Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Problems Uploading to ftp please help me.

Problems Uploading to ftp please help me.
Mr Kino
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2006, 03:16 AM

i made a gallery of all my iphoto pictures using the program "Galerie" that worked fine.

but now that i am trying to upload it to my web site it uploads a few files then disconnects me. At first i thought it was Adobe GoLive, but then i downloaded Fetch, and it still disconnects me when i try to upload the whole folder.

here are pics of the errors for both programs

and

Any suggestions?

Mr Kino  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2006, 04:42 AM

well i think i narrowed the problem down.

it looks like airport might have something to do with it. I transfered all the files that i wanted to upload to a laptop that is connected via ethernet instead of wireless. And that one is uploading away with ZERO problems.

its hard to explain, but when i try to upload all those files to my web site my airport hiccups. And that is how the connection is lost.

this is a quick fix for now, but i would hate to have to transfer files to the laptop every-time i want to upload files to my web site.

frates
Jan 7, 2006, 01:13 PM

Have a look at your network preferences, for the airport interface, under the "proxies" tab : "use passive FTP mode" should be checked.

(it makes a FTP connection behind a router work)

Forum Links
Forum Rules