Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > how many ppl waiting for a bluetooth mighty mouse?

how many ppl waiting for a bluetooth mighty mouse?
hcorf
Forum Regular
Sep 1, 2005, 07:05 AM

I am really close to getting either a wired mighty mouse or a bluetooth apple standard mouse for my newish pb. It seems logical that they are going to release a bluetooth mighty mouse at some point, because right now a one button mouse with no scrollwheel is useless to me if i have scrolling on the trackpad already.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Also, is the cord long enough on the mighty mouse for use with a pb?

I know there are other wireless mice out there, but i really dont want to have some annoying usb dongle or adapter sticking out the side of the notebook.
PB 15" 1.5ghz : 1gig : Combo

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2005, 07:09 AM

i'm waiting

hcorf  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 1, 2005, 08:02 AM

any guesses as to how long it will be? maybe a side thing at this paris expo thing along with shipping the wired ones with all new macs?
PB 15" 1.5ghz : 1gig : Combo

Helmling
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2005, 08:44 AM

I got the wired version because I'm on an old G4 iMac, so I don't even have bluetooth. I know my brother-in-law who just got a spiffy new iMac needs a wireless, I'm definitely recommending the Mighty Mouse.

southtdi
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2005, 10:20 AM

Not big into wireless mice due to the battery life and the weight of the mouse. Feels like i'm using a rock not a mouse. I would expect that the wireless version of the mighty mouse to be out in th enear future. Have no hard evidence but Apple did just EOL the wired pro mouse yesterday.
- TiBook 867mhz
- Rev. A Dual 2.0ghz PowerMac G5, 3 Gigs Ram, Dual Dell 24" displays.
- Imac G4 20" with 1 Gig of ram

ryter221
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2005, 12:00 PM

I was just about to buy a bluetooth mouse that looked a little like Apple's standard mouse, because I really wanted it to match my iMac, and then the Mighty Mouse came out. I was so bummed that it didn't have bluetooth! So as soon as a bluetooth version comes out, I'll buy it along with an Apple Wireless Keyboard!
"This grain of sand looks pretty suspicious. And so does this rock! And I've got some questions for this little piece of grass!"

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2005, 03:54 PM

I am.

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2005, 04:10 PM

all the fence sitters.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2005, 11:34 PM

I'll buy one (or more) if/when it becomes available. Until then, I'll live with the "tail."

Tesseract
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2005, 11:53 PM

Wireless mice lag too much for my taste (and I'm not even a gamer). Plus cha{n,r}ging the batteries is a pain. So wired mice are fine with me

Wet Jimmy
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2005, 12:27 AM

I'll be snatching up a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse as soon as they are available. I can't believe it didn't launch with a Wireless version, in this day and age - Apple are really behind the eight ball on this one.

It's a shame - I had just ordered my G5 when the Mighty Mouse was announced, but it means that I'm curently using the one button BT Apple mouse instead. I hate cable clutter, so a wired mouse just isn't an option.

Still, the one button does eveything I need - the only issue is that it make WoW a real challenge to play!

I patiently wait...

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2005, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Wet Jimmy
I'll be snatching up a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse as soon as they are available. I can't believe it didn't launch with a Wireless version, in this day and age - Apple are really behind the eight ball on this one.

It's a shame - I had just ordered my G5 when the Mighty Mouse was announced, but it means that I'm curently using the one button BT Apple mouse instead. I hate cable clutter, so a wired mouse just isn't an option.

Still, the one button does eveything I need - the only issue is that it make WoW a real challenge to play!

I patiently wait...
the Mighty Mouse is not ideal for WoW, because the easiest way to move is by holding down both mouse buttons (Which doesn't work on the Mighty Mouse). You can still walk with the WASD keys, but i always preferred using both mouse buttons most of the time.

"I start fires!"

Jens Peter
Senior User
Sep 7, 2005, 04:52 AM

I'm also waiting for a Bluetooth version... Since I can't get the Kensington mouse I would like here in the EU... Guess thy only sell them in the US.

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 7, 2005, 06:31 AM

Add me to the waiting list.

V12
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 8, 2005, 04:06 PM

i too am waiting for a BT might mouse for my powerbook, as soon as they release it my one button apple BT mouse will be on ebay.

badtz
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2005, 05:12 PM

I am, but NOT if the only option to charge it's batteries is by placing new ones in! :X

There's no way I'm willing to cycle thru batteries like there's no tomorrow.

motti
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2005, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jens Peter
I'm also waiting for a Bluetooth version... Since I can't get the Kensington mouse I would like here in the EU... Guess thy only sell them in the US.
Same problem here, can't find this one Pilot Bluetooth. in Europe.
AppleWatch - System Requirements: Female or male wrist | Left or right hand version | Ability to have a good time

Forum Links
Forum Rules