Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > My startup Login Items keeps getting deleted

My startup Login Items keeps getting deleted
Anto39x
Jan 3, 2016, 04:23 PM

Hi all....

I'm currently running 10.11.3 Beta (15D9c) and everytime I restart my computer my login items disappear.

I noticed an unusual icon in the Login Items dialog list box.... something called "Letter". I'm wondering if anyone knows what this is or how I can get rid of it. I have deleted it and added my normal startup items all over again and it keeps on re-appearing... and I'm thinking this could be the offending culprit.

I have also run a thorough virus scan on my main startup Hard Drive using AVG for Mac and nothing was found.

Anyone got any ideas.... I usually have about 12 startup items that just make my life that bit easier in the morning when I sit at my desk to start work. It's not stopping me working.... but just irritating why this is happening.

Any suggestions or comments most welcome

Regards,
Anthony

reader50
Administrator
Jan 3, 2016, 05:12 PM

Check the logs in Console. The items got removed during startup or shutdown. There should be a log entry.

Forum Links
Forum Rules