Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > so I was listening to Art Bell...

so I was listening to Art Bell...
Mrs_Vod[k]a
Jul 27, 2004, 11:50 PM

so I was listening to Art Bell sunday night, for the first time in about a year, and I noticed that the show has changed quite a lot. People would call in with their alien stories, black helicopter encounters, ghost visitations, etc etc, and Art wouldn't entertain any of these supernatural subjects. he would simply dismiss all these callers, and then start talking about something plausible like climate change. what did i miss during that year when I didn't hear his show? has he completely gone off aliens? i hope not- that's what made his show entertaining

sideus
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2004, 12:15 AM

I thought he quit doing radio?

ObiWan Flanders
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2004, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by sideus:
I thought he quit doing radio?
He does the show on the weekends now.

If I'm not mistaken, since George Noory took over the show during the week a while ago he covers all the supernatural/alien/butt baby/shadow person/missing left sock/etc... type things and Art covers things with a little more factual backing during the week. Then again, I may be mistaken as I haven't listened to Coast To Coast too much since Art only started doing weekends.

george68
Banned
Jul 28, 2004, 12:28 AM

I don't know. Something happened, a while back. He was unexpectedly taken off the air for a few months, and when he came back he refused to give any information about it. I think he might have struck a chord with one of his weird topics.... as in one of them might have been true.

- Rob

ObiWan Flanders
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2004, 12:31 AM

Originally posted by george68:
I don't know. Something happened, a while back. He was unexpectedly taken off the air for a few months, and when he came back he refused to give any information about it. I think he might have struck a chord with one of his weird topics.... as in one of them might have been true.

- Rob
He had a number of health problems and something happened to his son, I don't remember what but it wasn't good.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 28, 2004, 05:08 AM

Mrs_Vod[k]a  (op)
Jul 28, 2004, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by ObiWan Flanders:
He had a number of health problems and something happened to his son, I don't remember what but it wasn't good.
I remember reading in the paper that his son was kidnapped and abused by a man who had aids. I don't know if his son has aids now or not.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 28, 2004, 12:37 PM

Originally posted by Mrs_Vod[k]a:
I remember reading in the paper that his son was kidnapped and abused by a man who had aids. I don't know if his son has aids now or not.
You'll remember even better if you click the link I posted right above your post.

funkboy
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2004, 06:32 PM

Love listening to Coast to Coast, but I haven't noticed a huge change in what they talk about really... a little more down-to-earth stuff maybe on the weekend, I dunno.

The only radio talk show worth listening to, since it doesn't consist of a bunch of people yelling at each other and cutting each other down.

Forum Links
Forum Rules