Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > A case where I support a creationist exhibit

A case where I support a creationist exhibit
Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2005, 04:05 PM

Board Nixes Creationism Show at Okla. Zoo

This zoo apparently has displays representing other religions and forms of spirituality and has reversed a decision to install a display representing Christian creationism. I don't know the particulars of why they reversed their decision, or if the planned display somehow contradicted policy of the zoo, but I certainly feel that if some religions are allowed to have representation, all should have the opportunity.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2005, 04:12 PM

There's really not enough detail in that story to make a decision. More description of the already existing religious displays and how they're tied in with the theme of the zoo would be nice, as would a better idea of why the board thought this display was different.

Wiskedjak  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2005, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by nonhuman
There's really not enough detail in that story to make a decision. More description of the already existing religious displays and how they're tied in with the theme of the zoo would be nice, as would a better idea of why the board thought this display was different.
I agree. I'm only saying I support such an exhibit, not necessarily the only in question.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2005, 04:20 PM

It sounds to me like they've got some religious works up for either artistic or anthropological interest purposes, whereas the creationism display was more of an evangelical thing. If somebody wanted a painting of Noah's Ark rather than an evangelical tool, I bet they would've been peachy keen.

Just from reading the article. I don't actually know any of the folks involved. I do see why a difference in intent would cause them to decide differently.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules