Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto: sharing albums over the internet

iPhoto: sharing albums over the internet
hodaddy
Nov 9, 2003, 02:35 PM

here's the issue: my mother lives half way across the country. i posted some pictures to my .mac homepage just fine. but, now she wants to import the photos into HER iPhoto library. seems like a reasonable enough proposition.

the only option i see available are for her to is to, one at at a time, right-click save each photo as she views it in the homepage slideshow; save to her HD; then import those photos into iPhoto.

am i missing something easy, or is this the only way to share photos across iPhoto libraries (aside from burning a disc and mailing)?

in looking for a better solution i discovered that if i publish .mac slides, i have a folder of higher resolution photos at http://homepage.mac.com/mydotmacuser...Slide%20Shows/

however, i havent been able to do anything with that folder (at least nothing simple enough i can pass on to my mother)

i dont even know--does iPhoto support the scripts folder like iTunes (via a little pulldown menu)?--i could probably walk my mom thru setting that up if i can provide a working script.

any other ideas out there?
if it aint' broke, break it.

cpac
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2003, 04:44 PM

the right-click save option is probably the best.

You might also put the photos in your iDisk's public folder, and tell you mom how to open that/copy the pictures to her HD and import them.
cpac

Forum Links
Forum Rules