Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > trying to mod a theme..

trying to mod a theme..
cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2004, 11:43 PM

i'm trying to mod a theme. i've been working on it off and on all day (sadly, i haven't done a whole lot with it).

i eventually saved it and tried it out, but noticed the elements i didn't alter, were back to original OSX.

so i went back to ThemePark and marked all elements as changed, thinking ThemePark would save all those elements into my theme...didn't work though.

whats the easiest way to mod a theme? i really don't want to go piece by piece..copy pasting each part, so it thinks i really did alter that element..

mac15
Senior User
Sep 30, 2004, 11:46 PM

You have to use 'merge with installed elements' which can be found when you click Theme in the themepark menu.

cruciarius  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2004, 11:49 PM

ok thanks.

i didn't want to try that, because it made me think my elements would be saved into the file of the theme i was using..

Forum Links
Forum Rules