Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I'm GRADUATING!!!

I'm GRADUATING!!!
phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 02:06 AM

So saturday I get to walk across that stage and pick up my diploma!!! WHO HOO NO MORE HIGH SCHOOL! It still has not settled in yet.. oh well I had to share my excitement somewhere!

P.D. <--- Currently wearing his graduation hat

Zoom_zoom
Senior User
May 28, 2004, 02:13 AM

Well done man,
finishing high school is great

http://www.paul.fuary.com.au
"You hate people!" "But I love gatherings, isn't it ironic"

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2004, 02:14 AM

congrats!!!

i forget sometimes just how early colorado gets out of school in the spring.

soul searching
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 02:19 AM

Kudos young fella. Good luck in the future.

"I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged." -- Roger Jones

phantomdragonz  (op)
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 02:22 AM

there are a few school in the area that graduated last week, I never knew we were early.. It will be hard to keep in touch with all my school friends.. but there is always college to find those... and girls!

P.D.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2004, 02:25 AM

i think ive said this, but here in NY i didn't graduate till like the 25th of june of something.

most of the colleges are either out or graduating this weekend, but the public schools traditionally get out much later.

soul searching
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 02:34 AM

Originally posted by d4nth3m4n:
i think ive said this, but here in NY i didn't graduate till like the 25th of june of something.

most of the colleges are either out or graduating this weekend, but the public schools traditionally get out much later.
I didn't graduate until June 30th but I finished school/classes around April 25th. My school, like most in Los Angeles, operates under the "track" system. Basically, three or four groups or "racks of students are in school at all times with one of them always on vacation. My track happened to be the one that ended the year first though we had classes during the summer.

"I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged." -- Roger Jones

jld
Dedicated MacNNer
May 28, 2004, 05:20 AM

Congrats! You don't go to Boulder High, by any chance, do you? I graduated from there in 2000, and I know a few people graduating from there this year.

What's next for you? CU?
12" AlBook • 15" Albook • G4 Cube • iSight • Original iPod • PB 100 • Newton 110 • Quicktake 100

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 06:32 AM

Congrats... always a nice feeling to have accomplished something!

gorickey
Posting Junkie
May 28, 2004, 08:26 AM

Congrats....

Where to now?

voyageur
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 08:35 AM

Congrats to you and all the other grads this month.

jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
May 28, 2004, 09:01 AM

Well done man....heading to college?

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 10:05 AM

Now you only have to go to college and then get your masters... because we all know, well most of us know that the masters is the new college diploma.

Good luck.
You are going to need it.

ryju
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 11:59 AM

My graduation ceremony isn't until October for some stupid reason. However I "graduate" this year as well.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2004, 12:03 PM

Congratulations, it is quite a milestone in a young persons life. All the best for your future plans.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
May 28, 2004, 03:30 PM

I'm graduating on the 9th of June and heading off to Boston University in the fall.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2004, 03:42 PM

Congrats!

I have my 5 year reunion this summer

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2004, 03:43 PM

cool man..

what's your plan?

TheMosco
Mac Elite
May 28, 2004, 05:00 PM

the past 2 weeks of high school were great. Classes were fun for the first time in 4 years. They gave us the parking lot to the football stadium on the last day of school and we tailgated in the parking lot, played various sports on the field, and celebrated with hundreds of cigars. there were cigars all over the ground when we were done, it was great. I can't even remember how many i smoked. Then the parents association gave us this huge cookout at around noon. They we went back to smoking cigars and playing games. ahh, the memories of such a great day. Then we had the that night prom at the marriot longwarf in boston and the after party at the colonial/boston sports club. The prom was great, although it was really hot on the dance floor. It was a great day. then two finals the following week, and then i had graduation last sunday. I got the silver medal in computers(AP data structure), which gave my friends plenty of ammunition for jokes but its all good.

It feels good to be done with high school, considering I just spent 4 years at an all-boys prep school where you get detention for an untucked shirt.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

goMac
Posting Junkie
May 28, 2004, 07:49 PM

Wow. My high school graduation is crazy. Not only are us seniors going all over, all my Junior friends are moving high schools. Guess its really the last hurrah for our massive clic. Ah well... life goes on...
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
May 28, 2004, 11:42 PM

best of luck, phantom dude.

phantomdragonz  (op)
Mac Elite
May 29, 2004, 12:32 AM

No I do not go to Boulder High, I go to Monarch, in the Louisville/Superior area. My plans are to go to a local community college for the first year, work on my core classes and then transfer to CU in boulder. I plan on studying Mechanical Engineering, so I should have a somewhat wide range of jobs i could go into... I dont really care as long as i get to build things or design them and make them work...

P.D.

Forum Links
Forum Rules