Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Job as a Mac Trainer

Job as a Mac Trainer
ShotgunEd
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2005, 02:19 PM

Ok, I just saw a job in the paper.

Adobe CS and MacOSX trainer required for small company.

I'm really quite adept at OSX and can use Photoshop and Indesign and Illustrator to quite a high level.

Should I make out "training packages" for these, where I plan what I'll be teaching in preparation for the interview or should I just go in and hope to wing it, hoping they'll sit me in front of a Mac and show them my stuff?

The answer is clearly the first, what should i base my packages on? What should be included in each? To what level should I be teaching?

I don't have any more information than I posted above, so I don't know how long I'll be training for or anything.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2005, 04:56 PM

A good start are always the official certifications from the respective companies. Of course, qualification is the most important quality, but those certs really help.

www.2test.com performs the Adobe exams.

But I don't guess you don't want to do these just for that job, of course. So do exactly what you said, but put the emphasis on the teaching part. Clearly separate basic knowledge, advanced and professional techniques.

Forum Links
Forum Rules