Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Theme preview app?

Theme preview app?
I'mDaMac
Senior User
Apr 8, 2003, 02:01 AM

What do you guys use to preview themes in progress? I'm toying around with some themes and I'm constantly loading them to see the changes. There has to be an easier way!

Thanks.
Who'sDaMac?

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 8, 2003, 02:29 AM

Try Theme Checker

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Apr 8, 2003, 03:42 AM

I apply the Extras.rsrc I'm working on using Duality 4 ms 3 (because it's faster than GT at switchin .rsrc files and because ThemeChanger does not support switching .rsrc files + it does not restart the Finder).

Then I look at it in AppearanceSample (installed with Developer Tools), Theme Checker X (installed with Duality 4 DE), ThemePreview (installed with Duality 4) and Swizcore Studio Theme Validator which I got from Swiz.

Maybe Swiz could post it here? It's probably the most useful preview app.

fireside
Professional Poster
Apr 8, 2003, 04:12 AM

well, actually, if you just click the "preview" button in ThemeChanger, you get a nice box that pops up with all the buttons and widgets and stuff.

swiz
GUI Punk
Apr 8, 2003, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by bOOzo:
I apply the Extras.rsrc I'm working on using Duality 4 ms 3 (because it's faster than GT at switchin .rsrc files and because ThemeChanger does not support switching .rsrc files + it does not restart the Finder).

Then I look at it in AppearanceSample (installed with Developer Tools), Theme Checker X (installed with Duality 4 DE), ThemePreview (installed with Duality 4) and Swizcore Studio Theme Validator which I got from Swiz.

Maybe Swiz could post it here? It's probably the most useful preview app.
Thanks Max, glad you still find it helpful.

Here it is:
SS Theme Validator

Keep in mind that this only previews Cocoa elements.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

Forum Links
Forum Rules