Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > What is homosexuality?

View Poll Results: Is homosexuality in your opinion...
Poll Options:
Neutral and genetic 20 votes (41.67%)
Wrong and genetic 0 votes (0%)
A mental illness and genetic 1 votes (2.08%)
Neutral and acquired 4 votes (8.33%)
Wrong and acquired 5 votes (10.42%)
A mental illness and acquired 3 votes (6.25%)
Neutral and agnostic 6 votes (12.50%)
Wrong and agnostic 0 votes (0%)
A mental illness and agnostic 2 votes (4.17%)
Other (please describe) 3 votes (6.25%)
All of the above 2 votes (4.17%)
None of the above 2 votes (4.17%)
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
What is homosexuality? (Page 2)
OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Which bigots? The anti-gay bigots or the pro-gay bigots?
The ones who advocate against something that doesn't affect them.

kylef
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2009, 12:11 PM

Going with the controversial "wrong and acquired" option based on my own beliefs.

Uncle Skeleton  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2009, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by kylef View Post
Going with the controversial "wrong and acquired" option based on my own beliefs.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that tally has has changed in the last week. Did you vote that way or just say you did? -- nevermind, it updated
( Last edited by Uncle Skeleton; Jun 4, 2009 at 07:44 PM. )

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 6, 2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
... I think boobs are pretty awesome. I mean, I like mine and all, but it seems like boobs are something that are universally seen in an attractive light, regardless of gender (and possibly sexual orientation, although I've never asked a gay dude what he thinks about boobs).
Yeah gay men love guys' boobs as much as you do :-]

It always amazes me that people debate and debate and debate whether people are born gay or whether they choose it, and even when they ask gay people they don't really listen to their answer. Gay men are born that way and gay women choose the life. Just ask and listen.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 6, 2009, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
Gay men are born that way and gay women choose the life. Just ask and listen.
ebuddy

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2009, 07:18 PM

Woah. What a head f()ck. lol

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2009, 01:21 AM

homosexuality is brought on by continued perverse, and lustful thought which first leads to a lust for sex so strong that the person becomes sexually aroused with both sexes. A tendency to be attracted to the same sex can arise from prolonged experience with the same sex. Homosexuality and bisexuality are based on lust not love and this is proven by the numbers of homosexuals who carry and spread STDs.

Today homosexuality has become a cultural phenomenon; much like the prefabricated personalities of goth, emo, punk rock, valley girl, jock, hippie, redneck... did I miss any. These personalities are what a person joins when they want to make friends and dont have a real sense of identity.

Homosexuality or gay pride is now the prefabricated personality for attention seekers...a person joins if they like to cry, whine, and complain about essentially nonsense things.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2009, 07:22 PM

Nah, there are a lot of gay virgins, especially youth and there are even a lot of gay people that are practically a-sexual especially the old. I have a friend who is 30 and has only slept with one person, his first boyfriend that he married and has been with for 9 years and truly loves. Also he doesn't have any fabricated personality, STDs, nor many friends nor does he seek attention nor cry, whine, nor complain. Your broad and baseless generalizations are pretty out of place in a forum where thinking people are found.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 17, 2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
homosexuality is brought on by continued perverse, and lustful thought which first leads to a lust for sex so strong that the person becomes sexually aroused with both sexes. A tendency to be attracted to the same sex can arise from prolonged experience with the same sex. Homosexuality and bisexuality are based on lust not love and this is proven by the numbers of homosexuals who carry and spread STDs.

Today homosexuality has become a cultural phenomenon; much like the prefabricated personalities of goth, emo, punk rock, valley girl, jock, hippie, redneck... did I miss any. These personalities are what a person joins when they want to make friends and dont have a real sense of identity.

Homosexuality or gay pride is now the prefabricated personality for attention seekers...a person joins if they like to cry, whine, and complain about essentially nonsense things.
Funny how so few gay people actually fit any of those stereotypes.

(I’m still going to assume you were taking the piss.)

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 18, 2009, 12:11 AM

I was so distracted by the bigotry of your posting when I first replied that the absurdity of it didn't really hit me for an hour or so.

First you say that being gay is caused by thinking about straight sex so much that it leads to bi and then homo attraction.
Then you say it's caused by experiences with the same sex without saying if you mean sexual or any close experiences.
Then you say it's based on lust, and actually make a valid point about promiscuity and its consequences.
Then you say it's caused by wanting friends but not having a real identity and thinking being gay is somehow cool.
Then you say it caused by wanting attention and wanting to complain about nonsense.

I sincerely doubt if anyone agrees that gay people got that way by thinking about straight sex too much (and if you meant they got that way from thinking about gay sex too much then duh, obviously gay people think about gay sex every 11 seconds like anyone else.) Maybe gay people become gay from having too much gay sex but that's pretty much putting the cart before the horse and doesn't explain how almost all gay people identify themselves as gay to themselves before they even have sex. And where you get this stuff about people becoming gay to be cool and in with the crowd I don't know but there are plenty of straight people who hang around with gay people and never dream of becoming gay to fit in with them. It's not a club or scene that you have to join, and it certainly doesn't explain all the gay goths and emos and punk rockers and valley girls and jocks and hippies and rednecks etc. And the only think gay people complain about is bigotry and discrimination. That would be like becoming Jewish to complain about people that hate Jews, or poor to complain about the treatment of the impoverished . And you yourself have proven that you don't need to identify as gay to complain about nonsense... you just have to be so dumb and drunk and closeted that you dig thru old threads to troll for reasons to hate yourself because you're so scared of who you really are. Actual straight people don't think like you.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2009, 12:39 AM

^

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 18, 2009, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by mrtew
And the only think gay people complain about is bigotry and discrimination.
And the price of the latest Gucci bag, don’t forget that. THAT WAS SARCASM!!!

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2009, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
I was so distracted by the bigotry of your posting when I first replied that the absurdity of it didn't really hit me for an hour or so.
no not bigoted, unless disliking annoying people is bigotry. I actually never had anything against gays in the past. It's just that they're so damn annoying, everywhere I go it's gay rights this and gay pride that every time you turn on the tv gay gay gay gay gay. They're just so in our face all the time. I got it! you all wanna put it up the butt.. why do the rest of us have to hear about it!? Keep your damn sex life to YOURSELF. You want to get married slap a ring on the persons finger and call it married, the government need not be involved.

Of course the whole reason they wont keep it to themselves is because they want attention.
First you say that being gay is caused by thinking about straight sex so much that it leads to bi and then homo attraction.
Then you say it's caused by experiences with the same sex without saying if you mean sexual or any close experiences.
Then you say it's based on lust, and actually make a valid point about promiscuity and its consequences.
Then you say it's caused by wanting friends but not having a real identity and thinking being gay is somehow cool.
Then you say it caused by wanting attention and wanting to complain about nonsense.
first I didnt say they became gay by thinking about straight sex; I just said sex. And this isn't a then then then step latter, Im just giving a short explanation of what gay is and what it has evolved into. I don't view gayness in the conventional sense that unscientific people do. Its not black and white gay or straight... homosexuality is showing itself to be just another form of hypersexuality. They don't tend to just have sex with 1 person or one gender for that matter; they call themselves gay then they go out and mate with both genders.

If we look at what gay was 50 years ago and what it has become we can clearly see the cultural phenomenon. In my global travels I am constantly running into town festivals where the focal point is homosexuality, these gay events have become family entertainment...its like going to the rodeo.. Gayness has gone from just a few people to everyone and their bother's dog.

And where you get this stuff about people becoming gay to be cool and in with the crowd I don't know but there are plenty of straight people who hang around with gay people and never dream of becoming gay to fit in with them. ....
That would be like becoming Jewish to complain about people that hate Jews, ....
actually it would be like becoming Jewish to have something to complain about; to have somebody to blame your lifes problems on. Gays are attention seekers, they like being "bashed" 'cause then they can scream about it and rally up; it brings them together. Now days gays try to get other people to be as sexual as them so they can ultimately recruit them for the lifestyle. Think of all the complaining they do and yet they have the same rights as everyone else.
you just have to be so dumb and drunk and closeted that you dig thru old threads to troll for reasons to hate yourself because you're so scared of who you really are. Actual straight people don't think like you.
i didnt dig up an old thread.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 19, 2009, 06:46 PM

homosexuality is showing itself to be just another form of hypersexuality. They don't tend to just have sex with 1 person or one gender for that matter; they call themselves gay then they go out and mate with both genders.
Erm, no, that would be those who call themselves bi, generally.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 19, 2009, 07:31 PM

Dude your arguments and observations are so totally off the wall that I don't really know how to get a handle on them, but you seem so sincere and passionate about your beliefs about other people which I think you know very little about that I think I can't just let them stand.

no not bigoted, unless disliking annoying people is bigotry. I actually never had anything against gays in the past. It's just that they're so damn annoying, everywhere I go it's gay rights this and gay pride that every time you turn on the tv gay gay gay gay gay. They're just so in our face all the time. I got it! you all wanna put it up the butt.. why do the rest of us have to hear about it!? Keep your damn sex life to YOURSELF. You want to get married slap a ring on the persons finger and call it married, the government need not be involved.
Do you read the newspaper and see the straight wedding announcements not to mention the huge public ceremonies and think to yourself that they are rubbing their penis/vag sex in everyone's face? You clearly think that being gay is all about sex but it's just not true. Most gay relationships would be almost exactly the same except for about 10 minutes a few times a week without any sex, just like straight relationships. Stop reducing your fellow humans to just a dismissive slur dude. It's about love. Sex doesn't keep people together for years and years and years when there is free gay sex everywhere. You probably just don't see the 95% of gay people that don't bug you and think they are all parading around in assless chaps recruiting you.

Of course the whole reason they wont keep it to themselves is because they want attention.
Don't use the phrase 'of course' when you're making your ridiculous statements. Gay people have been jailed and killed and beaten for most of history and finally have much equality in society. The only complaining they do is about government discrimination in violation of the principals of equality. Is that truly meaningless to you?

first I didnt say they became gay by thinking about straight sex; I just said sex. And this isn't a then then then step latter, Im just giving a short explanation of what gay is and what it has evolved into. I don't view gayness in the conventional sense that unscientific people do. Its not black and white gay or straight... homosexuality is showing itself to be just another form of hypersexuality. They don't tend to just have sex with 1 person or one gender for that matter; they call themselves gay then they go out and mate with both genders.
So do they become gay because they are sex maniacs or because they are immature attention seekers who want friends to back them up? And it REALLY sounds like you are saying that gay sex is a result of too much straight sex. I don't think most straight poeple would start having sex with the same sex no matter how much they love it or have it, and I don't think most gay people ever have straight sex apart from a little experimentation in college.

If we look at what gay was 50 years ago and what it has become we can clearly see the cultural phenomenon. In my global travels I am constantly running into town festivals where the focal point is homosexuality, these gay events have become family entertainment...its like going to the rodeo.. Gayness has gone from just a few people to everyone and their bother's dog.
There aren't really more gay people, they just used to be murdered and jailed and beaten and killed themselves and pretended to be straight to avoid the first three. Now they have picnics. Why do you hate it so much anyway. Just because it makes you think about putting it in the butt? I really think that's it. Stop thinking about it everytime you hear the word gay gay gay.

actually it would be like becoming Jewish to have something to complain about; to have somebody to blame your lifes problems on.
That's what I just said. I was attempting to show you how ridiculous you are but I guess it didn't work.

Gays are attention seekers, they like being "bashed" 'cause then they can scream about it and rally up; it brings them together. Now days gays try to get other people to be as sexual as them so they can ultimately recruit them for the lifestyle. Think of all the complaining they do and yet they have the same rights as everyone else.
You are totally wrong about everything in this ridiculous rant. Most states have amended their constitutions rather than give gay people equal rights. Every court that has ruled on the issue has unanimously said that the principal of equal protection under law requires equal marriage rights for gay people and 52% of the population steps into the voting booth and decides that they'll just fix the constitution so it no longer applies to gay people. That's really what's being amended... they part that says All Men Are Created Equal and have Equal Rights Under the Law. And you come along and say that gay people have the same rights as everyone else and just have gay sex for attention and for the purpose of complaining. Hopefully you're just a troll and not really that clueless.

Forum Links
Forum Rules