Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Are you getting the H1N1 vaccine?

Are you getting the H1N1 vaccine? (Page 3)
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2009, 05:23 PM

Well, before I get shots, I wanna see pigs fly. For real.

I think it's a scam, because everyone knows that pigs can't fly.

If it was grilled bacon flu, I might consider it.

-t

Phileas
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2009, 05:34 PM

I had a flu some weeks back, whether it was swine I am not sure of. All I know that I hadn't felt as bad for years. Knocked me out for a week, and I very rarely get sick.

Not sure if I'll be getting the shot, but my wife will.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2009, 05:35 PM

Grilled bacon flu & cheese.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Eug
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2009, 09:03 PM

Got the shot a few hours ago. Now my arm hurts. Ow.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Got the shot a few hours ago. Now my arm hurts. Ow.
That's just the tuberculosis.

paul w
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2009, 01:54 PM

Just had the 11 month old daughter get her first of two shots.

The things got uncomfortable when the pediatrician suggested my wife and I get them as well, and I told him that since he wasn't an immunologist or pathologist his opinion had no weight.

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2009, 03:54 PM

I'm not getting it, but that's because I already had the H1N1 this past May.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

Eug
Clinically Insane
Oct 30, 2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by paul w View Post
Just had the 11 month old daughter get her first of two shots.

The things got uncomfortable when the pediatrician suggested my wife and I get them as well, and I told him that since he wasn't an immunologist or pathologist his opinion had no weight.
Wow, that's a pretty obnoxious thing to say.

P.S. Most pathologists don't even see patients, which makes your statement pretty odd already.

paul w
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2009, 11:00 AM

I was kidding

Rainbow-Rider
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2009, 01:02 PM

My 2 sense -

I can't imagine getting the vaccine after watching Dr. Bloklock's interview and knowing what I know about the brain & toxicity. Here is a Doctor (& Neuroscientist) explaining the toxic ingredients within the immunization and the potential effects on the brain. We know that the brain is the "command centre" for our bodies and we have a lacks-a-daisy view of the big picture.

For instance: Tamara Jo Mariea, PhD, CCN Environmental/Biochemical & Certified Clinical Nutritionist spoke at an event I attended. What I got from her talk was that mercury (found in immunizations) affects the brain something like this: the mercury from the immunization goes into the blood stream, travels to the brain and gets absorbed into the cells. This toxin hardens the walls of each cell trapping it'self inside. The process of hardening disables the electro-communication (that cells are designed to do with each other) to cease, leaving the cells unable to communicate. Our brains are firing millions of communications amongst each other all the time and if cells begin to malfunction, the brain is designed to "prune" or kill off the compromised &/or dying cells BUT in this case, there is only blocked communication so the brain doesn't prune. It just continues to loose the capacity to communicate which leaves the brain unable to function as it should. Of course, every person is different and this phenomenon affects each one uniquely and according to their physical health & developmental makeup. The bottom line being that Tamera is having success in her studies ~ she is changing the brains of autistic children by detoxig the brain of mercury. Why on Earth would we knowingly inject this into our children is beyond me.

Personally, I CAN'T allow that for myself & will do all I can to support and build my bodies natural immune system. Let's face it ~ originally, our body's were designed to strive for optimum health. Our bodies have the capacity to heal and repair YET our societal habits have gotten so far away from healthy living & it's like we've neglected to remember our own bodies role in nature. We've become dumned into thinking that this magical vessel we live in (our bodies) need outside influences to assist it. WHAT A LOAD OF B.S.!

In my opinion: A great start would be to get back to natural food: without chemicals, genetic mutations, pesticides; and return to respecting the animals & honouring the food chain (ie: pigs, chickens and cows eating ground meat & corn diets etc is simply wrong); and learn to focus on what it takes to BUILD UP OUR IMMUNE SYSTEMS with healthy, natural products.

Strip away all the hype and it really comes down to profits. Shame on those who bank profits in the name of "health".

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2009, 02:07 PM

That's a lot more than two "sense" [sic].

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

JellyBeen
Senior User
Oct 31, 2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow-Rider View Post
My 2 sense -

I can't imagine getting the vaccine after watching Dr. Bloklock's interview and knowing what I know about the brain & toxicity. Here is a Doctor (& Neuroscientist) explaining the toxic ingredients within the immunization and the potential effects on the brain. We know that the brain is the "command centre" for our bodies and we have a lacks-a-daisy view of the big picture.

For instance: Tamara Jo Mariea, PhD, CCN Environmental/Biochemical & Certified Clinical Nutritionist spoke at an event I attended. What I got from her talk was that mercury (found in immunizations) affects the brain something like this: the mercury from the immunization goes into the blood stream, travels to the brain and gets absorbed into the cells. This toxin hardens the walls of each cell trapping it'self inside. The process of hardening disables the electro-communication (that cells are designed to do with each other) to cease, leaving the cells unable to communicate. Our brains are firing millions of communications amongst each other all the time and if cells begin to malfunction, the brain is designed to "prune" or kill off the compromised &/or dying cells BUT in this case, there is only blocked communication so the brain doesn't prune. It just continues to loose the capacity to communicate which leaves the brain unable to function as it should. Of course, every person is different and this phenomenon affects each one uniquely and according to their physical health & developmental makeup. The bottom line being that Tamera is having success in her studies ~ she is changing the brains of autistic children by detoxig the brain of mercury. Why on Earth would we knowingly inject this into our children is beyond me.

Personally, I CAN'T allow that for myself & will do all I can to support and build my bodies natural immune system. Let's face it ~ originally, our body's were designed to strive for optimum health. Our bodies have the capacity to heal and repair YET our societal habits have gotten so far away from healthy living & it's like we've neglected to remember our own bodies role in nature. We've become dumned into thinking that this magical vessel we live in (our bodies) need outside influences to assist it. WHAT A LOAD OF B.S.!

In my opinion: A great start would be to get back to natural food: without chemicals, genetic mutations, pesticides; and return to respecting the animals & honouring the food chain (ie: pigs, chickens and cows eating ground meat & corn diets etc is simply wrong); and learn to focus on what it takes to BUILD UP OUR IMMUNE SYSTEMS with healthy, natural products.

Strip away all the hype and it really comes down to profits. Shame on those who bank profits in the name of "health".
You did yourself great service in informing yourself. Unfortunately, the herd mentality is often the driving force of decision making.
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2009, 03:06 PM

What I got from her talk was that mercury (found in immunizations) affects the brain something like this: the mercury from the immunization goes into the blood stream, travels to the brain and gets absorbed into the cells. This toxin hardens the walls of each cell trapping it'self inside. The process of hardening disables the electro-communication (that cells are designed to do with each other) to cease, leaving the cells unable to communicate. Our brains are firing millions of communications amongst each other all the time and if cells begin to malfunction, the brain is designed to "prune" or kill off the compromised &/or dying cells BUT in this case, there is only blocked communication so the brain doesn't prune. It just continues to loose the capacity to communicate which leaves the brain unable to function as it should. Of course, every person is different and this phenomenon affects each one uniquely and according to their physical health & developmental makeup. The bottom line being that Tamera is having success in her studies ~ she is changing the brains of autistic children by detoxig the brain of mercury. Why on Earth would we knowingly inject this into our children is beyond me.
The medical community knows mercury is toxic. This isn't news. But everything is toxic - water or air will kill you if you get too much of it. What matters is dosage. The meds believe the amount of mercury used in vaccines is below toxicity. That's why we knowingly inject it into our children.

BTW, I'm getting the H1N1 shot on Monday. Work requirements.

Rainbow-Rider
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2009, 03:11 PM

You did yourself great service in informing yourself. Unfortunately, the herd mentality is often the driving force of decision making.
Sad, but true!

Rainbow-Rider
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2009, 03:17 PM

The medical community knows mercury is toxic. This isn't news. But everything is toxic - water or air will kill you if you get too much of it. What matters is dosage. The meds believe the amount of mercury used in vaccines is below toxicity. That's why we knowingly inject it into our children.
Yes, understood. However, don't loose sight that - it BUILDS within us - and every "below toxicity" dosage adds up.

JellyBeen
Senior User
Oct 31, 2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post

BTW, I'm getting the H1N1 shot on Monday. Work requirements.
"When asked what vaccines still contain the mercury-based,
thimerosal, Ayoub said, "The major culprit today is the influenza vaccine." About 80% of flu vaccines contain as much as 25 micrograms of mercury per dose. Since the EPA has set a limit of 0.1 mcg/kg (1 kg =2.2 lbs), Ayoub warns, everyone who receives the vaccine will be overdosed.

He explained that in 1999, "the Public Health Service (including the CDC and FDA), the American Academy of Pediatrics, and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal levels in vaccines should be reduced or eliminated."

However, he adds, "Contradicting its own policy, the CDC then increased mercury exposure to the fetus and infant by allowing the inoculation of pregnant women and young infants with the mercury-containing influenza vaccine."

Rainbow-Rider
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2009, 05:41 PM

I sure hope that SOMEBODY is tracking the (post-vaccine) health of the population of all the recipients of the H1N1 immunization. Mark my words... that data will speak volumes over the next 5 or 10 years.
[steps off her soapbox]

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2009, 06:24 PM

I sure hope that SOMEBODY is tracking the (post-vaccine) health of the population of all the recipients of the H1N1 immunization. Mark my words... that data will speak volumes over the next 5 or 10 years.
[steps off her soapbox]
I agree. I bet a large number of them will be dead within the next 70-80 years.
( Last edited by cjrivera; Oct 31, 2009 at 07:10 PM. )
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

Eug
Clinically Insane
Oct 31, 2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by cjrivera View Post
I agree. I bet they large number of them will be dead within the next 70-80 years.
Even "large number of them" might be underestimating things. I betcha over 90% of them will be dead within that time period.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 31, 2009, 10:16 PM

I got it because I have asthma and wanted to be safe. I'm hoping I won't have to get it again next year, but if there's a different strain next time I'll probably do so again.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Rainbow-Rider
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2009, 09:48 PM

...sliding in...

If two friends are standing together and one is healthy, fit, gets a good night sleep (5 nights a week), and the other friend has recurring headaches, chronically tired and often stressed out... and the H1N1 drifts by. What do you think will happen to each person once they've been exposed? My theory is the healthy person will probably come down with a nasty flu and the other friend (who is already vulnerable on so many levels) will get very sick and potentially die which is very sad and scary. And then of course, there are those who have been immunized. It's them I'm worried about.
JELLYBEEN (you do your homework) - "He explained that in 1999, "the Public Health Service (including the CDC and FDA), the American Academy of Pediatrics, and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal levels in vaccines should be reduced or eliminated."
I'm not worried about folks getting immunized. I'm worried about what is in that cocktail vaccine. I bet they could just put pure virus and nothing else into us... or at least find some other un-toxic carrier they can use that the body can tolerate. Why mercury and aluminum for God's sake? and WHY DO THEY HAVE TO INJECT IT AT ALL? I'm no doctor but when we catch a virus it doesn't HAVE to be in our bloodstream. It can be airborne, we can lick it off our fingers or rub it in our eyes. So why not create a line of body friendly virus inhalants, in a yummy sucker or even, in gum form? Anything!!!... but mix it with mercury and inject it into my bloodstream. Mercy Me! Take the flu shot if you choose BUT know the whole truth AND explore other solutions to protect yourselves.
lpkmckenna - "The medical community knows mercury is toxic. This isn't news. But everything is toxic - water or air will kill you if you get too much of it."
I may be naive but, what if it's as simple as each of us personally applying educated facts of body nutrition with a focus on how to build the immune system (not clear cut like Canada's Food Guide) and enhance our metabolism with educated decisions about everyday food. I've purged as many toxins as possible by looking in my household & personal care product choices. Our bodies are constantly exposed to environmental toxins, products we use on a daily basis. All this puts stress on the body which weakens the immune system. There's toxins in our food, water & air... yada yada yada.... and just as corrosive, the toxins in the relationships we dance with in our lives. All that stress weakens the immune system and adds more stress which continues to weaken our immunities etc. This leaves (JMO) the most important bit - which is to figure out HOW to create a society that sustains this aspiration with integrity.

Wow ~ It won't be easy, but I think I've glimpsed Utopia!

...sliding out...
( Last edited by Rainbow-Rider; Nov 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: grammer)

paul w
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2009, 10:17 PM

Until someone can show me with something other than specious logic (ie an actual clinical peer reviewed study) that mercury in vaccines is harmful, leads to autism, I'll go with the vaccine. Enjoy the fearmongering though.

Will we vaccinate our child or ourselves every flu season? I don't know, we'll see.

Rainbow-Rider
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2009, 05:12 PM

PAUL W - Enjoy the fearmongering though.
I am disappointed that you refer to an expression of information & genuine concern as fearmongering but I don't take it personal. I know which side of the fence I'm on and I am not judging anyone for their choices.

For more credible info: ALERT: Special Swine Flu Update

paul w
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2009, 05:25 PM

That link doesn't exactly scream credibility (it sures seems to be screaming something, however. Thanks for the heads up on the autoplaying audio...).

Maybe it's me and that I'm too used to the sober tone of scientific journals.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2009, 09:21 PM

Well I guess I don't need to be vaccinated now that I have it...

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2009, 10:55 PM

No.

I don't believe in these types of shots, plus I think I may already have been infected

Been awful sick for 5 days now, especially in the chest. I'll live another day I'm sure, and maybe longer than those getting the shot.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2009, 10:59 PM

Dr. Blocklock is a very well known quack. Yes, he is a board certified neurosurgeon, but he doesn't actually do any surgery. He treats neurological diseases and disorders through homeopathic witch doctoring. He has assertions, not evidence, that are are contradictory to any medical findings.

He honestly believes that Communists are responsible for hepatitis, AIDS, and various venereal diseases, as a way to undermine Christianity in America.

What I got from her talk was that mercury (found in immunizations) affects the brain something like this: the mercury from the immunization goes into the blood stream, travels to the brain and gets absorbed into the cells.
There is not enough mercury in a vaccination to do anything. You're talking about micrograms of mercury. If you drank all the mercury in a old thermometer, do you know what would happen? Nothing. That's because your body doesn't readily absorb mercury in its liquid state. Mercury becomes dangerous when it starts to evaporate (which is at room temperature, which makes it dangerous).

There have been decades of research into mercury based sterilizers. There has be zero link between vaccinations and autism. In fact, when the CDC had thimerosol removed as a precaution, autism cases either remained steady or even increased in some populations.

The bottom line being that Tamera is having success in her studies ~ she is changing the brains of autistic children by detoxig the brain of mercury.
She's lying. First of all, you can't "detox" the brain of mercury. There are very few drugs that have any measurable affect on mercury levels in your body. Secondly, the effects of mercury poisoning are different than that of autism. She is trying to link two completely different disorders, neither of which have anything to do with each other.

Vaccines do not cause autism.

Why on Earth would we knowingly inject this into our children is beyond me.
To keep your children from dying from preventable disease that would otherwise cripple or most likely kill your child or someone else's child. That's why.

Personally, I CAN'T allow that for myself & will do all I can to support and build my bodies natural immune system. Let's face it ~ originally, our body's were designed to strive for optimum health. Our bodies have the capacity to heal and repair YET our societal habits have gotten so far away from healthy living & it's like we've neglected to remember our own bodies role in nature. We've become dumned into thinking that this magical vessel we live in (our bodies) need outside influences to assist it.
Your body became immune over a few million years of evolution, not from simply developing antibodies for every disease. There is little to no difference (other than risk) to taking a vaccine or letting your body develop antibodies naturally. The end result is the same. If you're concerned about developing your antibodies naturally, you can take a myst vaccine.

WHAT A LOAD OF B.S.!
The B.S. is people not vaccinating their children, then your child infecting an entire school and someone else's child dies. I hope you're ready to take responsibility for you decisions, because it's looking more and more likely you may be held responsible for the death of someone else's child for refusing to vaccinate your own children.

Can't go wrong with eating healthy, but be prepared to pay 3x or 4x as much for that food, and restricting your selection to seasonal foods only.

You mean people like Dr. Bloklock and Dr. Mariea that charge people for crap that doesn't work, offering false promises, and turning people away from proven medicine that we know works. People like chiropractors, nutritionists, and absolutely any other homeopathic quack out there.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2009, 11:19 PM

My theory is the healthy person will probably come down with a nasty flu and the other friend (who is already vulnerable on so many levels) will get very sick and potentially die which is very sad and scary. And then of course, there are those who have been immunized. It's them I'm worried about.
I don't understand what your story has to do with your concern.

I'm not worried about folks getting immunized. I'm worried about what is in that cocktail vaccine. I bet they could just put pure virus and nothing else into us... or at least find some other un-toxic carrier they can use that the body can tolerate. Why mercury and aluminum for God's sake?
Your body can tolerate it.

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO INJECT IT AT ALL?
They don't.

I'm no doctor but when we catch a virus it doesn't HAVE to be in our bloodstream.
Yes it does, that's how you develop antibodies.

It can be airborne, we can lick it off our fingers or rub it in our eyes. So why not create a line of body friendly virus inhalants, in a yummy sucker or even, in gum form? Anything!!!... but mix it with mercury and inject it into my bloodstream.
You can take an inhaler myst form of most vaccines which contains (mostly) dead versions of the virus. There is a very slight chance you can get sick from the myst version. It is impossible to get sick from the injection.

Mercy Me! Take the flu shot if you choose BUT know the whole truth AND explore other solutions to protect yourselves.
The problem here seems to be the truth. You're taking in a lot of misinformation and treating it as "fact."

I may be naive but, what if it's as simple as each of us personally applying educated facts of body nutrition with a focus on how to build the immune system (not clear cut like Canada's Food Guide) and enhance our metabolism with educated decisions about everyday food.
If you need educated facts about body nutrition, see your physician and he or she can recommend you a dietician. Nutritionists are quacks that convince people they need to take food supplements. Like chiropractors or faith healers, anyone can label themselves as a nutritionist.

A dietician is a board certified medical professional with a degree that actually knows that they're talking about.

I've purged as many toxins as possible by looking in my household & personal care product choices. Our bodies are constantly exposed to environmental toxins, products we use on a daily basis. All this puts stress on the body which weakens the immune system. There's toxins in our food, water & air... yada yada yada.... and just as corrosive, the toxins in the relationships we dance with in our lives.
There's no such thing as detoxing your body.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2009, 11:22 PM

I don't mean to sound condescending, but it's very clear you're being taken in by all this misinformation. If you have questions, seriously, see your doctor. Don't go to some seminar that only exists to sell books.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2009, 08:00 AM

Hate to break it to you olepigeon, but you definitely can get sick from the injection form, many have and many will.

You can even have extreme adverse reactions.

While Rainbow-Rider may have his/her tin hat on, I do believe the flu shot will just leave us more susceptible to future diseases.

We need our immune system to naturally gain immunity to these viruses, plus these pandemics help cull the population.

paul w
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2009, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by kmkkid View Post
While Rainbow-Rider may have his/her tin hat on, I do believe the flu shot will just leave us more susceptible to future diseases.

We need our immune system to naturally gain immunity to these viruses, plus these pandemics help cull the population.
Complete and utter nonsense. As far as our immune system is concerned, the result is the same whether we have the vaccine or are infected with that particular virus otherwise.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 4, 2009, 11:19 AM

Hate to break it to you olepigeon, but you definitely can get sick from the injection form, many have and many will.

But you can't actually get the flu from getting a flu shot. You could develop flu-like symptoms while your body reacts to the virus that's been injected into you, but you don't actually get the flu.

At least that's what I've heard.

JellyBeen
Senior User
Nov 4, 2009, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
Dr. Blocklock is a very well known quack. Yes, he is a board certified neurosurgeon, but he doesn't actually do any surgery. He treats neurological diseases and disorders through homeopathic witch doctoring. He has assertions, not evidence, that are are contradictory to any medical findings.

He honestly believes that Communists are responsible for hepatitis, AIDS, and various venereal diseases, as a way to undermine Christianity in America.

There is not enough mercury in a vaccination to do anything. You're talking about micrograms of mercury. If you drank all the mercury in a old thermometer, do you know what would happen? Nothing. That's because your body doesn't readily absorb mercury in its liquid state. Mercury becomes dangerous when it starts to evaporate (which is at room temperature, which makes it dangerous).

There have been decades of research into mercury based sterilizers. There has be zero link between vaccinations and autism. In fact, when the CDC had thimerosol removed as a precaution, autism cases either remained steady or even increased in some populations.

She's lying. First of all, you can't "detox" the brain of mercury. There are very few drugs that have any measurable affect on mercury levels in your body. Secondly, the effects of mercury poisoning are different than that of autism. She is trying to link two completely different disorders, neither of which have anything to do with each other.

Vaccines do not cause autism.

To keep your children from dying from preventable disease that would otherwise cripple or most likely kill your child or someone else's child. That's why.

Your body became immune over a few million years of evolution, not from simply developing antibodies for every disease. There is little to no difference (other than risk) to taking a vaccine or letting your body develop antibodies naturally. The end result is the same. If you're concerned about developing your antibodies naturally, you can take a myst vaccine.

The B.S. is people not vaccinating their children, then your child infecting an entire school and someone else's child dies. I hope you're ready to take responsibility for you decisions, because it's looking more and more likely you may be held responsible for the death of someone else's child for refusing to vaccinate your own children.

Can't go wrong with eating healthy, but be prepared to pay 3x or 4x as much for that food, and restricting your selection to seasonal foods only.

You mean people like Dr. Bloklock and Dr. Mariea that charge people for crap that doesn't work, offering false promises, and turning people away from proven medicine that we know works. People like chiropractors, nutritionists, and absolutely any other homeopathic quack out there.
Your arrogance becomes you, keep it up, you're definitely on the right track.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2009, 01:31 PM

Like chiropractors or faith healers.
My father was near-crippled a decade ago due to a long life of hard physical work. He went to a Chiropractor for a little over a year and says he hasn't felt this good since he was 40 (he's 60). Chiropractors are not witch doctors or Faith healers, and the fact you compare the two should be a little embarrassing for you.

How does a man with crippling back and leg pain for many years get better from 'sorcery,' huh?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 4, 2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
My father was near-crippled a decade ago due to a long life of hard physical work. He went to a Chiropractor for a little over a year and says he hasn't felt this good since he was 40 (he's 60). Chiropractors are not witch doctors or Faith healers, and the fact you compare the two should be a little embarrassing for you.

How does a man with crippling back and leg pain for many years get better from 'sorcery,' huh?
Placebo effect.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 02:06 PM

No, you can't. Period. The injection does not contain a live version of the virus, it only contains a part of the virus. It's like saying an arm is a person. No, it's an arm. By itself it does not do anything, nor does it even constitute being a person.

You can have an allergic reaction if you're allergic to eggs. You can not get sick from the injection itself.

If you want to develop your immune system naturally, you can take the myst form which actually contains a weakened version of the virus. This will activate all three receptors in your body. However, there is zero evidence that indicates an immune system is weakened by injection, or that someone who gets regular flu shots has a weaker immune system than someone that gets sick naturally.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 02:23 PM

Chiropractors are not witch doctors or Faith healers, and the fact you compare the two should be a little embarrassing for you.
Yes, they are. I am not embarrassed to say so. They are people who like to pretend they're doctors. They run around in lab coats with "Dr." in their name, selling people snake oil. Chiropractors, reflexologists, etc. They are not medical doctors, it's purely an academic degree because no board of medicine will ever allow those quacks to be called a MD.

The basic belief with chiropractic is that the body (not the person) is an independent, living entity. At the center of this entity is the spine. All physical ailments are the result of the spine being out of position; that the spine needs to be adjusted. You can cure any physical aliment by adjusting the spine; arthritis, ingrown toenails, polio, etc. You just have to keep going back to the chiropractor for regular sessions until his yacht is paid off. Reflexology is exactly the same, except it's all your problems are in the feet instead of the spine.

Your dad was playing Russian roulette with his chiropractor. People die or have serious neurological damage due to chiropractic every single year. Violent "adjusting" of the vertebrate is a ridiculous notion. The most common serious side affect due to chiropractic is damage to the cortical artery resulting in stroke and even death.

Deep tissue message, physical therapy, and placebo. Chiropractic did not help your father, that's why chiropractors are encouraged to also be a masseuse and/or physical therapist. They use proven methods, then lie to you that chiropractic somehow magically cured you.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JellyBeen View Post
Your arrogance becomes you, keep it up, you're definitely on the right track.
I may be arrogant, but I'm also most likely correct. My information comes from peer reviewed medical journals, not some quack at a seminar.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
But you can't actually get the flu from getting a flu shot. You could develop flu-like symptoms while your body reacts to the virus that's been injected into you, but you don't actually get the flu.

At least that's what I've heard.
That is pretty much correct. In more serious cases, it is because the recipient was allergic to eggs and developed a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 02:48 PM

Yes, they are. I am not embarrassed to say so. They are people who like to pretend they're doctors. They run around in lab coats with "Dr." in their name, selling people snake oil. Chiropractors, reflexologists, etc. They are not medical doctors, it's purely an academic degree because no board of medicine will ever allow those quacks to be called a MD.

The basic belief with chiropractic is that the body (not the person) is an independent, living entity. At the center of this entity is the spine. All physical ailments are the result of the spine being out of position; that the spine needs to be adjusted. You can cure any physical aliment by adjusting the spine; arthritis, ingrown toenails, polio, etc. You just have to keep going back to the chiropractor for regular sessions until his yacht is paid off. Reflexology is exactly the same, except it's all your problems are in the feet instead of the spine.

Your dad was playing Russian roulette with his chiropractor. People die or have serious neurological damage due to chiropractic every single year. Violent "adjusting" of the vertebrate is a ridiculous notion. The most common serious side affect due to chiropractic is damage to the cortical artery resulting in stroke and even death.

Deep tissue message, physical therapy, and placebo. Chiropractic did not help your father, that's why chiropractors are encouraged to also be a masseuse and/or physical therapist. They use proven methods, then lie to you that chiropractic somehow magically cured you.
Just to chime in - my chiropractor is also a Medical Doctor. He helped me avoid surgery with his treatment. Perhaps that's unique, because I generally agree with you on the chiropractic issue.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by osiris View Post
Just to chime in - my chiropractor is also a Medical Doctor. He helped me avoid surgery with his treatment. Perhaps that's unique, because I generally agree with you on the chiropractic issue.
I suggest you get a new doctor. What surgery, if you don't mind telling.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2009, 03:20 PM

Was it a widening or a lengthening?

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 03:21 PM

Dequervain's tendonitis. One doctor suggested surgery on my right wrist. By way of David Geffen, I was introduced to a Medical Doctor/Chiropractor in NYC who provided me with an alternative treatment. I spent nearly six months in therapy - that was over 15 years ago. Everything works like a charm now, thankfully.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 03:24 PM

OK, so, how would adjusting your back help your wrist?

Surgery is optional, by the way. It depends on how fast you want to deal with it. Six months of stretching and physical therapy will alleviate most forms of tendonitis. You could have done it for free with a simple pamphlet from your orthopedic surgeon.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 4, 2009, 03:27 PM

Because its less work when I masturbate sitting up.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 03:28 PM

OK, so, how would adjusting your back help your wrist?
Your central nervous system runs through your spine. (Head, neck, spine, limbs...) I don't want to rehash ancient Chinese secrets, but a healthy flowing nervous system is the key to good health. That and lots of booze & women.

Surgery is optional, by the way. It depends on how fast you want to deal with it. Six months of stretching and physical therapy will alleviate most forms of tendonitis.
If the surgery is 100% successful you might be fine. As you age, you may need additional surgery.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Was it a widening or a lengthening?
Chiropractor can't cure that either, unless she's really hot.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Because its less work when I masturbate sitting up.
Quagmire discovers internet porn:

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 4, 2009, 03:39 PM

I look more like Popeye.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by osiris View Post
Your central nervous system runs through your spine. Head, neck, spine, limbs...
Adjusting your spine does not affect your wrist or elbow tendons when they are inflamed, torn, hyperextended, or otherwise. Taking an inflammatory, analyzing your posture, then limiting movement of the area is the only proven treatment. Adjusting your neck and back does not do anything except increase your risk of neurological damage.

Claiming to fix tendonitis in the wrist or elbow via adjusting the back would be considered malpractice by any board certified medical professional. Chiropractors want to be accepted as medical professionals, but don't want any of the responsibility that comes with it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules