Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Any TVMini HD Users?

Any TVMini HD Users?
zerostar
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2007, 08:27 AM

I just ordered a TVMini HD, and was wondering if anyone else owns this piece of hardware?

Basically I have 4 standard definition TiVos that I can pull recording and archive shows, so instead of shelling out $700 for a HD TiVo right ow (while there isn't very much HD on) I opted to get the TVMini HD. I will use this on my Quad G5 to record my HD shows.

Hopefully some form of HD/DVD becomes affordable soon so I can start archiving and playing this back on my TV.

What would be my best methods of playing these HD files back on my TV? I don't have HD/DVD player of any sort but I do have HDMI/DVI and all other kinds of inputs on my TV but its pretty far away from my computer. I did run a 1000T cable back there so perhaps an Apple TV would be the way to go for my HD shows? I got a 750GB spare drive for my G5 to keep shows on, so I think im good there. should I convert these to DivX to save space? What is a good program for that?

Any input or experiences would be appreciated! (waiting for some AppleTV reviews and the hacks to start popping up!)

Oh yeah, do I get the latest version of EyeTV with my purchase or just whatever version it comes with?

Forum Links
Forum Rules