Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes / iPod question with MacOSX clean install

iTunes / iPod question with MacOSX clean install
alex_wlu_82
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2004, 02:29 PM

Not quite sure what forum to post this in, since it has a bit of all three (software, macosx and periph.) anyways, here goes:

I currently have my ipod to sync manually in itunes when attached to my mac. I remember when i first opened iTunes with my iPod attached and it was set to sync automatically. Now i want to do a clean install of 10.3, and i am worried that when i plug my ipod in for the first time, it will auto sync with my empty itunes library (I keep all my tunes on my iPod only). Will this happen?

kovacs
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2004, 02:55 PM

Normally iTunes won't automatically sync with an iPod that it has never seen before, but if you want to be sure you can always copy the iTunes plist file ( located in Home/Library/Preferences ) so that iTunes acts the same way as it does now...

alex_wlu_82  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2004, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by kovacs:
Normally iTunes won't automatically sync with an iPod that it has never seen before, but if you want to be sure you can always copy the iTunes plist file ( located in Home/Library/Preferences ) so that iTunes acts the same way as it does now...
yeah. that does make sense.. i will copy the file just to make sure.

thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules