Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > So Panther (10.3) increases battery life to over 4 hours?

So Panther (10.3) increases battery life to over 4 hours? (Page 2)
Sakino
Senior User
Oct 1, 2003, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by z0ne81:
I have a rev b 17" and am using 10.3 ; look at my Battery Life
WTF??! Thats osx too? 10.2.7?
Well I can tell you my battery is dead at 2 hrs, and I havnt been able to get past it with 2 hours. I really dont konw what to do, this is pissing me off. Plus the fact that I have 3 large white spots on my screen. I really don't know what I should do. I will call apple in 3 hours and bitch them out. Tell them to send me a replacement and then I will send mine back. I will demand it too.

jetta_gt
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 05:46 AM

People, this is a great thread, but when talking about battery life but, please specify if this is the time your computer gave you in the menu bar, or the ACTUAL time you spent using the computer before the machine put itself to sleep.

There are four or five people already in this thread that have said 10.3 gives them around 4 hours... This is vague, are they actually working for 4 hours, or is the system telling them that there is 4 hours left after a full recharge.

Please use this notation, maybe it will catch on:

When talking about about what the computer tells you battery life is, use PB.

When talking about what your REAL WORLD usage was, use RW.

EX: With 10.3 I am getting 4:30RW, even though my computer is telling me 3:30PB.

In this example it's obvious, but in others, the notation would really help. All these people are posting screenshots of 10.3 battery life, but not saying if they are getting this in actual use!

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 06:02 AM

Well, I guess there really is some people who has increased their battery life after installing 10.3, but until you really time it, you may never know the real life of the battery. As for me, I really don't trust the time on it because it changes all the time when you're doing different things on your laptop. Even if you are doing the same work and cpu usage, I still don't trust that time thing. I only look at the Percentage of my battery.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

agentmouthwash
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 06:27 AM

If 10.3 is going to bring new life and speed to older G3's (as stated by some beta testers) then I see no reason why it can't have better battery management. I am sure Steve Jobs knows this - otherwise he wouldn't of released powerbooks that get only 2 hours of life. OS10.3 will change this.
Powerbook G4 1.25GHZ

dennis88
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 06:37 AM

NICE!!

scott brown
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 07:13 AM

>>ou are the ONLY one making this claim. There are hundreds of Panther beta testers out there and NOT one of them is make the same claim. <<

i counted a few right here in this thread. I've also seen many others make the same claim. I'll also join in and say that I've experienced longer battery life in 10.3 firsthand in many powerbooks.

If you want to tell me I'm wrong, then you're calling me a liar. I don't find that very nice....

The bottom line is that skyman is completely wrong.

>> All I am trying to say is that there is no way that a simple OS upgrade is going to increase battery life by almost 80%. It is not possible, PERIOD!
<<

Since when is Panther a "simple OS upgrade?"

I think it's a pretty non-trivial upgrade. A big OS upgrade can most certainly change the power management of a laptop...
12in PB 867/640/60/SD/AE
17in PB 1.33/1GB/80(5400rpm)

Powaqqatsi
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 07:53 AM

My Ti867 says this sometimes...right after I unplug it (OS 10.2.6)

jasong
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 08:07 AM

I used to get over 5 hours on my Pismo running some flavor of OS 9. Under X it gets barely over an hour. Of course I think the batteries have finally worn themselves out, but X definitely exacerbated the situation.

My 1 Ghz Ti-Book has never gotten more than 2.5 hours, which is disappointing, and now with 10.2.8, the readout is all wonky, but I actually seem to get slightly more time. Maybe once the whole 10.2.8 deal is resolved I'll call AppleCare and see if I can get a replacement battery to get me over 3 at least.

-- Jason

Lertsiri
Oct 1, 2003, 08:36 AM

Thank god for Apple Care ...anyway, some have reported 10.2.7 on rev b powerbooks and crazy battery readouts as well, to my surprise....does that mean that apple had the bad readouts for batteries in Powerbooks since 10.2.7 and never fixed it in 10.2.8?
Woa....that would mean that they completely didn't test 10.2.8 and batteries at all for an update to be completely useless for battery time consistency (10.2.7-10.2.8 in powerbook Al editions)

as for people with Pismos and Wallstreets out there, try OWC batteries, they really last longer...(concerning the new batteries released last week) I got one for my pismo and it lasts a good 3 something hours! At least the Pismo with 10.2.8 was NOT effected by the wacky and wonky battery read out display glitch as found in my newer G4 1 gig PB 17" Rev A. Getting a new battery soon (replaced) IF it is proven to be damaged by 10.2.8 update....
-Lertsiri Boonmee
"Think Different and Just Do It"

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by nagromme:
There are several ways in which a change of OS software could potentially make battery life better or worse. I don't know if that's what's happening with 10.2.8 or 10.3--but it's NOT impossible.

The following are some factors that affect power consumption and can be changed by software:

* How much data is cached to disk for different purposes, requiring the HD to spin up

* How soon the HD spins back down

* How the caching occurs over time--in "bunches" or spaced-out small batches that result in more spin-ups/downs

* How hard the GPU works

* How hard the CPU works

* When other more minor components are active or inactive (speakers, internal chips, etc.)

* When the fans come on or don't

* Triggering of specific power-saving modes in the GPU and CPU

The above could all, in theory, be handled more efficiently and intelligently by improving system software.

Thank you, as I was reading this I wanted to shout the same thing at various people... For an example, if Apple made QuartzExtreme much more computationally efficient in Panther (which is a rather strong possibility), then that in turn leads to lower average GPU utilization when doing typical computing tasks (non-graphics intensive stuff like web browsing, e-mail, Word and such), which would reduce the amount of power the GPU draws from the system - increasing overall battery life.

I would just like to add that, in the install process, it's possible for Apple to place updated firmware into various components. It doesn't happen frequently, but they can do it. In the firmware they could install a new, more efficient method to turn a certain component on or off, or to only have a component on when it's needed. It's also possible that a bug in the installer or the firmware itself could do anything from totally breaking your system, to going unnoticed, except effectively killing your [actual|displayed] battery life.
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

webb3201
Senior User
Oct 1, 2003, 09:43 AM

Is it possible that changes to the operating system could effect things like hard drive spinning and memory swapping. That would cause a change battery life would it not?
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

videian28
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 09:50 AM

for all this bickering going on..all I can say is one can only hope

dialo
Senior User
Oct 1, 2003, 10:14 AM

I've had a couple powerbooks over the last couple of years, and not one has ever given me an accurate battery time, so I just leave it on %. Are you guys actually saying that in the past you have actually gotten accurate battery time read-outs?

And as far as overcharging w/ 10.2.8, the real issue is whether it knows to cut off when it hits 95-100%. I'll check with my 10.2.8 ibook tonight (I used it as a guinea pig and kept my powerbook @ 10.2.6).

joeyd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 10:32 AM

I'm running Panther on a new 15" 1.25gHz.

The Battery Life is awesome! http://joe.devivo.com/power.jpg

It says here to expect 4:10, but that's with airport and bluetooth off. With them on, I got about 3:45 no joke. I spent almost four hours draining the battery for the initial calibration!

You'll also notice in the picture my ame, because I have fast-user switching enbaled. Another cool feature of panther, that my wife and I took advantage of for about a minute before she relaized she needed her own powerbook

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by Fellow2000:
Skyman, you are an idiot... some people.

If you would take the time to read, I have counted at least 10 to 15 reports of Panther beta testers that have reported their battery life going up between 40 and 75 percent. Leaving them with a good 4 or more hours when before they had just under 3.

Did you design panther? How the hell would you know if it can save your battery. There are tons of ways an OS can do this, just from the way it manages each piece of hardware.

Wow, ......
We are taking actually battery life...not indicated battery life.

My point is valid and until "proven" otherwise, I will stick to it.

Small minded people like you who have to use words like "idiot" to make a point have no credibility on this board.

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by joeyd:
I'm running Panther on a new 15" 1.25gHz.

The Battery Life is awesome! http://joe.devivo.com/power.jpg

It says here to expect 4:10, but that's with airport and bluetooth off. With them on, I got about 3:45 no joke. I spent almost four hours draining the battery for the initial calibration!

You'll also notice in the picture my ame, because I have fast-user switching enbaled. Another cool feature of panther, that my wife and I took advantage of for about a minute before she relaized she needed her own powerbook
Did you actually time how long it took to drain the battery or did you use the battery indicator?

scott brown
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 11:34 AM

>>We are taking actually battery life...not indicated battery life.<<

I was also talking actual battery life, not indicated battery life. I've found that it's higher under 10.3 than under 10.2.x

>>My point is valid and until "proven" otherwise, I will stick to it.<<

How else do you want people to prove it? If i get more battery life out of 10.3 on my machines than on 10.2.x, that seems like proof to me. When other machines I've seen do the same, that seems like proof to me

>>Small minded people like you who have to use words like "idiot" to make a point have no credibility on this board. <<

Then you should see why you have no credibility. Saying "some people!" is no different...
12in PB 867/640/60/SD/AE
17in PB 1.33/1GB/80(5400rpm)

Daniel Bayer
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2003, 12:46 PM

....any idea either a 10.2.8 fix or the release of Panther??

Time frame that is.
"I'll take a extra layer of ram on that
gigaflop sandwich mister"

joeyd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by skyman:
Did you actually time how long it took to drain the battery or did you use the battery indicator?
I used an actual clock. I started at 9:00pm and didn't drain it until 12:45am. I was actually kind of pissed, since I thought I'd get to bed by 11:00

art399
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 02:45 PM

We are taking actually battery life...not indicated battery life.

My point is valid and until "proven" otherwise, I will stick to it.

Small minded people like you who have to use words like "idiot" to make a point have no credibility on this board.
Perhaps you're too "small minded" to realize, but correcting someone and then stating "some people!" is pretty much identical to saying "idiot". Maybe you want to check your arrogant know-it-all attitude at the door, otherwise you're just a hypocrite with as little credibility as the person you admonish.

With regard to battery life, i have Panther(legally!) and just got a new 15" AlBook so i'll give 'er a try tonight, maybe watch a movie or something and see what happens. I sure hope people are right, because the first time i drained my battery i got exactly 2 hours(timed by my watch, not the fake time left indicator) before it fell asleep.

Podolsky
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2003, 04:31 PM

Is your friend a beta tester for Apple?

Where did he get a copy of 10.3?
Copies are available to Apple developers at the premier level that opt in to the software seeding program. While I am developer, I have decided to wait on planting this seed as at the moment I only have one Mac that would be a candidate and I don't want to turn it into a guinea pig......but I am excited about 10.3 and it is possible for an OS to improve power performance any number of ways. Actual mileage will have simply wait for more reports from the field. Many of us have batteries that are approaching end-of-life and it is possible that "problems" some folks think they have had with 10.2.8 were coincedental......

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 05:23 PM

I have been taking careful numbers lately, and as long as I am not doing heavy number crunching and/or rendering, I'm getting 3 hours plus off a full charge. This is with the processor set for "Automatic".

Besides simple timing, I've been plotting the reported "time remaining" versus time and extrapolating it to get a true expectation. The correction factor is about 50%; in other words, when I pull the plug on a full battery, it tells me "2:00 remaining", but I get at least 3:00.

(15" AlBook, 1.25GHz w/ stock 4200RPM drive, normal lighting)

If 10.3 gives me more than this, it would be great.

NeXTLoop
Senior User
Oct 1, 2003, 06:02 PM

It's entirely possible that 10.3 could improve the battery life that much. Has everyone already forgotten how much worse battery life was under 10.0? That was one of the stated improvements of 10.1 (it might have been 10.2) is that it brought battery life back on par with OS 9. So there's no reason to believe that its impossible for 10.3 to improve it further.

James L
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 06:14 PM

10.3 builds are all over the place right now.. there are a lot of developers out there who are seeded with the latest build.

My friend has had it installed on his machine since WWDC, and is very happy with it. I haven't spoken with him re: battery like on it though. Being the complainer that he is I am sure if there was a problem I would have heard about it by now!

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 1, 2003, 06:59 PM

All I am trying to say is that there is no way that a simple OS upgrade is going to increase battery life by almost 80%. It is not possible, PERIOD!

Yes, Panther is great and has some cool new features but an almost 80% increase in battery life is not one of them.

I truly wish it were....but its not.

And again...you are the only PowerBook user to report such a finding.

Logic and sound reasoning are against you. Sorry.
Um.

a) Jaguar had a significant *DECREASE* in battery life for many users, so an increase due to improved power management is more than possible.

b) searching the OS X forums for "battery life":
dma:
Actually I have longer battery life on my iBook running Panther 7b53 than Jaguar 10.2.6... Last night, I got the menu extra display 4 hours 50 mins for the first time in my life!! Indeed, I spent 3 hours and half in Safari, QuickTime and ICQ/iChat and still got 30 mins left (dispalyed on the menu extra).
so he is not the first to claim this.

And snidely asking where his friend got his copy of Panther makes you look a bit like a nincompoop, since it is a) of no concern to you and b) of no relevance to his experiences with the OS.

-s*

ingeniero
Oct 1, 2003, 07:22 PM

Okay, so what's the word on when Panther hits the street?

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by ingeniero:
Okay, so what's the word on when Panther hits the street?
Before the end of this month. Maybe sooner around the 15th.

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by art399:
Perhaps you're too "small minded" to realize, but correcting someone and then stating "some people!" is pretty much identical to saying "idiot". Maybe you want to check your arrogant know-it-all attitude at the door, otherwise you're just a hypocrite with as little credibility as the person you admonish.

With regard to battery life, i have Panther(legally!) and just got a new 15" AlBook so i'll give 'er a try tonight, maybe watch a movie or something and see what happens. I sure hope people are right, because the first time i drained my battery i got exactly 2 hours(timed by my watch, not the fake time left indicator) before it fell asleep.
I did not realize that was the equivalent of calling someone an idiot.

Ryan1524
Senior User
Oct 1, 2003, 08:54 PM

not calling you a liar, but a screenshot can very easily be chopped. if it's not too much hassle, can you do it again with a camera?

i so much want to believe you...but the fact that it's a screenshot is like a ahot coal stuck on my back telling it's fake, it's fake. althou i 'think' it might be real..
Ryan

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:

And snidely asking where his friend got his copy of Panther makes you look a bit like a nincompoop, since it is a) of no concern to you and b) of no relevance to his experiences with the OS.

-s*
I was asking out of simple curioisity. Period.

And Sakino was kind enough to to answer my question and then some... Thanks Sakino!

anti-sleep
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2003, 08:56 PM

Way to not acknowledge how you were proven wrong. I commend you!

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by Ryan1524:
not calling you a liar, but a screenshot can very easily be chopped. if it's not too much hassle, can you do it again with a camera?

i so much want to believe you...but the fact that it's a screenshot is like a ahot coal stuck on my back telling it's fake, it's fake. althou i 'think' it might be real..
I have been in touch with Sakino and I believe the screen shot is real.

However, if actually battery life is indeed 4.5 hours remains to be seen as there is no way anyone on these boards can prove such a thing.

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by anti-sleep:
Yes, it sure beats your insulting and immature PM you sent me.

At least you could have had the courage and decency to post it in the forum instead of insulting me via PM.

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by anti-sleep:
I have not been proven wrong.......yet.

stotan
Oct 1, 2003, 09:06 PM

if skyman doesnt believe that there are people who have actually experienced ~4 hours of batter power using panther, let him do so. there is no use arguing back and forth. it seems pretty childish

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2003, 02:48 AM

just to point out:

camera photos of the scren are even MORE easily faked, if you photoshop something and put it full screen, the discrepancies don't come out on the camera photo as easily as they do if you got an actual jpeg

and skyman:

wow. your head is denser than most dell laptops

anyone else would have given up by now. i guess there's something to be said for persistance.

grab a copy of panther and see for yourself.
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2003, 03:53 AM

Originally posted by stotan:
if skyman doesnt believe that there are people who have actually experienced ~4 hours of batter power using panther, let him do so. there is no use arguing back and forth. it seems pretty childish
which makes sense for an 11-year-old.

skyman doesn't matter. We'll all know for sure in a few weeks' time.

-s*

Peabo
Senior User
Oct 2, 2003, 06:32 AM

I have been in touch with Sakino and I believe the screen shot is real.

However, if actually battery life is indeed 4.5 hours remains to be seen as there is no way anyone on these boards can prove such a thing.
Why would so many people lie about it? The fact that many people are claiming this gives more substance to their argument, rather then that of the skeptic. How do you propose we prove it other than filming our powerbooks unplugged of 4 hours? I guess that I could say there is no proof that people get only 2 hours on Jag either. I mean, the only proof I have is people's word, which for you isn't enough
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

dennis88
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2003, 07:19 AM

I have not been proven wrong.......yet.
What is your problem, skyman?
All you do is to argue, and beeing an ass.
Sorry for the language, but you have done nothing but complaining.

beijinger
Oct 2, 2003, 08:02 AM

Did you do this on purpose, D88? you were the 88th post on this thread!

Sakino
Senior User
Oct 2, 2003, 09:13 AM

I will tell you this he has repeatedly gotten about 4.5 hours on his ti book with moderate to heavy usage. I loaded up 10.3 lastnight in hope of it solving me 1 and half hour battery life with my al pb. Screw taht I got about 2 hours of usage.
I would have been better off getting a ti book if its going to last 3x longer.

dennis88
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2003, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by beijinger:
Did you do this on purpose, D88? you were the 88th post on this thread!
Hehe, cool.
I actually didn't know.

Hmm. I feel lucky today..

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2003, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by dennis88:
What is your problem, skyman?
All you do is to argue, and beeing an ass.
Sorry for the language, but you have done nothing but complaining.
It's "being" not "beeing".

You are greatly mistaken and your comment is pure ignorance. You need to read this entire thread.

It's amazing how some people think using words like "ass", "idiot" and "beeing" make them look smart when all it does is show pure ignorance.

Sakino just stated that he installed 10.3 on his Al PowerBook and it made NO difference with the battery life.

So, how can one brand new PowerBook run for 2 hours and another brand new PowerBook run for 4.5 hours and they are both running 10.3?

Sakino
Senior User
Oct 2, 2003, 10:53 AM

You are greatly mistaken and your comment is pure ignorance. You need to read this entire thread.

It's amazing how some people think using words like "ass", "idiot" and "beeing" make them look smart when all it does is show pure ignorance.

Sakino just stated that he installed 10.3 on his Al PowerBook and it made NO difference with the battery life.

So, how can one brand new PowerBook run for 2 hours and another brand new PowerBook run for 4.5 hours and they are both running 10.3?
Let me make a note though:
Both the reports were reported by me. My roommate has a 15 inch 1 gighz ti, and I have a 15 inch al pb 1.25 gighz.

So in reality I have no idea what is going on with the current line up of 15 inch powerbooks.
For the second night in a row I watched his 15 inch ti pb go for 4-4.5 hours of moderate to heavy usage.
When I unplug my 15 al pb I feel lucky to get 2 hours.
Now we both have 10.3 installed.
I have no idea what to do, since my powerbook is basically all flaws.
I'm debating on sending it back and just getting a refund. I mean 2 hours of battery life on an 15 al pb is really bad. If I had 3.5 hours I would be happy.

Does anyone know what the battery life is for the new 12 inch and 17 inch pbs?

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2003, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by Sakino:
Let me make a note though:
Both the reports were reported by me. My roommate has a 15 inch 1 gighz ti, and I have a 15 inch al pb 1.25 gighz.

So in reality I have no idea what is going on with the current line up of 15 inch powerbooks.
For the second night in a row I watched his 15 inch ti pb go for 4-4.5 hours of moderate to heavy usage.
When I unplug my 15 al pb I feel lucky to get 2 hours.
Now we both have 10.3 installed.
I have no idea what to do, since my powerbook is basically all flaws.
I'm debating on sending it back and just getting a refund. I mean 2 hours of battery life on an 15 al pb is really bad. If I had 3.5 hours I would be happy.

Does anyone know what the battery life is for the new 12 inch and 17 inch pbs?
Have you tried resetting the PM?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449

Sakino
Senior User
Oct 2, 2003, 11:10 AM

Have you tried resetting the PM?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449
Has this been proven to solve the current problem with the apple line up?

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2003, 11:57 AM

First of all Panther isn't finished yet so dont make claims yet. Anything you say know could change later. Also the battery meter could be screwed up to display more than you have. Just like jaguars is displaying less than you actually have right now. 10.2.8.

Wait for Panther to be released then give feedback.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2003, 11:58 AM

One more thing for people wanting to send back. Call Apple and ask about this bug. Also I imagine they will have to fix this in the last patch for jaguar. Hold your horses they will get it sorted out.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display

Fellow2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 2, 2003, 12:07 PM

People are not using words like idiot and ass to sound smart, they are simply stating their opinions.

Which mine happens to be, you are just plain idiotic.

[/B]So, how can one brand new PowerBook run for 2 hours and another brand new PowerBook run for 4.5 hours and they are both running 10.3? [/B]
You have got to be kidding me right? You really don't know how one machine can get better or worse battery life? Talk about ignorance, wow, you have just hit an all time high.

That's like asking, "I don't get it. How can one powerbook have white spots on it and the other one doesn't? But they are the same new powerbook right?"

Wow man, really, were you serious when you asked this? Maybe if you were drunk or something I could excuse it.

There are numerous reasons, the major one of course being that they are two totally different notebooks and have two totally seperate batteries. Wow, This statement is so dumb it has me laughing.

I am sure they had the exact same build of Panther, with all the exact same programs running, and the exact same power settings on also.

Thanx for making me laugh dumbass

(oh ya, that last little bit was just to make me sound smarter. How did it work?)
( Last edited by Fellow2000; Oct 2, 2003 at 12:12 PM. )

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2003, 12:24 PM

Well this is why I said lets just forget it and wait for Panther to be released then make comments. Lets stop yelling at each otehr and stuff and causing a war. Go to my thread on the Battery Problems be Happy or whatever I named it. You will find what I have posted their is proof apple is working on the issue.

well actually www.macfixit.com gets full credit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules