Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Dreamweaver seems to hose my network

Dreamweaver seems to hose my network
mbrando
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2005, 07:36 AM

Hi,

I can work all day checking email with Mail or using safari or firefox to test web pages. However, I have to do is try an use Dreamweavers FTP and it will hose up my router within 5 to 10 minutes. I'll start getting server not responding messages. Then If I check my network settings I have no IP address. This affects all the computers on my LAN. I cycle the power on the router, a linksys BEFW11S4, and it all works fin again until I start using Dreamweaver.

Any Ideas? Has anyone else ran into this? I'd hate to have to use a separate FTP client. I like the Check-in Check-out feature.

I'm not sure if Dreamweaver is doing something the router does not like or maybe it is just a crap router.

Any suggestions woul be great.
Mike Brandonisio * Web Hosting
Tech One Illustration * e-Commerce
http://www.jikometrix.net

JIKOmetrix - Reliable web hosting

mbrando  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2005, 12:50 PM

Hi,

It seems that my router was having toruble. I replaced the BEFW11S4 with a WRT54G V4 and is has been working fine with all my app. Just to confirm I put the old one back and everyone I tried I could get dreamweaver to hose the router. The New one seems to function properly though.

Thanks

Phil Sherry
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2005, 02:35 PM

Regardless of where the problem was in this case, Dreamweaver's FTP has been absolute gash since day one.

mbrando  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2005, 08:38 PM

I agree. Though I was struggling with where to try and fix the problem. Was it something that DW was doing that the router did not like or the router not properly handling certain packets? If the problem continues, Currently the new router seems to have corrected the issue, I'll swtich to fetch or something.

skalie
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2005, 06:55 AM

........if I may slip this in here....

Has a text editor (freeware) for panther with "live to FTP" editting been developed yet?

I know this has been addressed before, but I'm having the usual troubles with the search feature.

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2005, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by skalie
........if I may slip this in here....

Has a text editor (freeware) for panther with "live to FTP" editting been developed yet?

I know this has been addressed before, but I'm having the usual troubles with the search feature.
http://www.barebones.com/products/te...er/index.shtml
Computer thez nohhh...

skalie
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2005, 11:18 AM

Thanks Mr Mundy, my old iBook just regained some points in the "mobile workstation" contest.

Forum Links
Forum Rules