Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > No iTunes! Not Showing...

No iTunes! Not Showing...
Interstink
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2008, 11:53 AM

Was hoping to see itunes integration that worked. Apparently it doesn't work for those of us that store itunes library on external drives (Mine is ALWAYS connected).

Guess we will see a fix for this next year.

Delicious Library 2 was just WAY over hyped for what it is/does. Plus DL 1 lost my entire database and my backup didnt work so I'll give up for now.

REBELinBLUE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2008, 12:00 PM

Nope, doesn't show for me either.

It did work, but was showing lots of things which had been deleted. So I thought it must have been using the XML file, so I deleted it and allowed iTunes to recreate it, now DL doesn't show iTunes at all.

Not a big deal for me, since I did ask for it be able to be disabled as I had no need for it, just thought I'd point out that it doesn't work for me either though.

hmdonald
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2008, 01:31 PM

Not showing for me either. I have my iTunes music on a second internal drive. I've submitted a request to Delicious Monster to see what I'm doing wrong, but I assume they're still really, really swamped with other tickets.

illitrate
May 30, 2008, 06:14 AM

weird - it worked fine for me (but i've no need to the iTunes intergration, so i turned it off)
have you guys got your entire ~/Music/iTunes/ directory on an external drive then? because the way Apple says you should do it is to have the iTunes Library and iTunes Music Library.xml files on your local drive in the path i mention above, and then the actually iTunes Music directory that holds all the files can be located elsewhere using the facilities within iTunes

that's how mine was setup and i'm pretty sure it worked with DL2

REBELinBLUE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2008, 03:02 PM

No, my iTunes library is in the default location.

The only thing I have which is different is that I have my videos on an external drive.

pingudownunder
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2008, 01:45 AM

... submitted support ticket last weekend, no response as yet

Forum Links
Forum Rules