Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Sign up for AT&T iPad plan from Canada?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 25, 2010, 01:56 PM

Gonna be in the US in a week and I'd like to have iPad coverage. can I sign up for an iPad plan without toting along a computer? or can I sign up to the plan from Canada in some way?

Wiskedjak  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 25, 2010, 02:33 PM

Or, failing that, what're the best (price and performance) GPS apps with offline maps?

Cold Warrior
Jul 25, 2010, 03:03 PM

Navigon is highly regarded -- probably the best for iPhone/iPad -- offers regional packages (for less than the full North America price), and the data is preloaded not pulled over the air.

There are free solutions that just get it over 3G, but I am too paranoid with my trip planning to trust on-demand, pervasive 3G covered 100% when needed.

Forum Links
Forum Rules