Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > UK: Who is watching "I'm Alan Partridge"

UK: Who is watching "I'm Alan Partridge"
ShotgunEd
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2002, 07:33 AM

Hot Topic...

Fantastic, funniest show on TV. BBC2 Mondays at 10pm. Its repeated on a Tuesday on BBC Choice and on a Thursday on BBC2.

Anything with Steve Coogan is brilliant but this really takes the cake.

Edit: changed "fanatastic" to the non-italian fantastic
( Last edited by ShotgunEd; Nov 19, 2002 at 08:47 AM. )

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 19, 2002, 08:19 AM

BOOF! EAT MY THREAD

missed it. then again, i haven't got a tv these days. damn. agreed though, Coogan is one funny fecker, and Partridge is definitely one of the best things ever
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 19, 2002, 09:03 AM

I'm glad that this started just as Coupling and Never mind the Buzzcocks finished. Last night's episode was ace, especially the meeting with the South African and the bit where he impailed his foot. Ace!

Some people have been saying this series isn't as good, personally I think it's better than the last one

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 19, 2002, 09:21 AM

hmm. just heard Mark & Lard bitching about the canned laughter, saying they thought it ruined it a bit for them. like, it's funny, so they know when to laugh. they don't need a prompter. i can dig that
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

ShotgunEd  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2002, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by philzilla:
hmm. just heard Mark & Lard bitching about the canned laughter, saying they thought it ruined it a bit for them. like, it's funny, so they know when to laugh. they don't need a prompter. i can dig that
To tell the truth I hadn't even thought about the canned laughter until just now. I hadn't noticed it.

And I would have to say that we can't really judge this series until we've seen it all. The last series was such a classic because I watched it oh so many times. I'm loving the new series so far and can't wait until next Monday.

clebin
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 19, 2002, 11:12 AM

One of the papers complained about the canned laughter, but I hadn't really noticed either.

I was probably laughing louder than that as he was retching through his conference speech...

Some other good comedy on at the moment. TLC before it was pretty good this time and Harry Hill's TV Burp was also very funny last week (Thursday 10:30). His impression of David Dickinson was about 1000 times funnier than Dead Ringers...

Chris

ajprice
Professional Poster
Nov 19, 2002, 04:08 PM

CASHBACK!

Yessss, Partridge is great, didn't notice the canned laughter myself. The Comedy Awards this year are going to be really good...with Coupling, The Office, Phoenix Nights, The League of Gentlemen and now Alan Partridge. Its been a great year for comedy.

Caught a bit of Harry Hill's TV Burp, great stuff, shame its on so late.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules