Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > konfabulator album art widgets

konfabulator album art widgets
cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2005, 01:46 PM

i'm looking for a good konfabulator album art widget. i tried iTunesCompanion for a long time, but it sometimes put wrong album art on songs/albums and just became a pain, going thru my play list to correct it. plus the controls and track info won't stop appearing, but i can't figure out how to disable them.

what does everyone else use? do they have any issues with them, like i have with iTunesCompanion?

i did try out the synergy album info floater, but its too big and i can't get it to be a good size for my desktop.

nbn22385
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 1, 2005, 05:29 PM

Have you tried Sputnik? I was using that for a while.
http://widgetgallery.com/view.php?widget=35898

cruciarius  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2005, 08:20 PM

actually, i have tried sputnik, since i saw a lot of people using it. though oddly, it had a lot of bugs, for me. nobody has commented on that widget, since i did.

maybe someone here can help me with it.

my comment for sputnik:
great idea, but doesn't work. no cd cover art shows up. took me several times to get the widget to close. it kept launching itunes. has no ability to hide it while itunes isn't running.

VTJustinB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2005, 12:41 PM

I recently modified the AlbumArt Dashboard Widget to look like sputnik if anyone is interested in that.
3.0GHz Mac Pro, 15" RevD Powerbook, G4 MacMini

Forum Links
Forum Rules