Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > why isn't this guy dead?

why isn't this guy dead?
torsoboy
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 04:24 PM

This may have been posted before, but DANG! This guy is asking for death. This makes me sick to my stomach (and I just thought I would share). Misery loves comfort I guess.

http://www.phreakweb.com/Beeners.wmv

http://nationallampoon.sitestream.co...&media=1871064

http://nationallampoon.sitestream.co...&media=1871094

HawgJawl
Banned
Jul 22, 2005, 04:28 PM

Yeah in certain places he would be dead.

Lets hope he explained himself.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 22, 2005, 04:32 PM

He's a jerk. That's not a lethal condition.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 04:37 PM

This show lacks, yet offends. Fox should pick it up.
I, ASIMO.

baw
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 04:42 PM

Hahah! That's hilarious.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2005, 04:42 PM

Wow. Sad thing is, I bet he sleeps pretty well at night. Jerk indeed.

jasonsRX7
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 04:46 PM

I predict this thread will be one to watch

torsoboy  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by baw
Hahah! That's hilarious.
Interesting. I didn't think it was real funny.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by torsoboy
Interesting. I didn't think it was real funny.
Me neither. A friend of mine sent this to me, I thought his email account must have been hacked. Did he think I would like it it? It makes me sad that there are people with that much contempt for a whole race/class of people. I'd at least key his car </other thread>

baw
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 05:19 PM

Good for you. You deserve a cookie.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by baw
Good for you. You deserve a cookie.
And you deserve your due helping of humanity. If you thought that was funny, you need to reevaluate your life.

brapper
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2005, 07:05 PM

what a dick.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 22, 2005, 07:15 PM

Damn, I was hoping it was a "bait car" actually...

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 22, 2005, 07:33 PM

That was disgusting and dispicable. What's HE doing to find work? Probably lives in mom's basement. At least she can't take the blame for his clothes! What a moron. Too much money and too much time on his hands, and he likes messing with poor people looking for work. It is his BELIEF that they are not legally in the States, and so he decides he can mess with them. This is called discrimination and what he did is called a hate crime.

I hope mom kicks him out of the basement and he has to live in the real world.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2005, 08:04 PM

Thats just wrong. Honestly if the US were to kick out ever illegal worker out of the country, the economy of the entire southwest would fall apart, not to even think about the economical ramifications it would have on agriculture and the service industry around the entire US. I'm sick and tired of ignorant people in the US yelling 'go home' to every person who looks like they're hispanic. It degrades us all.

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ
Thats just wrong. Honestly if the US were to kick out ever illegal worker out of the country, the economy of the entire southwest would fall apart, not to even think about the economical ramifications it would have on agriculture and the service industry around the entire US. I'm sick and tired of ignorant people in the US yelling 'go home' to every person who looks like they're hispanic. It degrades us all.
Let me guess, it's not racist to expect an entire race of immigrants to work sh|tty jobs illegally.

It's Americas fault that Mexico can't take care of their people.

This thread is headed into the deep abyss of the political lounge.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2005, 10:28 PM

When I get a gun, that guy is at the top of the list.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jul 22, 2005, 11:09 PM

I thought it was funny, in a not so funny non-funny funny way.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2005, 11:30 PM

Can someone translate these to mpeg. I have flip4mac and I can only see half of it.

The other 2 links lock up Safari. I've tried them many times and all they do is lock up Safari.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 23, 2005, 02:37 AM

Racist, highly stupid and immature.

$10 says he eats "Freedom Fries".

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

HawgJawl
Banned
Jul 23, 2005, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by iMOTOR
It's Americas fault that Mexico can't take care of their people.

HawgJawl
Banned
Jul 23, 2005, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
Racist, highly stupid and immature.

$10 says he eats "Freedom Fries".
Highly Doubt that.

budster101
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 10:52 AM

We all eat Freedom Fries in America, didn't y'all know that?

Wake a Giant
Get stepped on.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 23, 2005, 11:22 AM

He is definitely asking for trouble.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

budster101
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 11:27 AM

Uhm... why did they all run?

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2005, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by budster101
Uhm... why did they all run?
They were poor and backed into a corner, I would run too.
That a$$hole had never been in that situation, and he abused people worse off than himself.

Not a nice thing to do, let alone record and post on the internet.

budster101
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 12:04 PM

I'll tell you why they ran.

They are not legal in the USA. He has done what many of us would want to do, take them in a truck over to the INS and send them back to apply through the proper channels to get to work here.

Did he actually trap them so they'd be deported? No. He just scared the heck out of them.
Was it funny? A little, I'll be completely honest. Was there a part of me that didn't like what he did? Yes.

I have empathy for those people, and I feel great fortune to be an American citizen. They deserve the same opportunity as I do, but they have to do it right. I was lucky to be born here. Do you realize what the illegal population does to the US economy? The LOCAL economy? Why should we adjust our way of doing things to accomodate them? Spanish /English announcements and signage everywhere.

Learn English first.

You cannot do this anywhere else in the world.
If I were to go to other Countries and I only spoke Spanish, do you think they would accomodate me?

Canada? (They do accomodate the French Speaking)
France?
Japan?
England?

If you don't speak the native language or English, then you are at an understandable dissadvantage.
Fix it. The Government of Mexico is seriously to blame for this problem. Not the USA.

What the man did was not comedy, but he did do something that prompted us to discuss the serious side to his version of what is funny.

You were correct in stating this was an abuse. I won't argue with that. Those men were doing what they thought they could to make a few dollars so that the 10 families living in one house in a suburb could eat and send their kids to a school that will accomodate the growing Spanish-only speaking kids, pushing the English-speaking kids to the curb in many cases. I've seen this first hand where I used to live.

Something seriously has to be done. Not comedy, but even this so-called comedy can bring a hot-topic to the surface for serious discussion.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2005, 12:11 PM

Learn English first.
Is there some law in the US that says English is the US language?

Or is it just the major language because of the past?

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

budster101
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 12:12 PM

That's all you got from my post? You are pathetic.

Is there some LAW in England that you need to speak "The Queen's English"

- Mexico , Spanish
- Japan, Japanese
- Iceland, Icelandic

They speak English, as does most of the world... it's an unwritten law.

"Can you deal with that!?"

- Meet the Parents.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2005, 12:48 PM

I'd love to post the 'downhill thread' pic, but I'm afraid I don't know where it started.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2005, 12:59 PM

That's all you got from my post? You are pathetic.
First line and you throw in a personal attack.
Is there some LAW in England that you need to speak "The Queen's English"

- Mexico , Spanish
- Japan, Japanese
- Iceland, Icelandic
Don't know about other nations but it's the law here on Iceland.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

budster101
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 01:58 PM

What's the law? You HAVE to speak Icelandic? or Spanish?

You disregarded my entire post to single out something you found that you didn't like... that's pathetic.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2005, 02:10 PM

What's the law? You HAVE to speak Icelandic? or Spanish?

You disregarded my entire post to single out something you found that you didn't like... that's pathetic.
It's the law that Icelandic is the national language. It's the law that all Icelandic media has to be in Icelandic. It's the law that foreign shows must be translated to Icelandic(luckily not dubbed). There are more laws regarding this when it comes to work etc and more on the way.

You can call it pathetic that I focus on this point all you want

My question remains unanswered. is there any law that states that you have to speak English(either to become and American, to get work, etc etc) in the US?

budster101
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 02:18 PM

No. It is not the law, and I'm not saying it has to be, but if we keep making dual signage for the language, and adjusting the curriculum to accomodate the spanish speaking only, then where is the motivation to do so?

Again, if I were to go and live in another country such as Mexico, or France, or Germany, I would be expected to make an effort to learn conversational Spanish, French, or German. It's the right thing to do, and it is showing respect for your new chosen home. The thing is, they don't choose this to be their home, they choose it to be where they make money and then go back to Mexico...

"You can call it pathetic that I focus on this point all you want..."

Glad I have your permission to do so.

Is it a law in any other country besides Iceland? Not likely, but if you want to get along well enough with the native speakers, it would behoove you to do so. Don't you think it rude not to?

Why is it a "law" in Iceland? What's the matter? Don't you want to be diluted by another culture?

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2005, 02:24 PM

If you two don't shut up, I'll turn this car around and neither of you will get any DQ.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 23, 2005, 02:38 PM

I think pretty much every country has an official language or multiple official languages by law. According to Wikipedia Spanish is an official language in New Mexico and Puerto Rico.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2005, 04:18 PM

No. It is not the law, and I'm not saying it has to be, but if we keep making dual signage for the language, and adjusting the curriculum to accomodate the spanish speaking only, then where is the motivation to do so?

Again, if I were to go and live in another country such as Mexico, or France, or Germany, I would be expected to make an effort to learn conversational Spanish, French, or German. It's the right thing to do, and it is showing respect for your new chosen home. The thing is, they don't choose this to be their home, they choose it to be where they make money and then go back to Mexico...

"You can call it pathetic that I focus on this point all you want..."

Glad I have your permission to do so.
Then why don't you speak the language the original Americans spoke? Since it's all about "showing respect for your new chosen home". If the US has chosen not to have an official language by law you'll have to accept having signs in different languages. And they aren't required to learn any English if they feel they get by without learning it. It might irritate you but at least they don't follow the original American settlers way of moving to a new country.
Is it a law in any other country besides Iceland? Not likely, but if you want to get along well enough with the native speakers, it would behoove you to do so. Don't you think it rude not to?

Why is it a "law" in Iceland? What's the matter? Don't you want to be diluted by another culture?
I think most of the Scandinavian countries has similar laws. And I think most other nations have an official language by law. You decided to be a multi-cultural society and you'll just have to accept both the pros and cons of that decision.

Why is it law in Iceland? Because we are only about 290k people. Our language is the same as the Vikings had and we're the only nation left in Northern Europe that still speaks that language. We are also(most of us) proud of our nationality, history and language. Any Icelander can take up texts that are more than a thousand years old and read it without much problem. It's even easier after Iceland changed to "latin" letters. If we didn't protect our language and have a committee that would basically find new Icelandic words(e.g. for telephone we use an old word for "line") for every new technology we wouldn't have our language anymore.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2005, 05:32 PM

Its funny, but not ha-ha funny.

Though with my father's dump bed I could one-up that freakish looking guy by brigging like 30 illegal immigrants there.

budster101
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell
Then why don't you speak the language the original Americans spoke? Since it's all about "showing respect for your new chosen home". If the US has chosen not to have an official language by law you'll have to accept having signs in different languages. And they aren't required to learn any English if they feel they get by without learning it. It might irritate you but at least they don't follow the original American settlers way of moving to a new country.

I think most of the Scandinavian countries has similar laws. And I think most other nations have an official language by law. You decided to be a multi-cultural society and you'll just have to accept both the pros and cons of that decision.

Why is it law in Iceland? Because we are only about 290k people. Our language is the same as the Vikings had and we're the only nation left in Northern Europe that still speaks that language. We are also(most of us) proud of our nationality, history and language. Any Icelander can take up texts that are more than a thousand years old and read it without much problem. It's even easier after Iceland changed to "latin" letters. If we didn't protect our language and have a committee that would basically find new Icelandic words(e.g. for telephone we use an old word for "line") for every new technology we wouldn't have our language anymore.
Well, If I had come here and that was the "National Language" then I certainly would, but since they were conquered so long ago, it's really not my call. I was just BORN HERE much after the fact.

Sorry, but our multi-cutlural society has settled in on ENGLISH as our national language. Every imigrant that has come here has learned the language, except it would seem the MEXICANS en mass... Japanese, Polish, Italian, Chech, etc... why are they so special?

I'm pretty impressed that you have a law for it and can keep it. (Your language) I'd have actually liked to have learn Italian and Polish like my grandparents along with the English Language as I grew up. So that when I did visit those countries in my youth like I did, I'd have been able to show respect to them and spoken to every local. That's the way I feel. You don't have a problem with that do you?

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2005, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell
You decided to be a multi-cultural society and you'll just have to accept both the pros and cons of that decision.
I don't think we decided to be a multi-lingual society by choice, but when millions of workers immigrate illegally to a region, it just happens.

And don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that Mexican immigrants aren't smart enough to learn a new language, I think the reason Mexican immigrants are encouraged not to assimilate into American society is because employers who hire illegal labor want to lock immigrants out of the American Dream and keep a steady flow of cheap labor coming in.

What kills me is how these immigrants come up here and either have to live homeless in the forest or fit ten people in a two bedroom house to get by, and everyone else pretends that it's okay even though they would never want to live like that. But if you say the illegal immigrants should be deported, learn English, and become citizens the legal way, you get called a RASIST

My Grandfather, Grandmother, and Uncle escaped from Europe during the war, and came here on a ship. All of the refugees who wanted to live here had to become citizens. And to become a citizen, you had to have a sponsor. My Grandfather learned English, was an indentured servant for his sponsor for a period of time, became a citizen, took a driving test in English and got a drivers license, and became an American. He's not bitter that he had to learn English and become a legal citizen, he's a very proud American. He had an opportunity to achieve the American Dream because he was an American. He paid for both of his kids College, and owns his house.

If Mexico won't become a real country and take care of their people, then the true racism is assuming their immigrants can't become true Americans.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2005, 05:54 PM

Needless to say these people work and don't pay taxes.

I myself can build a porch, but I charge 30$ an hour for it and I have to pay a large chunk of my weekly paycheck in taxes.

And I have a New England accent but at least I can converse in the language of the natives, which by the way, is the English speaking in this country.

macbain80
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 23, 2005, 06:27 PM

Guys, it's not real. It's a "satire" of American TV, get it? A really dumb, uninspired satire for sure. But the end title gives it away... "American Racist".

If this is the state of satire today, Paddy Chayevsky must be turning in his grave.

budster101
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 06:41 PM

In that case it's funny. Over the top, but funny.

I think some should view Japanese Game Shows, or UK Comedy sometime...

Benny Hill < He doesn't count or > Monte Python, But some shows and commercials are way out.

lngtones
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2005, 12:01 AM

They should send the illegals back or execute them. Then replace their jobs with the freeway shooters, inmates, parole violators, and troubled youth.

And not pay any of them.

torsoboy  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2005, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by sek929
Needless to say these people work and don't pay taxes.

I myself can build a porch, but I charge 30$ an hour for it and I have to pay a large chunk of my weekly paycheck in taxes...
I read in a Time article not very long ago that many of the places that hire illegal immigrants still pay all of the same taxes as the they would for the rest of us. Also, many of the illegals themselves pay taxes but never get the long term (or short term) benefits from them. They are helping keep our social security floating right now, and will never draw from it. Yeah, the porch builders in the video wont pay taxes for that job, but neither do most people who do small jobs on the side.

Originally Posted by macbain80
Guys, it's not real. It's a "satire" of American TV, get it? A really dumb, uninspired satire for sure. But the end title gives it away... "American Racist"...
It's real, he just does it and post it on TV (or the Internet) because he thinks what he's doing is will get him some attention. He still really took those people on a suprise visit to the immigration office. He still really wore the white oufit and teased the blacks with it. He really went and made fun of other people's beliefs. What's not real about it? Because it winds up on TV, or the Internet, it is not real?

budster101
Baninated
Jul 26, 2005, 03:30 AM

What about minority run businesses that hire illegals? Nada.

I think they were all actors?...

version
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2005, 05:14 AM

Pretty mad sh!t. Mind you, this from the country that has recently discovered equality for all (if you're not whitey) and wants to spread its gospel far and wide.

version
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2005, 05:16 AM

What about minority run businesses that hire illegals? Nada.

I think they were all actors?...

The US and the UK NEED foreign workers. Don't be fooled by the attempts of governmentt o prattle on about immigration control, they need low-pay worklers just to keep the empire ticking along.

budster101
Baninated
Jul 26, 2005, 09:43 AM

We need LEGAL foreign workers just like we need domestic for different reasons and it's ok that way, but to say we need illegal workers is to deceive oneself and others in order to perpetuate a falsehood.

James L
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2005, 09:52 AM

Wake a Giant
Get stepped on.

<insert Star Wars Imperial March song here>

Forum Links
Forum Rules