Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [CandyBar "Plus"] to be released by Aspyr (!)

[CandyBar "Plus"] to be released by Aspyr (!)
Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 21, 2004, 01:27 AM

http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/candy/

I want it just for the "1,000 free icons"...

Holigen
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2004, 01:37 AM

Originally posted by Banghazi:
http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/candy/

I want it just for the "1,000 free icons"...
Ya, I saw this too. Im kinda confused since the IF hasnt said anything about it and Panic/IF made both the apps. Seems sort of strange to me...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 21, 2004, 11:47 AM

Looks like they're trying to get rich off of Iconfactory/Panic's hard work. This is a conflict of interest for the Iconfactory, so I don't seehow they would approve of its existence.
Septuple post! Quadruple word score!

chezpaul
Senior User
Dec 21, 2004, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by kwyjiboy:
Looks like they're trying to get rich off of Iconfactory/Panic's hard work. This is a conflict of interest for the Iconfactory, so I don't seehow they would approve of its existence.

R U guys stupid ???
Iconfactory must have just sold the apps to Aspyr... How complicated is that ?

!000 icons... !!! if you look at the preview, it's all icons we already have.. Somatic etc....
I know for sure I won't be buying that... I don't need Pixadex, I've already figured that much out.
As for Candybar 2... Candybar 1 was all I needed... bad thinking I say...
Dual 1 Gig DDR & 15' Powerbook 867 MHz, Sony Ericsson T637 phone

CrusaderSean
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 21, 2004, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by chezpaul:
R U guys stupid ???
right.. and thats a logical conclusion that iconfactory/panic sold their product since they never mentioned it.

anyways, i wish candybar works a bit better w/ shapeshifter 2. i want to use both simultaneously (well i know you can set ss to default icon and use candybar).

servo
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 21, 2004, 12:58 PM

Panic and The Iconfactory probably reached a deal with Aspyr for distribution. I doubt Aspyr would want to take over upkeep and support for a couple little shareware apps.

It's really not that complicated...

Holigen
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2004, 02:41 PM

R U guys stupid ???

!000 icons... !!! if you look at the preview, it's all icons we already have.. Somatic etc....
I know for sure I won't be buying that... I don't need Pixadex, I've already figured that much out.
As for Candybar 2... Candybar 1 was all I needed... bad thinking I say...
No, were not stupid. Are you sure that they have been sold? I mean its logical that that could have occurred, but Im not believing it till i see it. Also, when has Aspyr made any Mac utilities. Seems like all they do is port PC games over to the Mac (awesome jobs btw but usually too late to be of any interest). I was just a bit confused that they would start making Mac utilities by packing two apps that they did not make into a bloated package. Candybar 2 has a great use for me, though. I really dislike changing all of my app icons by hand. It can get pretty annoying. It basically just automates that. Pixadex is ok, somehwat sluggish but overall it has its uses. Although I respect your opinion it seems like youre very stubborn about this all. "You know for sure you wont be buying that" well why dont you wait to see how it ends up, house of Paul.

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2004, 04:30 PM

Maybe david lanham or dave brassgalla can clear this up, and tell us what is going on... There is no point in drawing conclusions it will get us no-wheres..... Sorry to cut this message short but i am using internet on a cruise ship for 75 cents a minute eeeek... anyways i'm just as confused as you guys are

captphatsidy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 21, 2004, 08:17 PM

http://stevenf.com/mt/archives/2004/...bar_in_a_b.php

This should answer your questions...

Holigen
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2004, 09:05 PM

Ahh, thanks. So its just to draw CB into the retail world. Interesting...

Banghazi  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 21, 2004, 10:54 PM

Congrats to IconFactory/Panic(?) for having their software becoming availabe in Apple Stores! Is there a bigger honor than that? Congrats also to the artists whose icons were chosen for this.

I know for sure I won't be buying that...
Dunno how you've been warranted to call all of us stupid, ...but ditto on that one point.
( Last edited by Banghazi; Dec 21, 2004 at 11:01 PM. )

chezpaul
Senior User
Dec 21, 2004, 11:39 PM

R U guys stupid was meant as in are you TWO guys above me who've already answered.
Also as in, it's not that complicated to figure out that for whatever reason Iconfactory wants to sell more or just sell out. No big deal either way. It's all about the money in the end.

Now if they're gonna sell at the Apple Store, that is for sure a very good deal for them. Nothing new for us as we know the apps and what they're worth. Other novices wouldn't know and might just buy it.

So in the end it's all good for iconfactory... not so much for us GUI Macnn forum readers.

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2004, 12:04 AM

R U guys stupid was meant as in are you TWO guys above me who've already answered.
Also as in, it's not that complicated to figure out that for whatever reason Iconfactory wants to sell more or just sell out. No big deal either way. It's all about the money in the end.

Now if they're gonna sell at the Apple Store, that is for sure a very good deal for them. Nothing new for us as we know the apps and what they're worth. Other novices wouldn't know and might just buy it.

So in the end it's all good for iconfactory... not so much for us GUI Macnn forum readers.
go post somewhere else, we don't need your coments.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2004, 12:22 AM

Ya, because you have to open your mouth and start calling people stupid. Mike's right man.

Banghazi  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2004, 01:04 AM

<snip>

chezpaul
Senior User
Dec 22, 2004, 01:57 AM

U guys are sad or old or both. Getting all defensive for a general term I used.
I wasn't trying to be mean or anything like it. Just factual.
Whatever...

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2004, 07:19 AM

U guys are sad or old or both. Getting all defensive for a general term I used.
I wasn't trying to be mean or anything like it. Just factual.
Whatever...
There you go again with your generalization. If you cannot keep your mouth shut over your silly trolling/spamming ways don't bother to post here. There are thousands of websites out there that don't care about name calling and assholeness but they do here. Hopefully you will get banned for being the jerk you've shown. I am quite happy and only 24, not old at all. Sure you may be 14 but you really should go somewhere else with your comments. We don't need your generalization here. And you are the farthest thing from factual I have ever seen. Good DAY!

chezpaul
Senior User
Dec 22, 2004, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by Hi I'm Mike:
There you go again with your generalization. If you cannot keep your mouth shut over your silly trolling/spamming ways don't bother to post here. There are thousands of websites out there that don't care about name calling and assholeness but they do here. Hopefully you will get banned for being the jerk you've shown. I am quite happy and only 24, not old at all. Sure you may be 14 but you really should go somewhere else with your comments. We don't need your generalization here. And you are the farthest thing from factual I have ever seen. Good DAY!

U really have to relax a bit. If you read carefully I wasn't mean spirited in any way. Hold your horses mister.
Generalisations....... trolling.. spamming.... such big words you use...

I'm done here.
Have a nice day.
.... Damn....
( Last edited by chezpaul; Dec 22, 2004 at 07:11 PM. )

mattwdmn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 22, 2004, 03:34 PM

U really have to relax a bit. If you read carefully I wasn't mean spirited in any way. Slow down your horses mister.
Generalisations....... trolling.. spamming.... such big words you use...

I'm done here.
Have a nice day.
.... Damn....
you werent mean spirited? wow, seems like calling people stupid is a nice thing to do these days.

by the way, its hold your horses.
i used to be holigen, but changed my name

themarvelous3
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 22, 2004, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by mattwdmn:
you werent mean spirited? wow, seems like calling people stupid is a nice thing to do these days.

by the way, its hold your horses.
you guys want him to shut up but you insist on being immature enough to want the last word; so you just keep egging him on. maybe his initial question of "R U stupid?" was justified afterall..

..kinda sad.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2004, 10:38 PM

I wanna see the retail boxes. I hope they got that Apple look to them.

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2004, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by themarvelous3:
you guys want him to shut up but you insist on being immature enough to want the last word; so you just keep egging him on. maybe his initial question of "R U stupid?" was justified afterall..

..kinda sad.
Sweeeeet a fight!
I'll end this quickly. Next time someone calls you stupid, just ignore 'em OR in my case call them an escaped uterus. It will not only confuse them but also avoid further argument.

NOW, I do however agree that anyone who thinks Aspyr did this without permission from the Iconfactory is a complete and total retard. This was probably a joint effort between the two companies to put Candybar on shelves and boost sales or something. Very often ignorant new computer buyers will get software right off the shelves of stores rather then picking out the best app online. I can easily imagine some idiot who just bought their first computer picking up a box of Candybar saying "over a thousand icons! Gee wiz what a deal!"

mattwdmn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 22, 2004, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by themarvelous3:

..kinda sad.
its not that we really want the last word, its just that he didn't have to be that rude. i mean i would have been more open to his point of view if he had presented it nicely. there was no reason for him to insult people.

egging him on in what? its not like he had any reason to be nasty. i just sorta felt like he had taken out some of his anger on the forum and that didn't seem right. im sorry if we kind of hijacked this thread but i (and i guess mike too) couldn't let that pass.

as you were

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2004, 11:52 PM

STFU now, ya' hear?

mattwdmn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2004, 12:01 AM

Originally posted by CreepingDeth:
<snip>

STFU now, ya' hear?
i can't believe you put that on your idisk just for us!

very funny, but anyways, i think that this could help the if/panic if its placed at apple stores. if not, i doubt many mac people will see it and think that it would be useful for them. i don't think many people are interested in changing icons outside of people who already know about the iconfactory. but i could be (and probably am) wrong.

Forum Links
Forum Rules