Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Entourage or Mail?

Entourage or Mail?
wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2004, 12:23 AM

Okay so I just got a copy of the student version of office 2004 through my school. I'm wondering if I should bother to set-up Entourage or just keep mail as my default mail client. I have had good luck with mail so far (only been a few days), but I was just wondering if Entourage is clearly better or anything like that? I have 2 accounts that I'd like to service. One is my school and the other a hotmail account. I haven't bothered to setup the hotmail account yet on mail, but I'm assuming it would be easy enough. I've never loved outlook on my PC as it often had wierd problems. However, I'm more than willing to give Entourage a shot if it's a solid program. So... what say you?
Mac: 15" 1.5ghz PB w/ 128mb vid, 5400rpm 80gb, combo drive, 2gb ram
Peripherals: 20gb 4g iPod, Canon i950, Canon S230 "elph", Canon LIDE30, Logitech MX510, Logitech z5500, M-Audio Sonica Theater, Samsung 191T
PC: AMD "barton" XP @ 2.3ghz, 1gb pc3200, 9800pro 128mb, 120gb WD-SE 120gb
Xbox: 1.6, modded with X3 xecuter, slayers evoX 2.6, WDSE 120gb HDD

Sod Off Sadr
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: I sent hundreds of followers to their deaths. Then I cut and ran. Now I'm livin' large somewhere in Najaf.
Jul 24, 2004, 09:09 AM

do a freaking search and you'll find about a gazillion rehashes of this same topic. Stop being lazy.
You heard me! Sod off, Sadr!

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2004, 12:00 PM

Indeed. And at the end of that search you still won't have a satisfactory answer.

Originally posted by Sod Off Sadr:
do a freaking search and you'll find about a gazillion rehashes of this same topic. Stop being lazy.

wuzup101  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 25, 2004, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by Sod Off Sadr:
um... thanks... so i'll go search for an answer again that I wont get...
Mac: 15" 1.5ghz PB w/ 128mb vid, 5400rpm 80gb, combo drive, 2gb ram
Peripherals: 20gb 4g iPod, Canon i950, Canon S230 "elph", Canon LIDE30, Logitech MX510, Logitech z5500, M-Audio Sonica Theater, Samsung 191T
PC: AMD "barton" XP @ 2.3ghz, 1gb pc3200, 9800pro 128mb, 120gb WD-SE 120gb
Xbox: 1.6, modded with X3 xecuter, slayers evoX 2.6, WDSE 120gb HDD

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2004, 10:01 AM

Both programs are pretty solid for day-to-day use, yet both programs have their quirks. Unfortunately you won't find an objective answer. Try both, and see which fits your usage style and preferences more.

I will say this -- Entourage 2004 has a new feature called "Project Center" that is pretty cool for creating "virtual" organizations of project-related files and folders.

cpac
Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2004, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by wuzup101:
um... thanks... so i'll go search for an answer again that I wont get...
His point is that there's no real answer, just opinions on both sides. If you want to read such opinions, do a search, otherwise, just try both and see which works best for you.
cpac

Forum Links
Forum Rules