Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Returns

MacBook Returns (Page 3)
Ham Sandwich
May 29, 2015, 11:21 AM

Well how is it going to connect to the Macbook?

You'd need a USB-C to something, and I would expect that Apple would put in a faster port if they want to increase the capacity (seriously, 2 GB? That's it? They should push that to like 32 GB.)

P
Jun 5, 2015, 08:14 AM

The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

chichow
Forum Regular
Jun 18, 2015, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by driven View Post
My 15" doesn't either.
I have a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter I use. I don't see a USB-C to Ethernet adapter even existing yet.
Edit: and even then, I'd have to give up charging to use it.
Amazon.com: Cable Matters® SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter in Black: Computers & Accessories

Ham Sandwich
Nov 3, 2015, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by And.reg View Post
Also an update regarding the keyboard: I did not like the keyboard; I was absolutely annoyed with it. I found myself making way too many mistakes on the new Macbook keyboard; I couldn't tell which key was which or where I was placing my fingers without looking, and typing on it was louder than on the Pro/Air MacBooks when I tried it.
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Originally Posted by And.reg View Post
if Apple had taken Force Touch one step farther by designing the entire keyboard to be Force Touch (or rather, Force Type), then the keyboard membrane would be as flat as the trackpad, and the screen would be better preserved. (Not to mention typing would be almost totally quiet.) That alone would be worth the current price tag of admission.

I expect that in a few years, Apple will be changing out their new MacBooks to have said Force Type. They're already experimenting with it in their iPhone 7 prototypes so I'm almost absolutely sure that it's going to happen, and when it does, any laptop with a mechanical keyboard will seem outdated.
Such a keyboard would have horrendous feel, even now the thought of a keyboard with less key travel than my current machine doesn't make me jump up and down in joy. There is a good reason why my desk is adorned with an IBM Model M keyboard … 
1. Alright maybe not force type for iPhone 7 but 3D touch for the iPhone 6s - close enough

2. and force touch/type for Mac-style keyboards has already been patented...
( Last edited by Ham Sandwich; Nov 4, 2015 at 09:32 AM. )

pigmode
Nov 19, 2015, 10:27 AM

The improved scissors type keys on the mid 2015 15" Macbook Pro probably shows, how much we don't know how the new Macbook Pros will be configured. I'm guessing if Apple goes with a new thinner form factor they could very well stay with the scissors mech, or improve the feel of the butterfly mech possible with more key travel. The jury is still out on the Macbook keyboard layout as well.
( Last edited by pigmode; Nov 19, 2015 at 10:38 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules