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Pristine 4g Ipods vs. damaged 4g Ipods

View Poll Results: Your ipod showed up, you thought "holy crap its perfect" or "crap what is this?"
Poll Options:
My Ipod showed up in perfect condition. I'm so lucky. Everyone should be jealous of my glorious greatness. 25 votes (80.65%)
My Ipod showed up with a scratch/dent/sticky gross stuff/ not working or looking right in some way. Come wallow with me in my joyless suffering defeat. 6 votes (19.35%)
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll
Pristine 4g Ipods vs. damaged 4g Ipods
b00tang
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2004, 02:49 PM

Sorry to start another ipod thread but a lot of people have been saying that their new 4G ipods came in less than perfect condition. I just want a quick poll of how many people had their new ipod show up perfect and how many had it show up with any sort of imperfection.
sorry if another thread has been doing this and i just missed it.
ipod why have you forsaken me?!?!?!

brentsg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2004, 03:10 PM

The poll is flawed. I bought 4 and only got 1 good one. And even the good one needed some sticky stuff cleaned off and had some 1 inch scratches on the back.

B

b00tang  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2004, 03:19 PM

I mainly wanted an idea of how many ipods are showing up perfect and how many are showing up damaged for people on macnn...
ideally if you bought multiple ipods it would be cool if you voted once for each ipod, but i don't know if its really worth that much trouble for people. better ideas anyone?
ipod why have you forsaken me?!?!?!

rastatero
Jul 25, 2004, 03:22 PM

I ordered an iPod and an iBook a few days ago and I just got around to opening the iPod box. At first I was a little worried hearing everyone's 4g iPod horror stories, but my iPod appears to be in flawless condition. No stickiness nor scratches what so ever. I only had a small opportunity to use the scroll/clickwheel to navigate a few of the menus before I put it down so that it could fully charge for the first time. The wheel is placed nicely flush against the unit and seems to click with great. Although I have never owned an iPod the range in contrast from high to low seems sastisfactory as well. Everything in that department seemed peachy as well. Although, I have not connected the iPod up to the computer yet I have high hopes that everything is going to be okay. Sorry to hear about everyone else's iPod. I would have been incredibly disappointed. -- Tony

EDIT: Recognized, connected, transfered, everything seems perfect.
( Last edited by rastatero; Jul 25, 2004 at 07:46 PM. )

brentsg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2004, 07:22 PM

I tried to vote more than once but it isn't possible.

B

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2004, 09:12 AM

I voted again for you.

Funny, I don't have one yet, but I think I'll wait since [based on all of these posts] there will be plenty of refurbs for sale soon.

dennisbolt
Jul 28, 2004, 01:34 PM

Mine does not appear to have plastic that is "stuck"on to the ipod, but it came with a clear plastic sleeve that is very loosely covering the ipod. No Dents, but the shiny back metal is very conducive to finger prints. I wonder why they don't use brushed metal for the back of the ipod, like on the PB and the mini?

dracoleb
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 29, 2004, 05:08 AM

Just got my 20GB today, awesome except for two dents in the back. The only way you know they are there is by looking at the distortion in the reflection. I don't really care though, I have my iPod and I'm happy. Gave my mini to my little bro. One thing I like about this over the mini is the fact that I can use the iPod while connected to my Mac
"To create a new standard takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and captures people's imaginations. Macintosh meets that standard"- Bill Gates

Forum Links
Forum Rules