Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Sarah Palin Channel

The Sarah Palin Channel
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2014, 01:16 AM

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 2, 2014, 06:21 AM

Yuck.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2014, 12:43 PM

Her studio needs acoustic treatment. treatment. treatment.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2014, 01:06 PM

Two things, Besson:

1) You seem to be obsessing much about Sarah Palin. Why is that ?
2) You violated PWL rules with this post, and you know it.

-t

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2014, 01:09 PM

I like the Obama leaving office timer, don't care about the rest.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2014, 06:43 AM

I'm more of a Krauthammer kind of guy so this isn't my thing, but the site and content seem decent enough.

I mean... she certainly doesn't have blood-dripping fangs or anything. That's good.
ebuddy

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2014, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
I'm more of a Krauthammer kind of guy so this isn't my thing, but the site and content seem decent enough.

I mean... she certainly doesn't have blood-dripping fangs or anything. That's good.
Not if you believe her haters.
45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2014, 10:50 AM

Her haters see everything through that "Stereotypes only" Liberal filter, that has them using stereotypes and soap opera plots as their basis of reality. This is why liberals just have to label everybody. They are horrid judges of character, which is why they gravitate to such vile types.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2014, 04:30 AM

I'm not sure that defending Sarah Palin and criticising other people's basis of reality are readily compatible positions.
She is a misguided, cynical Republican PR stunt that didn't pay off and is lingering.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I'm not sure that defending Sarah Palin and criticising other people's basis of reality are readily compatible positions.
She is a misguided, cynical Republican PR stunt that didn't pay off and is lingering.
At least Geraldine Ferraro did not have to put up with the hate, misguided cynical Democrat PR stunt that she was that REALLY did not pay off. (49 state loss) She lingered for twenty seven years. Ferraro would still be lingering had she not died from cancer, God rest her soul.
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2014, 10:54 AM

Never heard of her.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2014, 10:57 AM

She was Walter Mondale's running mate in 1984. They got shellacked by Reagan.

andi*pandi
Aug 5, 2014, 11:10 AM

Do you have to pay to join/comment? If so, she's monetizing her fanbase, if there's more money to get from em, good for her. Or maybe the join is just to prevent spambots from posting comments.

It's not horribly designed, and probably give her fanbase what they want more of. Interesting that she's "answering your facebook questions" on this blog not Facebook. Maybe she doesn't like Facebook any more?

Badkosh, unless your post is intentionally ironic, you are doing the same thing you accuse lefties of doing.

Chongo, Ferraro didn't have to put up with as much of the "hate" as you say, because she was generally more respected as a legislator... and yet also not as charismatic a speaker. In turn, Ferraro didn't have as rabid a fanbase, but I think back then not many politicians did. There were some who didn't want a woman VP no matter the party. If there hadn't been Ferraro, there wouldn't have been a Palin.

OreoCookie
Aug 5, 2014, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Do you have to pay to join/comment? If so, she's monetizing her fanbase, if there's more money to get from em, good for her. Or maybe the join is just to prevent spambots from posting comments.
She's been milking her fifteen minutes of fame very well (e. g. her short gig as a political commentator at Fox News), not bad for someone with little intellectual and political substance.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2014, 12:53 PM

it was a little more than 15 minutes, which is why she's "lingered" so long.

(and there's the whole "older male voter"/GILF factor)
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2014, 12:55 PM

Perhaps if you paid closer attention, and understood IN CONTEXT what was going on? Remember Those in the UK are not day to day citizens on the USA.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2014, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Badkosh, unless your post is intentionally ironic, you are doing the same thing you accuse lefties of doing.
The left has a track record. Its obvious to those who watch all the action and understand the various biases.

OreoCookie
Aug 5, 2014, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
it was a little more than 15 minutes, which is why she's "lingered" so long.
She was a mayor of a small town, a pretty green governor who didn't even serve a full term. Certainly she wasn't on the map as far as US national politics goes -- until she got nominated as McCain's VP running mate.* After losing the election, she joined the media circus and did not return to an elected office. To me, that pretty much adds up to 15 minutes.
(and there's the whole "older male voter"/GILF factor)
So we have to listen to someone because she is … »hot«? I thought we are past high school.

* I still would like to know what got into McCain to nominate her instead of someone with the proper qualifications and political weight. Anyway, another topic for another day.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2014, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
With everything going on in the world, this is what you spend your time looking at?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2014, 02:32 PM

Its called changing the focus from Obama Admin failures, disasters, and scandals. It took a couple hundred thousand illegals to change focus to that from IRS scandals, from VA from ACA etc.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
She was a mayor of a small town, a pretty green governor who didn't even serve a full term. Certainly she wasn't on the map as far as US national politics goes -- until she got nominated as McCain's VP running mate.* After losing the election, she joined the media circus and did not return to an elected office. To me, that pretty much adds up to 15 minutes.
6 months, 15 minutes, same thing.

So we have to listen to someone because she is … »hot«? I thought we are past high school.

* I still would like to know what got into McCain to nominate her instead of someone with the proper qualifications and political weight. Anyway, another topic for another day.
You can listen to whom you want, I don't pay any attention to her at all unless someone points out something she's doing. I'm just explaining why some male voters still have an interest in her, as if it weren't obvious.
- Thomas Paine

OreoCookie
Aug 5, 2014, 04:51 PM

6 months, 15 minutes, same thing.
You understand that »15 minutes of fame« is a figure of speech, right?

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2014, 08:06 PM

Calling all Progressives:

Women like her should not be allowed to speak or assemble. The government should create a law or a task force for silencing or eliminating women like her. She and women like her should be constantly derided, belittled, threatened, and marginalized until they never speak again.
ebuddy

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2014, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
You understand that »15 minutes of fame« is a figure of speech, right?
Really? I'm simply saying she was a focal character in the politics of this country for a substantial period of time (from primary to election and then for 3-4 months after). That's more than a flash in the pan, whether she deserves it or not.
- Thomas Paine

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 15, 2014, 04:58 AM

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 05:19 AM

she isn't drunk, just trying to appear flippant.
- Thomas Paine

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2014, 07:49 AM

She was right on this.
http://youtu.be/GhCh4wkYlCQ
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 11:48 AM

Yeah... I actually liked that one.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 11:52 AM

Calling all Progressives:

Women like her should not be allowed to speak or assemble. The government should create a law or a task force for silencing or eliminating women like her. She and women like her should be constantly derided, belittled, threatened, and marginalized until they never speak again.
Calling all Strawmen:

^

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 12:00 PM

Calling all people who started the discussion to actually participate in the discussion before they lob accusations.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Calling all people who started the discussion to actually participate in the discussion before they lob accusations.
I don't really have anything to add, I just found this entire premise of her own channel amusing. My posting this was not some sort of political statement, it was just intended to amuse those that might also find her annoying and therefore find the idea of shelling out this kind of money for a subscription amusing.

Sometimes I'm just a simple man.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 12:15 PM

So, belittling and derision.

I don't know where that ebuddy guy gets off...

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 12:17 PM

Whatever. This place has the uncanny knack out of making something that isn't so big pretty big and hyper-obsessing over just about everything.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 12:28 PM

If you want control over people's reactions, perhaps the public square is not the proper venue.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2014, 12:36 PM

Correlation ≠ Causation

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 15, 2014, 12:43 PM

Strange when people take a thread conscientiously posted in the Political forum as a political statement.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 02:49 PM

No way...
- Thomas Paine

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2014, 10:56 PM

I, besson3, have the uncanny knack out of making something that isn't so big pretty big and hyper-obsessing over just about everything.
Fixed that for you.

-t

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2014, 04:13 AM

I dunno, she doesn't seem sober. There is slurring and her speech patterns throughout are not like they usually are. Didn't she get done for DUI? Usually a good indicator that someone has a drinking problem.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2014, 10:44 AM

I dunno, she doesn't seem sober. There is slurring and her speech patterns throughout are not like they usually are. Didn't she get done for DUI? Usually a good indicator that someone has a drinking problem.
What the hell are you talking about? No she didn't "get done for DUI". Her husband did, like 22 years ago.

What is wrong with people any more, we just pull shit out of thin air now? Because we don't like their politics? Egadz man.

ebuddy

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 16, 2014, 09:28 PM

You guys are getting to be really boring.

Why does every post have to be assessed as some sort of political statement worthy of scrutiny and subject to the poster providing some sort of iron clad defense that can withstand all debate? What is the harm in mocking politicians? You guys are perfectly welcome to mock the bribe out of any politician you want, I don't care, and there are a number of other threads where this takes place already.

If this bothers you, why not just avoid the thread? Here is Robin Williams mocking a number of different politicians, I hope you enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW2jSLuHlz4

I'm going to ignore responses about this that are about me, cause I just. Don't. Care.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2014, 07:50 AM

I posted a hit & run on my favorite pundit-villain in the Political War Lounge because I loathe her politics and people got all political about it. And why can't people attack the character of women they disagree with, without others feeling like they should include facts?

ebuddy

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2014, 10:26 AM

What the hell are you talking about? No she didn't "get done for DUI". Her husband did, like 22 years ago.

What is wrong with people any more, we just pull shit out of thin air now? Because we don't like their politics? Egadz man.

I thought she did. Its not really relevant, she is definitely on something in that clip.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 17, 2014, 11:56 AM

I don't see it. I think your political glasses have a stronger bias than mine.
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 17, 2014, 01:54 PM

What is the harm in mocking politicians?
Women are so marginalized when it comes to politics, I try to be careful about how I do it. Even if can be argued said woman holds positions which further marginalize women.
( Last edited by subego; Aug 17, 2014 at 02:40 PM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 17, 2014, 01:57 PM

I don't see it. I think your political glasses have a stronger bias than mine.
Yup.

I'll grant you "obnoxiously smug", or someone who needs to leave the comedy to the professionals, but clearly not drunk. I'd put money on it.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 17, 2014, 05:28 PM

I posted a hit & run on my favorite pundit-villain in the Political War Lounge because I loathe her politics and people got all political about it. And why can't people attack the character of women they disagree with, without others feeling like they should include facts?

Yeah, like you've ever defended Obama posting and running.

Cut the robot act.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2014, 05:04 AM

She's slurring her words and the pacing of them is off as well. Also the quick and dirty cut at the end suggests that the editor was trying to hide whatever she said or did next, either it was inappropriate or unmistakably inebriated. Or maybe she fell over.

Call it bias if you want but I said last time she was on 'something'. Maybe she just got back from having a root canal done or something.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2014, 07:23 AM

Yeah, like you've ever defended Obama posting and running.

Cut the robot act.
Robot act? You mean the act of going into attack-mode against pundits instead of critically analyzing anyone that would actually run something important in this country? I can't say I've ever done this. This is the job for Progressive shit-setters looking for some fellow goon to spike and since they manage the majority of higher offices here, they've been remarkably silent on just about anything that does matter.

Spare me your tripe, zealot.
ebuddy

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 18, 2014, 12:52 PM

Robot!

Zealot!

Facist!

Canadian!

Forum Links
Forum Rules