Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > John Titor, Time Traveler

John Titor, Time Traveler
ObiWan Flanders
Forum Regular
Aug 7, 2004, 10:07 PM

Heard this on Coast2Coast last night
John Titor

Any thoughts?

I feel as though I'm about to be timelined

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2004, 10:18 PM

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 10:23 PM

"Extraoidinary claims require extraordinary evidence". I see none here.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

tavilach
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 10:26 PM

I visited that site about a year or two ago, and was going to bring it up in my Theoretical Science Club...but no one else was interested in anything scientific, so we just watched movies every meeting.

Anyway, it's obviously a hoax, but after reading it, I told my mom that if a United States civil war breaks out in 2005 (it's nearing that time, ain't it?), we have to move.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

greenamp
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 11:28 PM

It is definatly worth a read when you're bored. If shat starts to hit the fan when the elections role around, like Titor said it would, well... I dunno what it will just be spooky.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by ObiWan Flanders:
I feel as though I'm about to be timelined
Maybe, but only by Titor.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 01:37 AM

"The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII. "

Wow, I had better get back up north quick. I don't want to be on the wrong side when the war starts! (or has it already? )

tavilach
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 01:44 AM

Originally posted by TailsToo:
"The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII. "

Wow, I had better get back up north quick. I don't want to be on the wrong side when the war starts! (or has it already? )
I thought it said 2005. Does is say two different things in two areas of the site? Umm...

It's funny...

When I looked at that site one or two years ago, I thought it'd be funny to witness his predictions finally hit the fan. It seems like that time has come!

Titor j00 n00b, U B teh 0wntZ0rz!
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

ObiWan Flanders  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2004, 01:55 AM

Originally posted by tavilach:
I thought it said 2005. Does is say two different things in two areas of the site? Umm...

No he said things begin to happen shortly after election time 2004 and get full blown in 2k5. It was a good read this afternoon though, I don't know if the dates on those are fake but he talks about war in Iraq, not finding wmds, the space shuttle incident. Hoax, nonetheless entertaining.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2004, 10:18 AM

2005? Time to stock up on ammy, bear and a CB radio...that's all I'll need to survive the upcomming conflict
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 10:20 AM

The plans he posted for his time traveling device were later proven to be army schematics for some mundane device.

The story is interesting, but it's a load of crap.
<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

sanity assassin
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 11:39 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I thought this had been laid to rest.

Go here to speak to those who were involved with John from the beginning and the Art Bell stuff.

http://www.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/bbs...?ubb=forum;f=9

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by MacGorilla:
2005? Time to stock up on ammy, bear and a CB radio...that's all I'll need to survive the upcomming conflict

Don't forget the canned Spam! I'm sure that it will still be tasty at the end of the war!

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2004, 02:33 PM

Slight problem with time travel.

There is no way to prove it.

Popular theory states that the moment you leave your current time line (universe) and infinate number of new, soley independent universes are created that have absolutely no interaction with any other universe (I guess it'd be a multiverse then). That's how the universe protects itself from paradoxes. You can go back in time and kill your father before you're born. In the timeline you left, life goes on. As far as anyone's concerned you still existed and ran off with the circus. In the independent universe where you kill your dad, "you" won't be born, but you're still there anyway. Probably be brought up on murder charges and given the death penalty. Or, since you claim to be a time traveler, you'll be institutionalized.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2004, 08:44 PM

( Last edited by Face Ache; Sep 12, 2004 at 10:35 PM. )

SafariX
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
Slight problem with time travel.

There is no way to prove it.

Popular theory states that the moment you leave your current time line (universe) and infinate number of new, soley independent universes are created that have absolutely no interaction with any other universe (I guess it'd be a multiverse then). That's how the universe protects itself from paradoxes. You can go back in time and kill your father before you're born. In the timeline you left, life goes on. As far as anyone's concerned you still existed and ran off with the circus. In the independent universe where you kill your dad, "you" won't be born, but you're still there anyway. Probably be brought up on murder charges and given the death penalty. Or, since you claim to be a time traveler, you'll be institutionalized.
Better than I could have stated in my half-lazy state.

Forum Links
Forum Rules